Teenage boy dies after colliding his motorbike with a dog crossing the road in Sri Racha

webfact

image.jpeg

PHOTO: Wisarn Sangjaroen / Top News

By Goong Nang(GN)

Sri Racha – A 16-year-old rider and a stray dog have been pronounced dead at the scene after a motorbike crash in Sri Racha yesterday morning (June 7th).

The Sri Racha Police were notified of the accident at 6:30 A.M. in Soi Wat Bordin 5 in the Surasak sub-district

Emergency responders and police arrived at the scene to find the body of Mr. N (name withheld), 16, face down on the road. Nearby was his damaged motorbike. A male stray dog was also found dead on the road.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/08/teenage-boy-dies-after-colliding-his-motorbike-with-a-dog-crossing-the-road-in-sri-racha/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Sad 4

Let me guess: no helmet but he had his mask on?

The wild dogs are a proven menace and danger throughout the country but unfortunately there seems to be little appetite to deal with this problem, for the sake of both people and the animals themselves.

Edited by pkrv
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Excel said:

Yes the do gooders will always crawl out of their holes at any opportunity. 

Yes idiots compassion applies to foreigners also. For what it's worth this is the correct Pattaya City Hall number for complaints: 038 111826

I think that dogs are the worst menace on the roads.

Carefully riding a bike here for 22 years and so far, only two accidents. (Touch wood.)

Dogs each time.

When a pack of dogs are chasing something, they just run straight across the road.

I can avoid 2 or 3 of them but I eventually hit one. ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actonion said:

From my observations  many Soi Dogs  ( not all, i know)   have more road sense   than many  Thai's

Well you know what  they believe in so perhaps those dogs were really Thais in a previous life and now understand the foolishness of their actions during their previous life as a human ????

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

Speeding kid on a bike ?? killed the dog and himself...  No helmet I guess.

Now, I’m sure someone will come along and point out that there is no proof the lad was wellying it or riding too fast etc...  blah blah blah... 

But that is a small street and not a street at which any reasonable speed should be achieved, but we know this is Thailand and that common sense will be ignored.

Dogs are an utter nuisance - but I’m not sure the lad or the dog would have died IF the lad wasn’t gunning it as many kids do on mopeds.

Edited by richard_smith237

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Speeding kid on a bike ?? killed the dog and himself...  No helmet I guess.

Now, I’m sure someone will come along and point out that there is no proof the lad was wellying it or riding too fast etc...  blah blah blah... 

But that is a small street and not a street at which any reasonable speed should be achieved, but we know this is Thailand and that common sense will be ignored.

Dogs are an utter nuisance - but I’m not sure the lad or the dog would have died IF the lad wasn’t gunning it as many kids do on mopeds.

From the press article....................CCTV footage nearby shows the victim appearing to be driving at high speed before colliding with a stray dog which was crossing the road.

55 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

From the press article....................CCTV footage nearby shows the victim appearing to be driving at high speed before colliding with a stray dog which was crossing the road.

Two birds with one stone

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 AM, Geoffggi said:

It is high time they removed these mutts off the roads they cause many accidents or alternatively attack people walking or riding bikes down the road.

Saw a mutt in the gutter near my home this morning, obviously came off second best with a vehicle.