Boris Johnson booed at Queen’s Jubilee as No 10 ‘plots charm offensive to win over MPs’

onthedarkside

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

This could be good for country, but devastating for the Labour Party......he needs to stay in office and slowly drag the Tories into (sorry, further into) the gutter.

How’s it bad for the Labour Party?

This is bad news for the Tories whichever way the vote goes.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How’s it bad for the Labour Party?

This is bad news for the Tories whichever way the vote goes.

Hard to imagine I agree.......but if they suddenly install someone who is competent and they manage to turn things around over the next couple (?) of years they might find themselves winning a majority again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This could be good for country, but devastating for the Labour Party......he needs to stay in office and slowly drag the Tories into (sorry, further into) the gutter.

The Labour Party is fully capable of devastating itself.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, baboon said:

But who have they got? You can forget any of the imbeciles in the current cabinet. And remember Johnson purged the party of everyone who wasn't a swivel-eyed loon / out and out moron / thought Genghis Khan was a little too left wing...

555....True.

....bearing in mind it is very limited choice and one I would not want to have to make.....I think they need a squeaky clean, steadyhand, a respected figure (as far as any Tory can be respected).........now I'm stuck.......personally I would love to see Rees-Mogg* as PM, not good for the country, but very entertaining when viewed from afar.

* A person who basically does nothing, is responsible for nothing and is never in the frame for anything...........yet swan's about about like God's gift to humanity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

If you bothered to get facts, I mean real facts you’d find that you’re wrong on almost everything you’ve just said. You really ought to question your very questionable sources.

My sources are "living in the U.K".

What are your sources ?

2 minutes ago, Excel said:

Well the criminal and compulsive liar Boris faces a vote tonight as 54 or more, conservative MP's, tha'ts 15% of the Tory MP's consider to have such a wretched leader is bringing the party into disrepute for harbouring such a person in that position. Now the issue is, if he survives, the no confidence vote, he is alive and kicking for another 12 months of his sorry antics as under party rules there can only be 1 such vote every 12 moths. So then, with only one year to go after that before the next election, the Tories will be well and truly the 3rd choice party of the nation.

But then perhaps that is what is required, a complete change in the political arena as let's face it, Labour seems a spent force after the destruction during the Corbyn era, the Liberals, well they had their heyday 100 years ago and can never be taken seriously and of course the Tories, ruled by a criminal and the chancellor of the same ilk and if it were not for the media, still being complicit no doubt for his wealthy wife to avoid most UK taxes. In other words an absolute corrupt party and together with the like of Rees-Mogg, moving his assets to safer havens immediately prior to the  Brexit vote announcement, a coincidence or inside information ? Basically this band of tories have brought shame onto the British political system that in my view will never ever be restored without significant change to the political system as it exists now. 

Clicked 'like' based on the first sentence.......need to go back and read properly.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

The real public have told their Tory MPs they’ve had enough of the lying and corruption. Tories being what they are, thinking of their own political skins are turning on him, hence the announcement of the confidence vote. You probably don’t hear much real honest news down that rabbit hole of yours though.. Personally I hope he wins the vote, leave him where he so we can witness a massacre at the next GE.

it's a secret vote so they say, he will not know who kicked him out

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

The truth hurts

Just gets repetitive .

How many times have you had a discussion where you are trying to convince others that Boris is a liar and they are making the point that he isn't ?

Always starts off the same and follows the same Patten 

"Oh no he isnt" 

"Oh yes he is"

TBH , I do think that I spend too much time on forums and I need to find something else to do 

Edited by Mac Mickmanus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Just gets repetitive .

How many times have you had a discussion where you are trying to convince others that Boris is a liar and they are making the point that he isn't ?

Always starts off the same and follows the same Patten 

"Oh no he isnt" 

"Oh yes he is"

TBH , I do think that I spend too much time on forums and I need to find something else to do 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/every-job-bumbling-boris-johnsons-25925658?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

I have to agree....why don't people just accept the facts.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baboon said:

We would be hustle as big a laughing stock if they installed him.

Remember his remarks on Grenfell where people had burned to death?

Where is the post Brexit 'cheap food and shoes for peasants' he promised.

Remember him sprawled on the bench in the Commons? He is as toxic as Johnson, just differently so.

The very reasons I would love to see him, for my only personal amusement, become PM.

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2022 at 7:27 PM, onthedarkside said:

BBC presenter Jane Hill noted that there was a “substantial amount” of booing as Mr Johnson entered the cathedral. The PM was also heckled as he left the service – with one person heard shouting “f*** off Boris”.

(more)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-booed-queen-jubilee-tories-b2093564.html

Rather interesting about the booing .

One of the guys who was booing was interviewed and it was a French citizen who booed Boris because the U.K left the E.U and he wanted to live in the U.K , and so he went and booed Boris

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

One of the guys who was booing was interviewed and it was a French citizen who booed Boris because the U.K left the E.U and he wanted to live in the U.K , and so he went and booed Boris

any supporting data to back up

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Fair play to him....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/new-video-reveals-boris-johnson-27144005?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

French guy must have hung around to have another go....5555

15 minutes ago, baboon said:

Where is the post Brexit 'cheap food and shoes for peasants' he promised?

Although he didn't say that .

Calling other people liars and then making up false quotes yourself .

Calling Boris a liar because he misquoted someone.............................and then you go and misquote someone yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Some people were booing and some people where cheering .

Left wing anti Boris newspapers posts an article on the people booing , (Which left wingers do all the time  , they boo and attack everything they don't agree with ) and its just a few disrespectful people booing , you must be disappointed that no missiles were thrown at him or paint or tomatoes or something , that would have made the left laugh