Can hardly see the forum for the ads?

Thailand

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Is too much. Reading with a Smartphone is nearly impossible.

2 ads bottom. One is permanent blinking. 100% Annoying. 5 seconds flick. You press skip add. And is coming again and again.

Screenshot_20220606-185031_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52b8939799303a452c22fb2aa58ec21a.jpg

I am getting the same, started today; it is intensely annoying. Is this one of @george's new ideas for the site? Hope not, needs ditching PDQ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've never accessed this site on a phone -- only a "trained" PC, so I don't experience this problem. From what I see posted here, I'd have to be very desperate for some info that's only available here or a needed reply to bother fighting with a screen full of annoying adverts, especially video ones.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Gotta make a profit, otherwise the forum wouldn’t be here. It's no more irritating than the REST of the internet.  ????

No. It's much more irritating.   Considering quitting the forum. BS.

• Thanks 2

Some posts removed.

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to other forum members, as well as to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

Admin have been made aware.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jerno said:

No.  I'm suddenly getting stupid pop ups.  God damn annoying as hell.

Much LESS irritating than the “no bad language” rule. The mentality of a Baptist preacher.  The internet forums require a profit to operate. Much like watching commercials on TV.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Gotta make a profit, otherwise the forum wouldn’t be here. It's no more irritating than the REST of the internet.  ????

I am not aware of any other site that has so many ads.  Ones that fill the screen when you first enter the site, ads between almost every post, and now an annoying video that slides in from the side, and wont go away.

Disrespectful greed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

I am not aware of any other site that has so many ads.  Ones that fill the screen when you first enter the site, ads between almost every post, and now an annoying video that slides in from the side, and wont go away.

Disrespectful greed.

Asean Now has to monetize this forum in order to continue the service. Who the hell wants to work for free? This forum is free to the public and the owner has a right to earn money from it any way that he can. I can ask visa questions on other fora and either get NO answer or the wrong information. Dealing with pop-up advertisements is a small price to pay to get access to accurate visa and immigration information.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

I just tried to post and ended up buying penis size reduction pills by accident. 

That’s odd. The pills I bought increased length and girth. You clicked on the wrong ad.  ????

• Haha 1