Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thailand Aims to Welcome 500,000 Indian Tourists This Year

webfact

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I caught up with my mate & his wife (both British by birth of Indian Heritage) on my last UK trip & the wife was saying how bad she felt because they could only have 150 guests at their youngest sons wedding, there were >400 guests at the elder son’s wedding pre-Covid. 

It was eye watering how much he spent on them, Indian Weddings really are big business if you can get them.

Are they arranged marriages or were they free to choose their partners? 

13 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Trouble is the better class decent Indians dont come here for their holidays, we tend to get the bottom of the barrel ones.

and i assume to been busy auditing the quality of indians coming in at the airport? lol! i tink the trouble is that you are hanging out at the bottom quality areas. 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What castes are allowed to travel to Thailand?

Are the lower castes and untouchables allowed or it is reserved for the higher castes only? 

Some of the lower castes seem very unlikely to be able to drum up the airfare,

8 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

What castes are allowed to travel to Thailand?

Are the lower castes and untouchables allowed or it is reserved for the higher castes only? 

i think it depends on individuals to how much money they have and not castes. what a silly question. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities are anticipating that the number of Indian tourists to Thailand will reach 500,000 by the end of 2022, after surpassing 100,000 since January.

They will exchange the Thailand pass for a police robbery report upon arrival.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. I for one love most Indian people. I lived and worked there and have traveled all over India. 

Although there are alot of rich Indians, Thailand does not see many of them. Same with most nationalities. Some on here claim the Chinese are big spenders. And they are elsewhere. But, Thailand attracts very few Chinese with real money. There are a dozen good reasons for that. No need to repeat them.

The goons in charge here do not seem to have a clue, as they think they can turn Bangkok into Monte Carlo. The rest of the world just laughs off their extreme ignorance. 

Thank you for a non biased änd smart opinion. I however feel that Thailand is a top destination for Bollywood movie making and destination weddings. The economy here does see quite a  huge influx of money from India. Even if low spenders come here in volume, they can generate a good revenue for Thailand overall. Can some people here tell me if the white people who hang out at Bangla Road or Pattaya bars are high spenders? 

the really well to do Indians do visit Thailand as they visit, France, Switzerland, Austria, Holland, U.A.E, England etc etc. They do not drink 1 beer with 5 other people.   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Are they arranged marriages or were they free to choose their partners? 

My mate was introduced to his wife by the families but free to decide whether to marry her or not (she’s lovely & a fabulous cook so he did very well for himself).

His 2 sons met their spouses at Uni so no influence from the families.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I caught up with my mate & his wife (both British by birth of Indian Heritage) on my last UK trip & the wife was saying how bad she felt because they could only have 150 guests at their youngest sons wedding, there were >400 guests at the elder son’s wedding pre-Covid. 

It was eye watering how much he spent on them, Indian Weddings really are big business if you can get them.

Yes indeed. They rent party  villas near me sometimes in Pattaya  and Jomtien. Many commentators  on this forum  who hang out at the cheap bars and clubs see Indians at the same places- they see Indian economy travellers but I dont think  they know any Indians especially  the wealthy  Indians  who don't  hang out  at cheap farang bars.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

My mate was introduced to his wife by the families but free to decide whether to marry her or not (she’s lovely & a fabulous cook so he did very well for himself).

His 2 sons met their spouses at Uni so no influence from the families.. 

That's another thing about arranged marriages etc. 

There is getting alot less pressure to mary young as the generations go.

My mates kids go University and afterwards get various jobs and share flats or houses with their friends,

Never heard of before especially their grandparents generation. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

At least 500,000 international tourists are anticipated each month, a significant rise from the authority’s initial forecast of 300,000 and a sign of increased optimism for the sector’s revival.

Thanakorn added that Thailand now plans to welcome 7-10 million international tourists and produce 1.5 trillion baht in revenue from the industry by the end of 2022

TAT muppet spokespeople just don't have a clue about basic maths. There are only 7 months remaining in 2022 so Thanakorn would need 1M tourists a month to meet his fantasy projection of 7 million tourists. Previous paragraph he projects 500K tourists monthly so that would only give him 3.5 Million by year end...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

They seem to be the only ones who are coming now. Not many other tourists around. The programs have all failed. I said it a while back. You don't just announce you are open, and people pour in here, like the arrogant goons thought would happen, as Thailand is the center of the known universe, right? 

Also, no sacrifices or improvements have been made. The Indians are used to a ramshackle look, so this will not bother them. And then there is the geographic convenience factor. 

1200x800.jpg

20200915_185824.jpg

20210518_201733.jpg

20211013_133204.jpg

20220529_120924.jpg

Pattaya  has been busy Soi Buakhao,  LKM etc absolutely  rammed! But I think things are quieting  down now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

I clicked on this thread to red th racist comments - I wasn't disappointed.

the bar girls are thrilled of the news about the indian arrivals.....

is it racist to point out facts?...as this would apply to cheap charlies too....Charlie Lives Matter..

• Haha 2