Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 85,000 baht allegedly stolen by two women in South Pattaya, seventh such incident in a row

webfact

1 hour ago, Letseng said:

You hardly ever read that other nationalities get necklaces stolen. Whenever I read about it, it is an Indian tourist.

Nope, only a large number of Indians that are at that level of...........ta..da...da...da...da (If we can believe the news)

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

You hardly ever read that other nationalities get necklaces stolen. Whenever I read about it, it is an Indian tourist.

Only recently.  1970’s, Americans.   Some Brits, French, yes!    Sometimes you want to believe something and only remember recent events.  Remember 2015? 1999? 2011? 2004?  OMG

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A 28-year-old Indian tourist stated that he had his gold necklace worth 85,000 baht allegedly stolen by two women in South Pattaya, marking the seventh similar incident in the Pattaya area over a few weeks.

????

34 minutes ago, Crusader said:

Who in their right mind would be walking around at night with such a piece of gold on clear display?

Looks like he was only wearing a vest too...(asking for trouble?)

Staying cool....

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Somebody needs to explain to the Indians how to properly wear a face mask.

Have you ever had a discussion with a heavily accented Indian in English? Factor in that they will both be using a second language. The policeman probably asked him to pull down his mask in order to hear what he was saying.

I sometimes have difficulty understanding what someone is saying when they're wearing a mask. (especially when they are a pretty bank teller)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes and they also likely fear leaving it behind in their hotel... room safes don't have a good reputation. There has been a lot of mention of likely insurance scams though, and I would hope the police try to get video recordings of him on his way out of his hotel, bedecked in his finery. Just to be sure....

You want them to investigate?!

Just now, animalmagic said:

You want them to investigate?!

They sometimes do, when pressure has built up, I think we are getting there. I recall about a year or two ago, we had quite a lot of these necklace snatches, and up pops a case of  some Indians being charged for submitting false theft reports and insurance claims. 

• Like 2

Why would anyone inn their right minds were an expensive piece of jewellery knowing all too well that this may attract unwanted and sometimes dangerous attention and consequences?

Show-off, idiots, dufus or those who are planing to scam an insurance company...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Why would anyone inn their right minds were an expensive piece of jewellery knowing all too well that this may attract unwanted and sometimes dangerous attention and consequences?

Show-off, idiots, dufus or those who are planing to scam an insurance company...

Why drive a nice car.  Nice house.  Nice shirt.  Nice shoes.  Expensive restaurant….all signs they have money.  Nice phone, computer….why??.??

I jump in a pile of mud before I go out!    

• Haha 1