samut prakarn immigration experience - not even toilets available for people

8 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

As they sing:

A-G-Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-N-T

Find out what it means to me. 

Your sure about that? A mate was unable to find any agents that would serice SP. 

6 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

I lot of guys went that way. The retirement extension is way easier than the marriage extension nightmare.

Yep. I decided it was a quality of life issue, and bowing down to the surly demands of lowly, arrogant government officials was not how I wanted to spend my time. It was a good decision. 

One of the worst IOs in Thailand. Me and many others can attest to this.

Made me do my landlord docs over and over, even wanting to see his deed. Overcharging for copies. Young lady officers trying to make a name for themselves by pointing at old passport stamps and going "Ah hah, overstay!" Heh.

Many schools in this area, many unfortunate farangs taking the jobs. Doesn't matter how high level and prestigious it is, private, intl, they'll still send you to this office. Oh, look at you with your Singapore whatever academy badge and six figure baht salary, you're still dealing with the same BS I am. Haha.

Do not live or work in Samut Prakan. If you must, have the bucks to get an agent.

• Sad 1

Back on Non-O ME visas for now after our latest experience with an IO office upcountry. They were so disrespectful to us it made my Thai wife walk out and cry. We reported the incident to head division office and nothing came of it (of course). I may look to do retirement visa in a few years when I qualify. No elite visa ever. Wont line their pockets. Enjoying taking the short breaks from Thai anyway. Did 2 back to back annual extensions in Hua Hin and no problems or issues. The IO was very professional and friendly. Can’t say the same for Issan IO Punks..

12 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Do not live or work in Samut Prakan. If you must, have the bucks to get an agent.

I get the impression that SP don't support agents. This is based on a single experience that a friend went through so obviously not universal and I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows an agent that services that office.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:50 PM, TaoNow said:

Sanmut Prakan is a suburb of Bangkok. 

You might consider establishing a legitimate alternate address in Bangkok and do your extensions at Chaeng Wattana.

In 50 years of doing extensions (work, marriage, retirement) at Immo/Bkk I have never been asked or pressured for a bribe.

Also, the appointment system ensures that you will get a professional and polite Immo officer.

SP is NOT a "suburb of BKK", it is a separate, neighbouring province.

The BangPli office is not new either, as OP claims, it has been there about 18 months or more.

And while I agree it's a real PITA to get to compared to the old one on the Pak Nam waterfront, I have had no more problems once at the "new" one than I did before. Any immigration issues and visa applicatins are a nuisance in any country you care to name, but I take my wife, ensure the paperwork is tidy and get no hassles.

OP chose to call IO "cow", hand in wrong paperwork and - I suspect - hardly impressed with attitude. Thanks for making it easy for the rest of us. Not.

• Sad 1

On 5/9/2023 at 3:07 PM, Lemsta69 said:

I get the impression that SP don't support agents. This is based on a single experience that a friend went through so obviously not universal and I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows an agent that services that office.

Definitely they do not support bribes from agents, they don't always support their own rules either. One report on here last year said they refused his extension renewal with 800k in the bank for 2 months prior, insisting it was still 3 months. I was once made to give the IO a copy of every single PP page even the blank ones. Next year did them first and handed over a thick pile only to be told I was wasting their time as they had to ditch most of them. Last year it was fuss and confusion over the TM30 insisting you still needed to do one on re entry and was told the 2020 changes did not apply. At least they should be moving back to Paknam later this year when the new office is finished. It's still better than CW, i'd rather leave the country than have to go back there again. 

13 minutes ago, proton said:

Just income for their copy machine

Like all photocopying I do it at a local phot shop.

Immigration depts. of some other countries require all pages

I.e

"Please provide a copy of your entire passport:
 The passport copy must include clear copies of each page including all blank pages, Temporary Resident Visas, entry stamps, and/or any other immigration stamps. You must also include copies of Work Permits, Study Permits, and/or any other immigration documents"

Opposite of OP, and my immigration experiences have been at Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Hua Hin, for marriage, retirement, Thai national support visa extensions. 

But I do know ahead of time, what they want & show up with everything+ what they ask for.   After the first time, I even make a point to put them in the order I see them assemble. All copies/signed before handing over, with originals handy if asked for.

I find the legal paperwork part of staying in TH quite easy and inexpensive, though nothing to compare it to.  Have never been asked for a 'tip', during the visa extension process from any officer.  Pay with exact payment, which gives them small bank notes for those that don't.

It's TH, and I don't expect everyone to speak fluent American, as I certainly don't speak fluent Thai of even close to it.

I've enjoyed the ease of processing with all gov't offices;, land / auto transfers, DL by simply knowing what they want & providing it.

Did the OP seriously state:

"at the last counter, they asked, in THAI ONLY, for this residence paper... never heard of it"

Does explain a lot, and IOs have my sympathies.

Edited by KhunLA