Not mentionned in the document provided by immigration

Hello everyone,

I have been to immigration and got the document which listing the required papers to apply to a non-O.
In the section regarding the house, they wrote:

- Copy of landlord's ID card

- Copy of the landlord's household registration

So, my real estate agent has these 2 documents and is ready to give it to me.
The problem is that last time in another topic, Ubonjoe told me to provide these documents signed by owner.
When i made the rental agreement, it has been signed by the representative of the owner of the house (the real estate agent) because the owner is not in Thailand.
the lease agreement has been signed by the agent like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Lessor
Mr "Name owner real estate company"
(on behalf of Mr "Name of the owner of the house)"

--------------------------------------------------------------

To finish, in the document provided by the immigration they say that they need these ID card owner and household registry but the don't precised that these 2 documents have to be signed by owner.
So:

- Can i provide these 2 documents not signed
- Can i provide these 2 documents signed by the agent (same as the lease agreement signed by agent like the lease agreement mentionned above)
- Can i provide these 2 documents with a stamp of the real estate agency

Many thanks for the help & nice day to all.

Edited by kokool

It's pedantry at its best.

In most circumstances where copies of a Thai person's government documents are required, it's that person themself that is being requested to provide copies so they sign then there and then.

In an ideal world, your landlord will have signed  a 'master' copy of these documents and left them with the agent. More people are becoming aware of how easily a fraud can be committed using these uncontrolled, signed copies so they don't sign them.

The way I look at it, the Immigration officer doesn't know what the landlord's signature looks like so I would just go ahead and offer unsigned copies. If this gets knocked back, get the agent or someone else to sign them (you can even do it yourself) and submit again. Just in case you get a totally pedantic Immigration officer who doesn't accept the agents countersignature, office stamps and the like, I wouldn't bother with that faff.

Good luck.

PS: Mention your immigration office here and you may get someone who has had a similar experience at the same office. There's no consistency of requirements across Thailand's government bureaucracy apart from their being inconsistent.

16 hours ago, kokool said:

Thank you very much @NanLaewfor your detailed answer.

My immigration is Jomtien.

So, gonna try like this and will let know.

Have a nice evening.

I did a couple of extensions at Jomtien, the last one was probably over five years ago while I was renting a house. Jomtien immigration accepted a copy of the rental agreement that was signed by the landlord's agent (the Thai landlord was living in Denmark). They also accepted unsigned copies of the landlord's ID card and tibian bahn (household registry or 'blue book') that the agent kept on file.

That was just before they started faffing about with TM30's and fines for not notifying your local immigration of re-entry to Thailand. They were notoriously hitting random, long-term extension renewal applicants with fines for this and it was totally inconsistent on who they fined and who they didn't.

FWIW, neither my landlord or myself ever filed a TM30 when I returned to the rental home from maybe 4 or 5 overseas trips per year and I never had any problems renewing extensions. I also never had to do a 90-day report which was where some TM30 'traps' were sometimes sprung on people? AFAIK, that cash cow has largely gone away?

Yes, signed copies of by owner is required, and I've submitted such (without owner's presence) to Imm numerous times.  Copies of 'signed' docs have been accepted, meaning, signature doesn't have to be original on said document.   

Matter of fact, my lease is 5+ yrs old, and month to month, and have used copy of all, lease, ID, house book the last 4 ish extension.  Keeping the original with 'blue' ink signature. JIC asked for.

This at Hua Hin Imm office, and same for Udon Thani office in the past.

Edited by KhunLA

Last year this wasn't required from me at Korat Immigration, but I checked the requirements with them a couple of weeks ago (my retirement ext is due for renewal next month) and I was told I need a copy of my Thai partner's ID card and housebook, as that's where I live. No big deal for me, have already made the copies. 

25 minutes ago, grain said:

Last year this wasn't required from me at Korat Immigration, but I checked the requirements with them a couple of weeks ago (my retirement ext is due for renewal next month) and I was told I need a copy of my Thai partner's ID card and housebook, as that's where I live. No big deal for me, have already made the copies. 

Its been a requirement for me by Korat IO for as many years as i can remember.

On 6/8/2022 at 5:55 AM, kokool said:

- Copy of landlord's ID card

- Copy of the landlord's household registration

Can someone please point where these two required items are officially stated?

I want to show the owner of the property where I stay that I need these items from them, and it'd be better to do that whilst I show a printout of an official statement, as there may be reluctance to provide copies of such sensitive documents.

I have a big list of requirements for extension of stay but it may be too old now as these two items aren't listed.