Insurance for Spouse Visa O holder entering Thailand.

Hi all, I have a one year spouse O visa based on marriage. I could possibly have a trip to Singapore coming up soon and prepping for that. As far as I know I need a vaccine passport that I will apply from https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/covid-vaccine-passport-eng.html . This should meet the requirement for traveling there. What I'm unsure about is upon return,.. is there compulsory health insurance I need to provide Thai immigration or anyone else? Any advise on this or something I missed is appreciated.

For return you can purchase cheap 10k covid cover for 30 days for as little as 650baht.

Your visa based on marriage you state is a one year multi entry non O? 

You do not require a reentry permit.

Edited by DrJack54

Hi Jack,

Where do I purchase it from? Who do I show it to? Is it a requirement from immigration upon arrival?

I haven't applied for any reentry permit yet (I stated 1 year visa), will have to apply for one before departure at the airport. Haven't decided if I'm getting single or multiple. thanks for the reminder.

Edited by bkkexplorer

12 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Hi Jack,

Where do I purchase it from? Who do I show it to? Is it a requirement from immigration upon arrival?

I haven't applied for any reentry permit yet (I stated 1 year visa), will have to apply for one before departure at the airport. Haven't decided if I'm getting single or multiple. thanks for the reminder.

https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html.

Reentry permit can be obtained at airport.

1000baht single reentry and 3800 multiple 

I'm not clear what visa you have.

You mention "one year visa" 

Do you have a multiple entry non O?

That visa is valid for one year and allows 90 day permission of stay per entry.

Each of those entries can be extended by 60 days to visit wife.

A reentry permit is not required with this visa. 

10 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

To travel into Thailand you do NOT need a vaccine passport.

The only requirement is Visa (or exempt), and a Thailand Pass (which requires insurance).

You certainly need proof of being fully vaccinated for the Thailand pass. This from the popup message when you opent the siter..

image.png.68d5e906a9dc63ed2ac0533d2918740a.png

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You certainly need proof of being fully vaccinated for the Thailand pass. This from the popup message when you opent the siter..

image.png.68d5e906a9dc63ed2ac0533d2918740a.png

Any official proof of vaccine it fine.

Should not be confused with a vaccine passport.

Also you can now travel unvaccinated to Thailand with only a professionally administered ATK test as long as you have the supporting document from the test facility (within 72 hours of departure).

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

17 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Any official proof of vaccine it fine.
Should not be confused with a vaccine passport.

You could of been a little clearer in what you meant.  Just saying a vaccine passport is not need could lead to some confusion. Some people call a vaccination certificate a vaccine passport.

18 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

I am in Thailand now, with 1 year spouse 'O' visa that expires in December this year.

Think you must have a ME Non O based on marriage.

The ME standing for multiple entry.

At the same time you ask about reentry permit?

Just to be clear.....you didn't obtain a 12 month extension to a non O marriage visa?.

Where did you obtain your "1 year spouse visa"

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could of been a little clearer in what you meant.  Just saying a vaccine passport is not need could lead to some confusion. Some people call a vaccination certificate a vaccine passport.

Yes, I'm not sure what it's called, I thought the 2 are interchangeable, vaccine passport and vaccine cert.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Think you must have a ME Non O based on marriage.

The ME standing for multiple entry.

At the same time you ask about reentry permit?

Just to be clear.....you didn't obtain a 12 month extension to a non O marriage visa?.

Where did you obtain your "1 year spouse visa"

I extended my 1 year spouse O at CW Bangkok December 2021 which is valid til end of this year.. I have not applied for any RE permit.

12 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

I extended my 1 year spouse O at CW Bangkok December 2021 which is valid til end of this year.. I have not applied for any RE permit.

Finally!

You currently have a "12 month extension based on marriage"

(not a visa) 

You will require a reentry permit prior to exit from Thailand.

Can purchase multiple reentry permit or single reentry.

3800 and 1000baht respectively.

Can be obtained at immigration or airport 

Edited by DrJack54

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Finally!

You currently have a 12'month extension based on marriage.

You will require a reentry permit prior to exit from Thailand.

Can purchase multiple reentry permit or single reentry.

3800 and 1000baht respectively.

Can be obtained at immigration or airport 

Sorry for the confusion or frustration. I'm aware of the requirements for reentry permit as I've had this visa for over 10 years. But now is the 1st time since covid that I'm traveling out and back to the kingdom and not sure/aware of requirements/ forms/ procedure. Thanks again for everyone's input. 

I'll ask again,.. 

I'm reading another thread that mentions Mor Prom app. Is this the same as applying here? https://www.thaitravelclinic.com/covid-vaccine-passport-eng.html. Or more to the point, where should I apply for vaccine cert to travel to Singapore,.. if anyones knows.. 

17 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

I'm reading another thread that mentions Mor Prom app. Is this the same as applying here?

You can apply for a international  vaccination certificate on the mor prom app.

You will need a 13 digit ID number to register on it. Your vaccination certificate from the Department Of Disease Control  has a ID number on it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Understand.

In Thailand there is the "vaccine certificate", and then you can get a "vaccine passport". I just wanted to make it clearer that they do not need the "passport" version of the certificate.

Any official document which states vaccine type, and the date of the doses, as well as your name should be enough.

Hi there, Not wanting to leave anything out or assume wrongly.

I'd like to know if there is a reentry permit application counter for Spouse "O" visa at Don Muang. 

And If the 2 sinopharm vaccines (along with the insurance shared on this thread) I received here is enough for my return.

thanks.

24 minutes ago, bkkexplorer said:

Hi there, Not wanting to leave anything out or assume wrongly.

I'd like to know if there is a reentry permit application counter for Spouse "O" visa at Don Muang. 

And If the 2 sinopharm vaccines (along with the insurance shared on this thread) I received here is enough for my return.

thanks.

Two sinopharm is acceptable.

Re: reentry permit.

The office is located just the other side of passport control officer at DMK. 

You can see the office from where your pp is checked.

Have a TM8 with photo.

Basic copies of pp and appropriate fee 

1000 single reentry and 3800 multiple.

Quick process. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1