Could I buy a condo for 1 .5m baht?

Two bed room for 1.5 mil in Jomtien is very rare and possibly very old condo and badly maintained.  One bedroom 35sqm - I have seen a few and newer ones and well maintained. Can rent now for 15K/month in Jomtien due to lack of tourists. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya condos seem to start from about 500k for studio, old thai ones of course where maintenance is well behind most likely.

Not sure it's a good idea to buy a 2 bed 1.5m+ condo, it will be old and poorly maintained, i doubt it can be turned around as is mainly Thai

And how long would it be expected to last for until it need demolishing  ?

19 minutes ago, sitta said:

ARCADIA BEACH CONTINENTAL  good area and near beach?

Not sure but I don't think so. Beach should be nere. Looks newer condo with good furniture including a washer machine and a good size refrigerator and two TVs. 

Can't help with the buying  of a condo in Jomtiem, but if you decide to rent why pay 15,000 a month when you can rent a two or three bed house for less in Bang Saray area. There are also some cheap condos here for sale but not certain of the price but well worth a look if you want to buy. Bang Saray is about 17km south of Jomtiem with plenty of expats. If you are interested about buying condos there let me know and I will check prices for you.

22 minutes ago, LittleBear57 said:

Can't help with the buying  of a condo in Jomtiem, but if you decide to rent why pay 15,000 a month when you can rent a two or three bed house for less in Bang Saray area. There are also some cheap condos here for sale but not certain of the price but well worth a look if you want to buy. Bang Saray is about 17km south of Jomtiem with plenty of expats. If you are interested about buying condos there let me know and I will check prices for you.

Any links for bang saray rentals?

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

In Hua Hin or Chiang Mai or Jomtien? Say 2 bedrooms ok standard

The size of the condo is most important, lots of smaller 2 bedroom condos coming on the market, they are difficult to live in long term. 

The older 2 bedroom condos were a good size, some 100m², nice size, not too expensive but older buildings. 

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:
3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Must be wrong. How can you get 2 bedrooms in 32 sq meters???!!!!!

10sqm times 2

No way. 

That leaves 12m² for living, kitchen and bathroom. 

Smallest 2 bedroom I've seen was 50m². 

2 bedroom, 32m² it's not liveable. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 12:53 AM, Onerak said:

Two bed room for 1.5 mil in Jomtien is very rare and possibly very old condo and badly maintained.  One bedroom 35sqm - I have seen a few and newer ones and well maintained. Can rent now for 15K/month in Jomtien due to lack of tourists. 

You can rent a condo for 5,000 in Prantamak or jomtien