Pattaya traffic

Guderian

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes it's terrible, Pratumnak to central via 2nd road is bad with road works, Sukhumvit is terrible to and from Sattahip. Walking st one lane only plus for good measures I see the tour buses have come back to Pratumnak

Well nightlife is going to be back to normal now, and tourists are coming back (even China has removed the Shanghai restrictions). All them roadworks are still going to take a good time more, and we move towards the rainy season. 

We will all be staying home more again cos we can't get out!

Yes, it seems worse to me, as well.  The road works are taking far too long.  Often when we drive by a construction area there are only a few workers on site--it looks like it's all being done as cheaply and as slowly as possible with the bare minimum number of workers.  Sometimes when we go by an area being worked on it will look the same as a month ago with no progress whatsoever.   It's nice the mayor was out taking a look the other day and got a large dangerous open hole covered--but instead of covering up the problem how about getting the work finished quickly instead.  A hard look needs to be taken with some of the congested major roads and parking eliminated on those that now need an extra lane to handle all the increased traffic.

• Like 1

Much worse even over the East  (Dark)  side, they've dug  many holes, and  trenches and walked away,  nobody working  on any project for at least 6 weeks.

Most of the money is being spent  on  the beaches, seems to be plenty of action there

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, more traffic and it is Bangkok and Chonburi plates.

The Thais are taking back their beaches and islands after being controlled by foreigners for years before Covid.  Good for them, I hope it continues or maybe they know this is their last opportunity before the hoards of foreigners start returning.

Being " controlled by  foreigners"?? What is that supposed to mean ?? What happened to Bang Saen beach for thais ??. I guess you must live in Bangkok to welcome all this Thai  traffic the residents here have to put up with. And especially the beach side parking that has ruined the atmosphere. It doesn't seem to bother the Indians but the city

has  about lost the European crowd.  And I wouldn't be surprised if that was by design.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, actonion said:

Much worse even over the East  (Dark)  side, they've dug  many holes, and  trenches and walked away,  nobody working  on any project for at least 6 weeks.

Most of the money is being spent  on  the beaches, seems to be plenty of action there

Unbelievable some of the places they're digging up now. The back road from Patanakan up to the top of Kao Talo (I use it to get to Siamburi's) is now being torn up so you either have to drive much further along to the next junction on Patanakan and then wend your way up to the top (watch that right-angle bend halfway up, it's a doozy!) or else put up with the traffic on Soi Kao Talo. Yet it was only a year or 18 months ago that they were tearing up the road surface on the top of the hill just past Saimburi's, by the Birdcage. I suppose there's a plan but it all looks quite random to me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

True but if they weren't backward in so many ways Thailand would be like Hong Kong or Singapore and we wouldn't be here. Let's celebrate their backwardness 

I'm old enough to have served in both HK and Singers when they just oozed the Orient. I reckon you're correct about Thai "backwardness", long may it last.

It is getting close but not complete some location are due to the road work but many of the bottle necks are self inflicted due to lack of consideration and patiences. 

I take my granddaughter to pre-school it is 10 minutes away but it takes me a hour there and back.  

There are days I feel being a serial killer while sitting in traffic one quick yank on the wheel I could take out a dozen bikes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well nightlife is going to be back to normal now, and tourists are coming back (even China has removed the Shanghai restrictions). All them roadworks are still going to take a good time more, and we move towards the rainy season. 

We will all be staying home more again cos we can't get out!

I'm in Pattaya, and I'm out. 

Nothing against road works and building construction. 

So it takes 15 minutes instead of 5 to get from Nakula/Sukhumvit to Pattaya Tai/Sukhumvit?  Boo Hoo...555.  Try living in BKK where it takes hours to get from one side to the other.

It's  worse all over the country.I came back about nine weeks ago and it was quieter then than now.I used to get a quiet [ish] Sunday morning Motorcycle ride in.Good luck with that now.

Edited by findlay13

3 hours ago, jesimps said:

I went for a meal in the Beer Garden a few days back and Pattaya center was chocker with tour buses packed with Indians. Didn't see any Chinese or Russians.

"Didn't see any Chinese or Russians."
Thank God for small mercies!

8 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Yes, more traffic and it is Bangkok and Chonburi plates.

The Thais are taking back their beaches and islands after being controlled by foreigners for years before Covid.  Good for them, I hope it continues or maybe they know this is their last opportunity before the hoards of foreigners start returning.

The plates do not necessarily give you an indication where they are coming from, exept maybe when they are from far away. We have always lived in Pattaya and have a Bangkok plate. When we bought the car this was recommended to us "to reduce the frequency" of controls and is obviously no problem at all.

There is definitely an influx of domestic tourists, has been that way on weekends even since quite some time. No armada of big tour buses as far as I can see and when we pass beach road by car - limited number of tourists spotted. Some small groups of Indians walking carelessly on the streets as they do probably back home, too. For the "real" tourist places we cannot tell for we dont visit there especially in the night - then we stay home or visit selected restaurants most of the time.

Still a VERY long way to go to reach pre-Covid levels

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Guderian said:

Yes, Thepprasit is a good example of this. They split the job into a number of sections and started them one at a time, starting in the west near Thappraya and heading east towards Suk, but even though the work has been completed in some areas and the road resurfaced they seem to leave bollards and equipment and other stuff lying around so that the road remains half-blocked. Why on earth don;t they finish one section at a time to minimise the hold-ups and inconvenience?

it's the same around here nothing ever gets finished, start a bit but never finish. The whole of Sukhumvit road from Sattahip northwards is absolute chaos.