Thailand Closely Monitoring Monkeypox Infections

snoop1130

38 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

What is wrong with screening? Monkey pox is contagious. We don't want it here. 

Many people on here still think covid was a "damp squib" but in reality whatever it was, it has caused chaos in Thailand and the world over for more than two years.

I see no harm in the action that has been taken. To keep saying that THEY want to control us is ridiculous. That would be counter-productive. 

How do you screen for Monkeypox to apply for a Thai Pass online Sir.  What test is acceptable and how much will the new cost be....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Scott said:

Those in the LGBTQ+ maybe at a higher risk, but it is far from being limited to them.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/23/health/monkeypox-lgbtq/index.html

Yes that is what some like to believe but unfortunately facts do not support that as the majority are from the Gay and bi-sexual community.

Why is not yet known as it can be spread even by contaminated bed linen, sneezing etc so perhaps it should not be painted as another stigma for those type of people but facts are against them at the moment as can be read here;

https://www.tht.org.uk/news/monkeypox-uk

Not only is 'monkey pox' less transmissible it has a much slower rate of mutation because it is DNA based and not RNA. Quote '...no need for the public to panic at this time...' they will tell us when to panic I suppose, Ha! if it wasn't MP I'm sure they'd pick on some other disease. 

32 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How do you screen for Monkeypox to apply for a Thai Pass online Sir.  What test is acceptable and how much will the new cost be....

That is not my question to answer.

I fully understand the frustrations of others who have endured during Covid and then when that seems it is finalising, in comes a war that will affect us all in some way at some stage. Then, what do you know - along comes Monkey Pox to spoil another party! Covid was not of our making, The war was not of our making, Monkey pox was not of our making. Are we saying that Thailand should do nothing?

My comments above relate only to the negative responses to the OP. My reason for my comments and believing that screening, however that may be managed, has some merit is as follows:

Need I remind people that Monkey pox, as was Covid-19 was previously the preserve of animals and eventually mutated to affect humans.

Current information suggests this virus doesn't transmit easily and then only in certain groups of people. But as in Covid-19, it seems there are many aspects of the Monkey Pox virus yet to be learned (specially as it relates to humans) as can be actually verified, and because it IS able to transmit to other humans some mutation will happen and could cause serious problems down the line. I for one would rather deal with the screening than the disease. No, I am not gay - I am quite happy though!

I will not join the conspiracy club!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

That is not my question to answer.

I fully understand the frustrations of others who have endured during Covid and then when that seems it is finalising, in comes a war that will affect us all in some way at some stage. Then, what do you know - along comes Monkey Pox to spoil another party! Covid was not of our making, The war was not of our making, Monkey pox was not of our making. Are we saying that Thailand should do nothing?

My comments above relate only to the negative responses to the OP. My reason for my comments and believing that screening, however that may be managed, has some merit is as follows:

Need I remind people that Monkey pox, as was Covid-19 was previously the preserve of animals and eventually mutated to affect humans.

Current information suggests this virus doesn't transmit easily and then only in certain groups of people. But as in Covid-19, it seems there are many aspects of the Monkey Pox virus yet to be learned (specially as it relates to humans) as can be actually verified, and because it IS able to transmit to other humans some mutation will happen and could cause serious problems down the line. I for one would rather deal with the screening than the disease. No, I am not gay - I am quite happy though!

I will not join the conspiracy club!

But you have joined the club with this view of testing for something that is miniscule, and is being overblown unlike Covid.

• Like 1

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

But you have joined the club with this view of testing for something that is miniscule, and is being overblown unlike Covid.

I am not trying to be right. Not sure if it is necessary but screening does no harm and can be considered as precautionary.

I have written a valid and balanced assessment in what is a miniscule matter now. When there was only one case in Thailand of covid, at that time, not only was it miniscule in Thailand, that was the case everywhere!

Hindsight - never around when you need it!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I am not trying to be right. Not sure if it is necessary but screening does no harm and can be considered as precautionary.

I have written a valid and balanced assessment in what is a miniscule matter now. When there was only one case in Thailand of covid, at that time, not only was it miniscule in Thailand, that was the case everywhere!

Hindsight - never around when you need it!

It will do harm financially to the tourist industry although this article from U.K. Government suggest that you can only test when scabs appear so it would very unlikely you would travel if you have scabs, it’s not a respiratory disease like Covid.

Monkeypox is diagnosed by PCR test on a viral swab taken from one or more vesicles or ulcers, or from a dry scraping of the scab. Swabs should be sent in viral transport media. Scab scrapings should only be taken if there are no other lesions and should be sent in a standard universal container.2 days ago
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

It will do harm financially to the tourist industry although this article from U.K. Government suggest that you can only test when scabs appear so it would very unlikely you would travel if you have scabs, it’s not a respiratory disease like Covid.

Monkeypox is diagnosed by PCR test on a viral swab taken from one or more vesicles or ulcers, or from a dry scraping of the scab. Swabs should be sent in viral transport media. Scab scrapings should only be taken if there are no other lesions and should be sent in a standard universal container.2 days ago

So in essence one can test for it unless they have scabs or such at this point and requiring a test to be done to apply for the Thai pass, is ludicrous.  Only thing I see is needing a doctors note, which will cost you, that you were checked much like you must do when you apply for an O or OA visa outside of the country.....more time and effort put in for those wanting to travel....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dialemco said:

But it's NOT a gay std. First cases where reported there so yeah they fast will call its a gay one. 

Just sleeping next to someone who has it can infect you. 

RT-PCR fox pox is in the make at laboratory. Not exist yet

But if these monkeys entroduce that and also insurance and maybe agsin a 1 night quarantine 

Then goodbye Thai tourism for more than a year. 

And Thailand in economic crisis. People starving from hunger