Thailand Closely Monitoring Monkeypox Infections

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Why would lgbtq+ individuals be at higher risk 

One of the easiest ways of catching it is by direct contact with an infected person.  It is not sexually transmitted, but having sex with a person who is infected would be high risk for infection.  

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Authorities assured that no cases have been found in Thailand since screening measures for the virus began

Is this the same kind of screening thats done with the health checks for a work permit or drivers license.  Theyre so good at them they dont even have to see the patient.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He also instructed officials to ramp up anti-smuggling measures along border areas

How can they keep 'ramping up' anti smuggling measures when you would think they should be running at 100% already , considering the covid pandemic as well as their current attempt at getting a downgrade in human trafficking status with the US?

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

It is not sexually transmitted, but having sex with a person who is infected would be high risk for infection. 

Why does that make non-hetero partners more at risk than hetero? If they're all having equal amounts of sex.

5 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Have to admit, before the internal shutdown last year, but no tourists...it was GLORIOUS. Reminded me of early and mid-90s when my brother and I and, at very most, a handful of others were the only customers in Tilac or Pretty Lady or Rainbow 1. Sometimes we were the only customers. Far outnumbered by the pretty young things (and they all were back then), where as it's been the opposite for the past 2 decades. 10 dudes to every PYT. 

No skin off my nose if Thailand insists on shooting itself in the foot. Fact is...I prefer it. Open internally, but difficult for tourists to enter = Let the good times roll!!! ????

PLease can you pay compensation for all those who lost their jobs. Hotels, tour business, guides, drivers,  airlines, pilots cabin crews, restaurants, service sector etc etc.  My staff will love you forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, connda said:

Every common illness of the past will now be labelled a potential world killer that needs forced testing of the entire population of the Earth as well as mandatory jabs forever.

If you're not invested in Big Pharma it's not too late.  Buy the dip.

If it were the last investment in the world, I would not buy. I despise big Pharma. Would not help or assist or support them on any level. A man has to have some principals in this life. Plenty of other good investments out there, with companies that are not vampirical, and not sucking the blood of humanity. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, smedly said:

for gods sake - anything to keep this going 

MP is a completely different disease and does not need any special attention 

more wood 

From what I have recently read it is pretty much a nothing. Apparently the UK has had cases since 1970

9 hours ago, smedly said:

for gods sake - anything to keep this going 

MP is a completely different disease and does not need any special attention 

more wood 

Monkeypox has been around since the 70’s and once again the Globalist will use as a stick .. In Thailand it’s called another money spinner “;0)

7 hours ago, Nigeone said:

Well I have news for them. Been looking at flights etc for later in the year as it all seemed to be going in the right direction. Not coming with mandatory face mask and lots of places closed. This Monkeypox and the seemingly actions suggested mean thats me holding off again. Ohh I have absolutly no issues with justfied controls but these now are just taking the P***. Sorry Thailand not getting my money till you sort your act out. And I'm sure I'm not alone thinking this.

Aaawwww Thailand will miss you and your money.

• Sad 3

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So in essence one can test for it unless they have scabs or such at this point and requiring a test to be done to apply for the Thai pass, is ludicrous.

yes but you haven't ruled out the possibility of full nude body searches at immigration. 

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Because of the close contact, 

Please quantify the increased frequency of close contact between LGBTQ+ individuals and its correlation to that of other segments of the population.

3 hours ago, Scott said:

One of the easiest ways of catching it is by direct contact with an infected person.  It is not sexually transmitted, but having sex with a person who is infected would be high risk for infection.  

what makes you think that LGBTQ+ individuals experience a higher frequency of direct contact with other individuals as compared to other segments of the population?

3 hours ago, Scott said:

so Scott, let me see if I understand your reasoning.  You're saying that members of the LGBTQ+ community demonstrate a higher incidence of direct contact with other individuals, and....as you intimate they have a higher rate of sexual contact, LGBTQ+ people will experience a higher level of infection rates?  Is that what you're proclaiming?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Ministry also advised people traveling to Europe and Africa to use extreme caution, avoid crowded areas, wash their hands frequently, and always wear a face mask in public to prevent contracting the disease.

????? Are they aware of how this disease spreads?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

what makes you think that LGBTQ+ individuals experience a higher frequency of direct contact with other individuals as compared to other segments of the population?

Google monkey pox is more prevalent in

LGBTQ+ and you will find the answers there.

7 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Google monkey pox is more prevalent in

LGBTQ+ and you will find the answers there.

My question was not related to Monkeypox.  It was related to the incidence of close contacts.

But while were on the subject here's a quote you might be interested in:

"It's also important that this outbreak not cause stigma toward the LGBTQ community, according to the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS. It warned that some reporting and commentary on monkeypox has used language and imagery that reinforce stereotypes and exacerbate stigma.

"Experience shows that stigmatizing rhetoric can quickly disable evidence-based response by stoking cycles of fear, driving people away from health services, impeding efforts to identify cases, and encouraging ineffective, punitive measures. We appreciate the LGBTI community for having led the way on raising awareness -- and we reiterate that this disease can affect anyone," UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director Matthew Kavanagh said in a statement Monday.

The WHO also cautioned people not to use the disease as a way to negatively label any particular community.

"There's a lot of stigma and discrimination that surrounds many diseases, and I think the key thing we need to look out for is, as WHO, to work with our partners in communities and elsewhere to make sure that the messaging is correct. So while we are seeing some cases among men who have sex with men, this is not a gay disease," WHO adviser Andy Seale said Monday."

Edited by Tracyb