Isn’t Bangkok now a renter’s market?

9 hours ago, San Fran Dan said:

Prices are rising , I had place during Covid 8 , 000 a month 20 th floor now paying 14,000 so prices are adjusting 

You kidding, no way would I accept a 75 % increase. There is plenty of other good places  out there.

• Like 1

another BLAH BLAH article!!!!!!!!!

It all depends on whether or not you are retiring or working (online or at an office)

If you are retire living on a $2,000 a month.. paying Bht32,000 ($950)/month  will seemed to be a lot of money excluding utilities which will run about Bht2k/month

It is not ridiculous to have a  Bht 6k-7k/month rent in town, Typical rent is equivalent to 30% (Bht 18k) of what you earn per month. The ridiculous places are nice and can fit the lifestyle of many.... you will have extra money to bring many girls  .Girls will perform the same in a cheap room.

Depend on your lifestyle, If you are paying a lot of money for rent, then you will spend a lot of time in your place and it would be a waste of time and money and never nejoy bangkok.

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Rangsit you can rent a garden home for 6-7k a month.  The lower prices are avail but jus t like any big city  you need to move away from the city center.

Who the hell can afford a 40,000 baht apartment?

A lot of expats in Bangkok can.  Lots of Thais can as well.  

12 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

He didn't.  It was offered, not requested.

Still no excuse for being a cheap Charlie. You take advantage of a woman's services, no matter the circumstances, and if it is PFP, you treat them with kindness, respect and pay them a fair wage. Basic human decency. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Still no excuse for being a cheap Charlie. You take advantage of a woman's services, no matter the circumstances, and if it is PFP, you treat them with kindness, respect and pay them a fair wage. Basic human decency. 

How was he being a 'Cheap Charlie' if he was offered something he didn't want?

3 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

How was he being a 'Cheap Charlie' if he was offered something he didn't want?

Nobody forced him to get on board. It is about kindness and respect. You don't want it no problem. You take it, offer something fair and reasonable. Would you like to be on the receiving end of that deal? 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nobody forced him to get on board. It is about kindness and respect. You don't want it no problem. You take it, offer something fair and reasonable. Would you like to be on the receiving end of that deal? 

His post has been removed now due to offensive replies but I don't remember him sayiing just how the 'offer' was received. I got the feeling that he was sat in a bar and was simply made the offer. He didn't want it but thought the girl must be desperate so gave her 100 baht to buy food - which he said, she did.  I would call that benevolent, not cheap.

And yes, if I was hungry and had no money, I'd be happy to be given enough money to buy food.