Abdominal pain

Badrabbit

25 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Was told to take Asprin after a TIA Stoke, Doc also said nothing to worry about as most people have had a Stroke that they knew nothing about and felt nothing, I went dizzy with double vision for about 15 seconds. It scared me so I went to Hospital.

TIA is indeed an indication for anticoagulation, either with aspirin and/or other medication.

If it turns out you have gastritis you will need to change to a different anticoagulant medication to reduce the risk of stroke.

But one step at a time. First you need the endoscopy, this will definitively determine if gastritis is present.

• Like 2

Was told to take Asprin after a TIA Stoke, Doc also said nothing to worry about as most people have had a Stroke that they knew nothing about and felt nothing, I went dizzy with double vision for about 15 seconds. It scared me so I went to Hospital.

My comment relates to the above sentence only, not the abdominal aspect.

I have learned from experience of 15 years ago and research that a TIA can be a warning of a serious Stroke to come. It should be treated as such. In my own case I was diagnosed by my local Doctor who tested me me for high blood pressure, cholesterol and sugar levels. They were not so serious but all were above normal. I decided on a course of action that I referred to with a chart I posted on this forum a few months ago in an associated thread. I managed a reduction in my measurements after only seven weeks that brought all the numbers down to normal levels.

After first seeing my test results (high) I was advised to have a scan at the hospital that revealed the TIA had damaged 1% of my brain but that the neural networks, within about 2 minutes of the TIA had already taken over the duties of the damaged area and faculties temporarily endured had been restored to "normal" ( as perceived by me). 15 years later, now, my numbers as they relate to highs in sugar levels, cholesterol, etc. have remained in normal range.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

TIA is indeed an indication for anticoagulation, either with aspirin and/or other medication.

If it turns out you have gastritis you will need to change to a different anticoagulant medication to reduce the risk of stroke.

But one step at a time. First you need the endoscopy, this will definitively determine if gastritis is present.

Would it help to look at his diet, and maybe change some to it while he is searching for a cause? 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Would it help to look at his diet, and maybe change some to it while he is searching for a cause? 

My Diet is good as it is managed by my gf, haven't touched Alcohol for approx 8 months now and don't intend on restarting, 

12 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

My Diet is good as it is managed by my gf, haven't touched Alcohol for approx 8 months now and don't intend on restarting, 

It only take a few google searches to check if you find you eat this

• fried
  • spicy
  • highly acidic

And should eat more of this

it could be worth to try since you have struggled as long as you have done. Just one example since the cause is not detected yet. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/gastritis-diet#what-to-eat

Edited by Hummin

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It only take a few google searches to check if you find you eat this

• fried
  • spicy
  • highly acidic

And should eat more of this

it could be worth to try since you have struggled as long as you have done. Just one example since the cause is not detected yet. 

https://www.healthline.com/health/gastritis-diet#what-to-eat

The cause is not determined yet as he has not had endoscopy or ultrasound let alone scans. In other words almost no diagnostic work up to date.

Diet can aggravate some underlying conditions but in itself would not account for his pain.

He needs to proceed with medical workup to get a diagnosis. Then depending on what it is, dietary modifications might or might not make sense.

I had stomach pain on and off for 5 months. More a dull ache that seemed to move about my stomach. I also had lower back pain, but like you I put off going to the doctor. Finally I went and had the endoscopy. It revealed quite a large ulcer.

I had been taking naproxen, just one tablet 2 or 3 times a week during this time for my back. The doctor put me on a load of meds and asked if I had been taking any tablets for pain. I told the truth and he believes this to be the cause of the ulcer. So 7 weeks later I am just finishing the meds he gave me and feeling much better. Not 100 percent but over 90. 

But I have no back pain at all now it was "referred" pain from the ulcer. Go back in 10 days and expect to get one more months worth of meds. Pretty sure there will not be another endoscopy as no mention was made of fasting before the next appointment. 

Because I had to be admitted to be knocked out for the procedure my insurance covered about 90% of the bill. I will not put off seeing a doctor for so long again. 

• Like 1