Proof of address paperwork

KarenBravo

6 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Sorry to hear that, KB. There have been a lot of PEA trucks around Chao Fah West in Chalong recently, working on the cables, insulators and/or transformers. I had a day without power last week.

Edit:

My next door neighbour has a diesel-powered electricity generator. You would think that if he could do it for his house, that the very important Immigration office......

To be honest, 30 years ago that may have been a good investment. But imo, electricity has become quite reliable. I would not invest in one of those anymore.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Sorry to hear that, KB. There have been a lot of PEA trucks around Chao Fah West in Chalong recently, working on the cables, insulators and/or transformers. I had a day without power last week.

Edit:

My next door neighbour has a diesel-powered electricity generator. You would think that if he could do it for his house, that the very important Immigration office......

Had a three hour black out a couple of weeks ago. The PEA trucks were at the entrance to our Soi.

45 minutes ago, stevenl said:

To be honest, 30 years ago that may have been a good investment. But imo, electricity has become quite reliable. I would not invest in one of those anymore.

Agreed. My next door neighbour has been here 50 years. I hate to think what it was like then!

29 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:
49 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

been here 50 years. I hate to think what it was like then!

It would have been fantastic. 

Not as many complainers. 

We were talking about the reliability of the electricity supply. Wake up.

Okay, got my CofR today.

You do not need a TM30.

I gave the following photocopies:-

Info page of passport.

Current visa/extension.

TM6 departure card.

Current registered address (paper stapled in at back of passport).

The PIV wanted 300Bt. I said that I knew it was free and did he know that he was aiding in corruption? He shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing they could do. Then he whispered that he could get it for free, but they would make me wait for the CofR.

I hang my head in shame. I confess I paid the 300Bt because I wanted to go to the bank to complete the paperwork for the US$ account.

Smart move by immigration officials getting the money collected by the PIV. If there is a crack-down on this, the immigration officers can pin all the blame on "corrupt" PIV. Wonder if the PIV realise this.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

. I said that I knew it was free and did he know that he was aiding in corruption?

I've been getting CofR for 20 years, I've never got a free one. 

The 300 baht goes to a good cause, I heard some of this money gets shared amongst the immigration office workers, some of these hard working young people get very little money (salary), so I'm happy to pay. 

BTW, send us a message from the lock up, you'll end up there one of these days saying things about corruption etc. to the IO. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I've been getting CofR for 20 years, I've never got a free one. 

The 300 baht goes to a good cause, I heard some of this money gets shared amongst the immigration office workers, some of these hard working young people get very little money salary), so I'm happy to pay. 

BTW, send us a message from the lock up, you'll end up there one of these days saying things about corruption etc. to the IO. 

Locked up? Don't think so.

Yes, I've had at least three free CofRs. Once when there was a crack down on CORRUPTION there, and two where I stuck to my guns.

It must feel awful to be so timid. Squeak. Squeak!

7 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Oh dear.   You have no idea how long KB has lived here, and is a fluent Thai speaker so would have no difficulty in getting his views across.   I've been here 15 years, so KB I reckon at least 20 years plus.   There is right, and there is wrong

Makes no difference how long, show respect to the authorities, don't be childish. 

Thailand has been my home for more than 20 years, I'm always respectful.

Because you've lived here for ages doesn't allow you to be disrespectful. 

10 minutes ago, pagallim said:

You with your subservient attitude contribute to the potential perpetuity of corruption

I pay the fees when asked, never questioning. 

It's a little bit of money to share to the immigration staff, why be cheap. 

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Just pay the little bit of money for paper work requested. Why do you expect it for free, it wouldn't be free where you come from. 

Yes it would.   When you consider Thailand as your home, with property and family, sorry, most of us move beyond the "we are only visitors" category.   It's not about the money, it's about the flagrant abuse of what is not actually ours but their system.   Sadly, it falls under the category of "Thainess", which for most who are familiar, is short for 'get as much as you can as often as you can', and you sadly seem to fall into the bracket of those who will perpetuate this system.   Sad.

As an aside, perhaps you can tell us where you live in Thailand?   This particular topic is in the Phuket sub forum, where I recognise most of the contributors live.   Any you?

Edited by pagallim
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I realize that I can't stop the haters, the moaners and complainers, too many of you guys. I see too many of your type in Thailand, I'm riding my PCX and I come to a small intersection, I hear this madman blasting his horn, yelling and screaming, it's a foreigner, some psycho who shouldn't be here. I'm shopping at the supermarket, I hear another outburst by a foreigner, complaining, being hostile, it just never ends. 

Don't look down to the Thais, look up to them, show them some respect.

I never hear this sort of thing, maybe you're living in the wrong place if you encounter all these 'problem' foreigners.

Respect Thais? next you'll be shouting 'Believe women'!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I never hear this sort of thing, maybe you're living in the wrong place if you encounter all these 'problem' foreigners.

Indeed, he believes that a comment about one particular aspect of Thai Immigration bureaucracy marks an individual as a Thai phobe.   Many of us are long term residents of Thailand with families and assets etc, and are here through choice and acceptance of the good and bad of its society.   That doesn't mean we should be blind to its less savoury aspects.   "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark".

As an aside, I've just received my 15th visa extension at Phuket Immigration, and have never had any problem whatsoever there, and always received good service.

I agree that he may be living in the wrong place with his crass comments about other foreigners, must be awful for the poor thing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And you'd be another one to complain about paying 300 baht for a CofR, then accuse the IO of corruption.

It's very different living in Lomsak/phetchabun not many foreigners there. 

I've got family in Phetchabun/Lomsak and the wife has a resort in Khao Kho, we go there regularly and it's great place to get away from the complaining foreigners, hope never to see you there. 

Whinging Pom's. 

https://fb.watch/dl4goacNKz/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

And you'd be another one to complain about paying 300 baht for a CofR, then accuse the IO of corruption.

I've got family in Phetchabun/Lomsak and the wife has a resort in Khao Kho, we go there regularly and it's great place to get away from the complaining foreigners, hope never to see you there

They want 1,000 to 2000bht in Chiang Mai. So I just do what the Thais do, drive with no dl/tax/test/insurance. Saves me $$$$s. 

My family farm is 15km from Lomsak...... I never go there, worse than Issan. 

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

The Thai immigration have deemed that the CofR are free. That's the rule they made. When they charge for something that is supposed to be free, that is corruption.

If their policy and rules says it's 300Bt, I would gladly pay it.

If it's supposed to be free and immigration are illegally making money from it and it isn't corruption in your eyes, what do you call it?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Did you finish high school?

I'm guessing you didn't.

I'll be polite and say goodbye. 

I'm going to leave this chat now.

I'm not bothered with you complainers anymore and yes, you are correct, I am a complainer but the only thing I complain about living in Thailand is the complaining, whinging, whining, moaning foreigners. 

Oh yes, one more complaint, Thailand....too many beautiful women. 

Please, if you can, try not to be too negative, keep your nasty, hateful comments to a minimum, your comments are toxic, the weak read your comments and then these weak people become whingers and whiners, hateful and nasty. 

Thailand doesn't need more of these negative foreigners, it's not fair, Thailand is so beautiful, the people, the food, the weather, the country.

Lovely Thailand. 

• Like 1