The next U.S. abortion battle is over pills, and it's already begun

onthedarkside

On 5/28/2022 at 12:16 PM, Atlantis said:

Like I implied in my early posts above: not everyone who is against abortion does so on the basis of religious scripture. It's really sad how so many people think that the act itself is not innately problematic and becomes increasingly abhorrent along gestation.

And I am very much pro sex-before-marriage. It should be encouraged world-wide for various sensible reasons and I sincerely mean that. Feel free to show me the study you're mentioning when you get time.

With regards to Planned Parenthood, are you surprised that some people are not okay with tax payer money paying for something they regard as killing the unborn?

Planned Parenthood does a lot more than abortions, and government funding is not given for performing abortions.

3 minutes ago, placnx said:

The political motivation may relate to suppressing the poor, Blacks in particular. Tulsa, Oklahoma, is the place where a hundred years ago the most prosperous Black community in the country was wiped out, hundreds murdered, with no accountability of course.

Well, if Oklahoma wants less Black citizens, it's sure going about it in a funny way. But, insofar as unwanted pregnancies coming to term keeps low income women poor, you have a point. 

On 5/29/2022 at 12:53 PM, placeholder said:

And clearly, I didn't say that the article addressed that question. Which is why my comment is below the link. But the evidence, not the conclusions or thesis, provided by the article does support my contention. What reasonable counter explanation is there for the fact that legislators who claim to oppose abortion do not do everything in their power to keep them from occurring in the first place by making sure that women who don't want to get pregnant have the means not to?

Rowe vs Wade was a sensible resolution of the rights of a woman and of her fetus. My only hope is that the Republicans get creamed in November and rethink their subservience to reactionaries.