Boris Johnson booed at Queen’s Jubilee as No 10 ‘plots charm offensive to win over MPs’

onthedarkside

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Back to the old "Adding non voters to the party I favour in order to get a victory" trick 

Losers + non voters , added together = winners

Boris had 128 MPs vote for him. Got it. The majority of Tories did not.

As I said in another post another 2 years of Boris's lies and scandals will hopefully ensure that the British system changes. First past the post disenfranchises millions of voters so must change.

Yes we know it was a Liberal idea because they will never get anywhere in government but the other side of the coin is that there are currently some minority groups that whilst overall they gain a significant share of the electorate the current 1st past the post system ensures that they are ignored.

When any party bleats on about bringing the country together it is lip service because by disenfranchising so many millions it is not bringing the country together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Only 59% voted for him out of 217 who actually voted. The remainder 143 abstained.

I think you have the numbers wrong.  I haven't seen anywhere near that number of abstentions published.  Press reports say In all, 211 Tory MPs voted they had confidence in the PM's leadership while 148 voted against him.

Having said that the bloke is a P***k and should resign!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Excel said:

I am learning, so Boris lost the vote yesterday ?

Thank you for teaching me about Maths , Now I will contact the BBC and the British media to let them know that Boris lost the vote yesterday and that he needs to resign immediately 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thank you for teaching me about Maths , Now I will contact the BBC and the British media to let them know that Boris lost the vote yesterday and that he needs to resign immediately 

What is the subsequent history of PMs who have had to endure votes of confidence? Let me give you a hint: others who fared better in the vote totals, did not enjoy a long tenure afterwards.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Only 59% voted for him out of 217 who actually voted. The remainder 143 abstained.

A good point and there appear to be some conflicting figures. However it was a supposedly anonymous vote so other than one person, the world will never know who voted for or against him. Interesting that in the past that the only person holding the information as to whom ask for his resignation, Sir Graham Brady, is purported to be a Boris supporter. Corruption in the UK government ? never ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No, if he lost the announced vote it would trigger a leadership election, not his automatic resignation, as only an honourable person would resign knowing that they had lost the support of the party as Teresa May did 6 months after the leadership vote .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Excel said:

2 hours ago, Excel said:

Seems like you were wrong, there were no abstains and they all voted .

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Winning by 59 % is indeed a convincing  and decisive victory  .

Do you think that he should had told "the truth" and stated that he lost ?

41% of HIS party have no confidence. That’s a very poor kind of victory and certainly not unifying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

41% of HIS party have no confidence. That’s a very poor kind of victory and certainly not unifying.

Normal people would have stepped down, but ego fueled people, see it as a victory! 

• Like 2

Oh no it isn't..

Oh yes is..

Its politics panto for the masses with Boris

in the rear of the horse,

Starmer as widow Twanky.

If you voted a chicken in as PM, the result is the same..

Destruction of the UK.

• Confused 1