Indian tourist says he was physically assaulted by a group of security guards at a Walking Street disco in Pattaya

webfact

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

That's where this guys 'innocence' falls apart for me. Basically went back looking for a fight, rather than go to the police first. 

Going back with a possey of mates could of gone side ways really quick with his mates being assaulted by not just the clubs security but other guards from other bars joining in.  Sounds to me the club manager/owner de escalated the situation.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Security guards don't just beat up people for no reason. If soi 16 is Soi diamond he shouldn't have been driving down there and I bet at speed 

No it isn't soi Diamond.....meets Walking Street at the RAAs Club /Rama Indian Disco and runs to Marine Plaza Hotel on 2nd. 

• Like 1

And it was just announced today that Indians are the target tourists now.....with multiple gold chain "thefts" and now assault, maybe things will change to the next tourist target nationality:))

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I am no pacifist and I don't have an issue with Indian or any other nationality.

But in my experience with Thailand and especially Thai males and especially groups of Thai males it is a good idea to be nice to them. I.e. honking the horn and shouting at them to get the $#$@ out of the way is not a good start.

Just imagine you are in the jungle and meet a big gorilla, and imagine you could speak gorilla language, would you tell him to f#%# off? Probably not. Use the same logic in Thailand and all will be fine.

1200px-Gorille_des_plaines_de_l'ouest_%C

That is one handsome Gorilla. 

I agree with everything you said. I seen it many times walking street over the years. Tourists getting in to it with the door staff on bars. 

It always escalates out of control.  Not digging out any nationality in particular. You on bloody holiday get your "girlfriend " and go back to your hotel and party the tourist police are there speak to them if you got a complaint. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am no pacifist and I don't have an issue with Indian or any other nationality.

But in my experience with Thailand and especially Thai males and especially groups of Thai males it is a good idea to be nice to them. I.e. honking the horn and shouting at them to get the $#$@ out of the way is not a good start.

So if I were to run my vehicle into a group of men standing in the street at 3:30 in the morning, what nationality of men would be most likely to ignore my verbal abuse? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Just another Indian in Thailand, with a problem. He forgot to add that he lost his 24 kg gold chain at the same time.

You mean 24 carat ????

Imagine 24kg around your neck.

The ladies of the night would queue around the corner.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Security guards don't just beat up people for no reason. If soi 16 is Soi diamond he shouldn't have been driving down there and I bet at speed 

no...soi 16 also known as soi arab.

3.30 ..rental car...cruisin for a bruisin ...sorry i meant ladyboy...he was lucky his fake gold necklace worth 100k wasn't lost in the melee 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the tourist, he almost collided his vehicle with a group of security guards standing in front of a disco on Soi 16, whose name was also withheld pending an active investigation. It was unclear, according to Pattaya police, on who was at fault for this initial minor traffic issue.

03:30????

Thought it was all closed and quiet at that time?

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Possibly one has a reason.. all his mates who usually join in don't.

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

No it isn't soi Diamond.....meets Walking Street at the RAAs Club /Rama Indian Disco and runs to Marine Plaza Hotel on 2nd. 

Isn't that in "Little India" that used to be "Little Arabia"'?

A bunch of Thai goons, emboldened by their numbers, and along comes a mouthy foreigner.  Most of us have seen these guys in action so we know better. 

Cruising the streets at 3:30am?  hmmmm.....

The rental vehicle could have been a bike.

The tourist said at this point he gathered a large group of friends to return to the disco to speak with the manager or owner but was refused by security to speak to anyone.

Would that be the same security goons who just kicked his _ss?  A large group of friends gathered up at 4am?  The rumble with the bunch of Indians would have been a sight, lets see how fast they run!

• Like 1