We seem to be surrounded by eccentric leaders

webfact

I think that the quality of leadership, especially in the West, is deplorable. These are people not even qualified to run a lemonade stand. The EU is particularly bad, where there are not competent leaders and the unelected Commission are self serving and don't give a toss about the citizens they are supposed to serve. A senile idiot former in the US....and an overgrown lying toddler in the UK. Scott Morrison who just recently threatened to invade the Solomon Islands, who just did a deal with China he didn't like.....and Trudeau....what can you say after his deplorable and illegal treatment of the trucking protest.

Damn them all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

and Trudeau....what can you say after his deplorable and illegal treatment of the trucking protest.

What you can say is that the majority of Canadians fully approved of the disposal of that trash. Hey, let's coopt your own rhetoric, since y'all tried to import dumbocracy Amurrican-style into a civilized social democracy - "Canada, love it or leave it!"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The voter turnout is a good indication of the people disillusion with the quality of their politicians or the platforms they present. Countries that have above 75% of the voting age population showing up to cast their vote seem to indicate that they have trust in their leaders they elect. On one scale, you have countries like Belgium , Sweden and South Korea while on the opposite scale are countries like UK (63%) and USA (55.7%). Got to mention that USA 2020 election saw about 20 million more votes than 2016 that unanimously voted out Trump. Purely my observation. 

You forget to add that Trump had 10 million more votes than he had in 2016 against Mrs Clinton. 

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

What you can say is that the majority of Canadians fully approved of the disposal of that trash. Hey, let's coopt your own rhetoric, since y'all tried to import dumbocracy Amurrican-style into a civilized social democracy - "Canada, love it or leave it!"

The vile Trudeau would give his odd socks to have the approval ratings of Joe Biden (and we all know how high the latter are!).

12 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

Not odd at all - this place is full of lefties/democrats.

Since you mention democrats you must come from the US and possibly in one of the fringe extremes.  These fringes are getting bigger (left and right) every day though ...

I would venture to say that most Dems / Repubs in the US are just left of center / right of center.  Not what you seem to allude to in your post ... 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Maybe we will all be saved when a UFO materializes and gives us the answers on how to get along.

Hopefully their not carrying a cookbook...How To Serve Man...

I see yiu are a Twilight Zone follower , for others who don't get the reference "

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Wrong. I'm English. America is screwed. Biden is a brain-dead puppet. 

Why bring up "dems" if you're not from US?  I agree Biden is not worth much, but better than the last dimwit ...

England is any better with your bozo Johnson running things along with the Tories?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I think that the quality of leadership, especially in the West, is deplorable. These are people not even qualified to run a lemonade stand. The EU is particularly bad, where there are not competent leaders and the unelected Commission are self serving and don't give a toss about the citizens they are supposed to serve. A senile idiot former in the US....and an overgrown lying toddler in the UK. Scott Morrison who just recently threatened to invade the Solomon Islands, who just did a deal with China he didn't like.....and Trudeau....what can you say after his deplorable and illegal treatment of the trucking protest.

Damn them all.

The, for you obviously unpalatable fact, is that all the national leaders you named are qualified for the jobs they hold, along with Messrs Biden and Marcos mentioned in previous posts. This is because the countries they lead are democracies ( of various sorts)  and their leaders have all been elected! In a democracy that is the only qualification.