DWP Life Certificates return address

Does any member here have the address for returning DWP 'Life Certificates", my friend has been informed that he is required to complete one every 2 years, he has a copy of the form but doesn't have the full address and he nearly always gets his pension stopped until he can contact them by phone (considerable time and cost involved) and get it restarted.

Thanks in anticipation.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If your friend gets a proof of life form sent to his Thailand address it comes with a DWP(IPC) envelope with the address on it. 

So I have no idea why he asked you. 

He's like me, mail delivery is not what you could call good despite him having a Thai PO Box, the letter from DWP often arrives with insufficient time to return it before his pension is stopped, so he wants to pre-empt the problems by sending the cert early.

I sometimes have to wait 7 weeks for something posted in Thailand to arrive, my Company pension advice notes have not been received for years now, funny the P60's for this year have arrived already.

• Like 2

OP. I had a problem with my Pension which was stopped due to mail being returned from a previous address. Went on the Gov.UK site ( Contact the Pension Service)

Called them on +448007310469. ( Skype. Free )

Went though security and changed address. Total time 10 mins.

This was last Friday and was told a few days to reset Pension.

Not been paid as yet !

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Who informed your friend that he 'has to send one every 2 years?

DWP, but it does now appear they are like Thailand, different rules for different people.

This is of concern to me, along with submission of annual tax returns, as I am due to claim my pension in a matter of months.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

DWP, but it does now appear they are like Thailand, different rules for different people.

This is of concern to me, along with submission of annual tax returns, as I am due to claim my pension in a matter of months.

I somehow think that your friend has got at bit confused between 'must send' every 2 years and 'be required to' every 2 years (or so, as requested)

As I've already said, when DWP (or any pension provider) want a 'life certificate', they'll ask for it and it goes without saying that they'll tell him where to send it. It would be a pointless exercise if they didn't, would it not?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Maybe he's wondering if a life certificate may have been sent but not received, and concerned about his pension being suspended.

Happened 2 years ago, his pension was stopped, when he got them on the phone was told that he hadn't returned the life certificate, and it needs to be done every two years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Happened 2 years ago, his pension was stopped, when he got them on the phone was told that he hadn't returned the life certificate, and it needs to be done every two years.

That is not what they told me and twice my pension has been stopped, they said life forms are sent out randomly.

22 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Don't tell them you live outside the UK and you won't get 'life certificate' problems.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Life cert is random, probably computer issued, they even give you an addressed envelope to return it.

I did have one every year, for 3 years. I put my phone number on the form for their records, just in case a form has not been delivered, I have phoned them a couple of times to make sure no payment probs...????