Indian tourist’s gold necklace worth 85,000 baht allegedly stolen by two women in South Pattaya, seventh such incident in a row

webfact

Thai's love to follow.......how many times do u see a shop  doing good business only for another shop selling the same stuff opens close by, like 7/11... Phone shops....Beauty salons  thousands of them,

Lady boys steal Gold, so  a lot more  will be trying it .... easy pickings .... same as above..

• Like 2

I think, the cops could quite easily find out whether the reports were truthful, if they went to a few gold shops (how many are there in Pattaya; 3 dozen, more?), flashing the pic (or a good copy of the pic) of the jewellery. (Presuming that the thieves would rather sell than keep them.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much

35 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Why drive a nice car.  Nice house.  Nice shirt.  Nice shoes.  Expensive restaurant….all signs they have money.  Nice phone, computer….why??.??

Well, not many, when walking around at night, will get the idea to snatch your nice shirt or shoes. And even if, the resale value, esp. for the shoes, wouldn't be great.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 hours ago, Letseng said:

You hardly ever read that other nationalities get necklaces stolen. Whenever I read about it, it is an Indian tourist.

yeah very strange.....but perhaps other farangs have BRAINS and do not advertise gold necklaces/chains about their person !!!!

7 hours ago, Letseng said:

You hardly ever read that other nationalities get necklaces stolen. Whenever I read about it, it is an Indian tourist.

You are correct, which makes me wonder why is it only Indian tourists?

• Like 1

Anyone with common sense does not walk around Pattaya at night wearing gold, or a fancy watch. Thailand has been hard hit by the excessive shutdowns, and there is alot of desperation now. Behavior that encourages crimes of convenience should be avoided. 

Try to control the personal desperation that compels the pathological need to impress strangers, by locking up valuable jewelry.

8 hours ago, Letseng said:

Adam Judd from The Pattaya News was on Bryan Flower's YT channel last night talking about this topic. He said that CCTV footage did not contradict accounts given by the Indian victims of such crimes.

He also said that Indians were unique in that they are the only nationality who actually ask the media to cover their stories. They have no problem having their names and photos broadcast accross the media.

Western tourists, on the other hand, do not want any media coverage out of shame, embarrassment or fear of employers, friends and relatives finding out where they are and the company they are keeping. Many do not even report crimes of this nature to the police for these reasons.

• Like 1

To be fair, I have seen a couple of katoey, riding around on a motorbike, attempting to rob tourists. The 'western' tourist on whom they tried their 'advances', checked his pockets soon afterwards and then carried on walking as normal.

So it's possible that this happened. Though whilst their peers are offering girls on the beach 400 baht for 'long time', the valuations of the neck chains may be subject to further scrutiny.  

1 hour ago, rbkk said:
5 hours ago, blazes said:

At the end of the day, who (if he's a man and not a birthing person) would spend 85,000 baht on a sodding necklace?

Lewis Hamilton?

I've heard the name. Are they a birthing person?

21 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Wonder, whether they walk around Calcutta at night with with gold necklaces too...

I wonder about that... have not been there but I did wander in a few Indian places and it seemed very safe. Although  sometimes you end up in a crowd like the Pied Piper.