visitor visa to Australia

A Thai lady friend needs to to very quickly to Melbourne to be with her ailing long time companion, the lady is of a mature age own a property worth millions and has a steady job but it seems that this is no enough for those who grant travel visa to Oz, anyone knows a better and quicker way to get that visa going ASAP? you can PM me as well.. Thank you..

Edited by ezzra

I had a quick look and a tourist visa sub class 600 may work.

I entered a Thai national travelling from Thailand in to www.visafirst.com and indicated that it is possible.

Obviously an agent and you can apply via the Oz Govt. site but worth a look.

I recently entered Oz on a different visa so am up to speed on entry requirements other than visa.

Good luck

• Like 1

OP, how do you know the visa will be refused ? Has the friend applied and been refused ?

If so, the refusal letter will list the reason (flight risk, no relationship, no funds etc), address the reason and re-apply.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

I had a quick look and a tourist visa sub class 600 may work.

I entered a Thai national travelling from Thailand in to www.visafirst.com and indicated that it is possible.

Obviously an agent and you can apply via the Oz Govt. site but worth a look.

I recently entered Oz on a different visa so am up to speed on entry requirements other than visa.

Good luck

Hi do you mind giving me the latest info on entry requirements? I started a new thread this morning asking for current info, and as you say you're "up to speed" I'd greatly appreciate some details from you. Thanks in advance.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1261233-whats-the-current-situation-with-thais-visiting-australia-for-3-month-holidays/

9 minutes ago, grain said:

Hi do you mind giving me the latest info on entry requirements? I started a new thread this morning asking for current info, and as you say you're "up to speed" I'd greatly appreciate some details from you. Thanks in advance.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1261233-whats-the-current-situation-with-thais-visiting-australia-for-3-month-holidays/

Making the brave assumption that non visa requirements are the same for all (I am a Brit)

There are no quarantine or pcr requirements if you are fully jabbed. You need to complete an on line Digital Passenger Declaration, similar to Thai Pass.

I flew CNX SIN BNE. Documents checked thoroughly at Chiang Mai but not again. Hard copies of everything helped. Overall not difficult.

If you are an Aussie you still need a DPD and check WA for local requirements as they may as well be a separate country.

• Like 1

SIL applied 4 months a go and still waiting.

Just thinking outside the box,does she have any contacts where she could get an Apec card quickly here in Thailand.

Edited by farmerjo

30 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Making the brave assumption that non visa requirements are the same for all (I am a Brit)

There are no quarantine or pcr requirements if you are fully jabbed. You need to complete an on line Digital Passenger Declaration, similar to Thai Pass.

I flew CNX SIN BNE. Documents checked thoroughly at Chiang Mai but not again. Hard copies of everything helped. Overall not difficult.

If you are an Aussie you still need a DPD and check WA for local requirements as they may as well be a separate country.

I'm Aussie PP, Thai partner still holds a valid visitor visa (valid up to Nov this year), were both triple vaxed and have the Mor Phrom apps on our phones as well as printed out copies of our vax histories. So really all we need do are the DPDs.   Good tip about WA, I'll check that as there may be some specific rule.

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

OP, how do you know the visa will be refused ? Has the friend applied and been refused ?

If so, the refusal letter will list the reason (flight risk, no relationship, no funds etc), address the reason and re-apply.

The visa might not refused but it will take ages and bunch of money, never mind the money but time is of the essence here...

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

The visa might not refused but it will take ages and bunch of money, never mind the money but time is of the essence here...

I'm pretty sure you can't fast track a visitor visa.

Depending on the circumstances, a letter from a doctor detailing the health of her partner would'nt

hurt.

A few more details like his health condition, has she been to Australia before and how long she wants to stay would be helpful.

If financially well to do, positive travel history and have strong ties to Thailand, the chance of a refusal is low.

I have a friend in Cambodia working for Aeon with a salary of under 1k USD. He applied and to my and everyone's surprise was granted a visa. That was back in 2019. Then he applied for a Schengen visa to visit Paris and got it too. Strangely another friend was refused. He owns a phone shop and is far more affluent than the Aeon guy.