Visa Extension for Retirement

Subject: Seasoning of 800K funds in my Thai bank.

Please explain WHEN seasoning is required for a NON O Visa.

1. If I enter Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa, I only need the 800K in my bank on the day I apply for the Non O (within Thailand)?

1a. The Non O is only good for 90 days? Then I have to return to IO for the extension to one year? At that point the 800K need to be seasoned two months prior?

1b. I Cannot get the NON O ONE YEAR off of a TV or Visa exempt entry? 

2. Enter Thailand with a new 90 day NON O…extension to One year Non O requires 800K seasoning?

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

1. If I enter Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa, I only need the 800K in my bank on the day I apply for the Non O (within Thailand)?

1a. The Non O is only good for 90 days? Then I have to return to IO for the extension to one year? At that point the 800K need to be seasoned two months prior?

1b. I Cannot get the NON O ONE YEAR off of a TV or Visa exempt entry? 

2. Enter Thailand with a new 90 day NON O…extension to One year Non O requires 800K seasoning?

1 and 1a is correct. 

1b. You have to have a non immigrant visa to apply for the one year extension.  That is why you have to apply for a non-o visa at immigration.

2. No financial proof is needed to enter the country with a re-entry permit keep to the remainder of your extension valid when you enter the country. You only have to prove having 800k baht in the bank when you apply for a new extension of stay.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sidgy said:

Is it possible to to get multi entry/reentry permit on the 90 day extension? I am looking to get non O retirement on this method but with work commitments i need to leave frequently TIA

If you have the funds an Elite retirement visa will allow you to leave as many times as needed and reenter seamlessly per year via Priority lane IO.each time, regardless of the level of you air ticketing i.e. Economy, Business, whatever.

You can apply for this form of retirement visa online from the UK direct via Elite with a pretty fast turn-around for approval, and with great assistance from Elite with any queries or issues you might encounter during the process. (They do the whole thing for you all you do is supply doc's and funds).

They'll also meet you at the plane door when you arrive to begin your retirement and guide you through the IO post and speak on your behalf (if any questions are asked of you) and check that all passport stamps etc are perfectly correct.

90 Day reporting through them too which makes I.O. contact a breeze.

Edited by Tropposurfer
  • Like 1

Ubon,

To clarify question 2:

One of my options (While in the USA) is to obtain a new Non O (albeit expensive w insurance requirement) as my current Non O will expire while away in the USA.

So to be clear, after I return with the NEW 90 day Non O…there is no requirement for seasoned (two month) 800k to do the first extension? Only 800k the day of application?

And once again on the 90 day Non O that I come in with, I must apply for the one year extension how far in advance?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BB (in Bangkok) will require a residence certificate. In Bangkok that requires you to have made a 90 day report (not possible)

Who says? 

Please show me that requirement in writting from a BKK web site!

If any BKK branch say that just ask for the manager and show them their own web page requirements.

Stop being a killjoy regarding opening bank accounts!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My suggestion of using an agent is specifically directed at situation where someone has entered visa exempt or TV and is looking to obtain a non-O asap. 

The visa you enter on has no bearing on the opening of an account with BKK!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

One of my options (While in the USA) is to obtain a new Non O (albeit expensive w insurance requirement) as my current Non O will expire while away in the USA.

I assume you have a extension of stay issued by immigration not a valid non-o visa.

If you your extension expires while you are out the country getting a non-o visa at the embassy or one of the 3 official consulates would be a good option.

51 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

So to be clear, after I return with the NEW 90 day Non O…there is no requirement for seasoned (two month) 800k to do the first extension? Only 800k the day of application?

And once again on the 90 day Non O that I come in with, I must apply for the one year extension how far in advance?

I was writing about entering with a re-entry permit not a new non-o visa.

If you enter with a non-o visa you would need to have the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the one year extension of stay.

At most immigration office you can apply up to 30 days early or 45 days. There is no minimum number of days to do the extension other that the day your permit to stay ends.

1 hour ago, DezLez said:

Who says? 

Please show me that requirement in writting from a BKK web site!

If any BKK branch say that just ask for the manager and show them their own web page requirements.

Stop being a killjoy regarding opening bank accounts!

I'm not relating second hand info.

I went to Bangkok Bank about 2+ years ago to open a bank account.

I have lived in Thailand at that time for several years. 

I had a non O retirement and subsequent extensions and a reentry permit. Also account with another bank.

I attended Bangkok Bank largish branch Sukhumvit Rd Asoke.

Spoke with the manager.

He wanted a residence certificate or statement from my embassy.

He also wanted some sort of statement from my Australian Bank.

I had lease agreement. Note same condo for 10 years. No good.

I also had a large sum of cash that I mentioned....no good.

Years prior to that I tried to  open my first account and was a nightmare. 

Yes I tried taking Thai friend. 

Had the school teachers uniform on and long time bank account with that branch. No success.

2 hours ago, DezLez said:

Worked for me and my friends!

Outline exactly what you provided to open bank account in Bangkok.

Specifically when you obtained the account being with visa exempt or tourist visa.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

If you have the funds an Elite retirement visa will allow you to leave as many times as needed and reenter seamlessly per year

Unfortunately i dont have 'that' amount of funds haha