Stupid question! Sorry!

Hello all.  (Im from U.K. and flying from U.K.!)

I'm booked to go back to Thailand in October this year, I will be going for 58 days,

Will then stay in U.K, for a month , for Christmas and new year, then back to Thailand, in January for 84 ish (not over 90!) days.

I appreciate all visas now need to be done online , on the official website. Ive had a quick look on there and it says to create account. Which is where my question comes in!   Can I just create an account today?  Even though, I'm not going until October? Or is it better to just wait until a bit nearer to October?  I  mean, if I create an account today, it will be "valid"! forever so to speak? As in no dead lines etc? I only ask, as I don't want to try opening an account now, if they ask me online when I'm going , and it "blocks"! me or whatever, in a few months time when I apply for the visa, as Ive "not used" the account or something since opening it!

Ah!! It was so much easier pre covid days! Phone my local consulate, make an appointment, sign the form and pay the dosh !! Lol!  

Thanks for any answers, Ive had a look online and cant really see the answer to my question...hence me asking on here!!

Are you asking about 90 day reports of staying longer than 90 day in the country.

As soon as leave the country you do not need to do one until 90 days after you arrive back in the country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Are you asking about 90 day reports of staying longer than 90 day in the country.

As soon as leave the country you do not need to do one until 90 days after you arrive back in the country.

Cheers for that.

No. I'm looking for info. for a visa for 60 days (from UK ) for the October trip.  (Then I will return to the U.K for Christmas and new year for a month...returning to Thailand Jan. 2023).

Then I assume another 60 day visa for The January trip (though I will need to apply for another 30days in Thailand for the January trip..either apply at imm. office do a visa run, or maybe go Malaysia or somewhere for a day!?).

Many thanks.

• Like 1

There is an article in BKK Post today, saying that Thailand Pass will cease on 1 July.  Nothing on this site, as yet, but could be worth waiting until 1 July to see what if any changes happen then.

of course, it might be just wishful thinking like the TAT arrival predictions.

I am in UK and was planning to book return to LOS in early July.  Now holding off, and waiting to see if there will be any definite changes.  I do not want to waste money on compulsory insurance if I can avoid it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Robin said:

There is an article in BKK Post today, saying that Thailand Pass will cease on 1 July.  Nothing on this site, as yet, but could be worth waiting until 1 July to see what if any changes happen then.

I am in UK and was planning to book return to LOS in early July.  Now holding off, and waiting to see if there will be any definite changes.  I do not want to waste money on compulsory insurance if I can avoid it.

Is that what the OP is enquiring about?

• Like 1

Lousy service predates Covid-19. In the old days companies and organisations hired 'workers'. These workers 'worked' at 'offices'. They were called  clerks  or admin assistants. Their 'job ' was to help  people by providing  a service.  BUT NOWADAYS- For everything we are supposed to 'create an account ' AND THEN DO ALL THE WORK OURSELVES!

This started years ago with buying travel tickets in line. I DON'T I always go to a  travel  agent. The next big 'scam' is hotel booking agencies which rarely work to our advantage. Nowadays in the UK even to pay  bills water, gas, electricity we are supposed  to do all the work including reading the metres and setting up accounts on line. Now with WFH it's even worse.

Edited by The Hammer2021

38 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Lousy service predates Covid-19. In the old days companies and organisations hired 'workers'. These workers 'worked' at 'offices'. They were called  clerks  or admin assistants. Their 'job ' was to help  people by providing  a service.  BUT NOWADAYS- For everything we are supposed to 'create an account ' AND THEN DO ALL THE WORK OURSELVES!

This started years ago with buying travel tickets in line. I DON'T I always go to a  travel  agent. The next big 'scam' is hotel booking agencies which rarely work to our advantage. Nowadays in the UK even to pay  bills water, gas, electricity we are supposed  to do all the work including reading the metres and setting up accounts on line. Now with WFH it's even worse.

Sadly..

I cant argue with a single word of that!  Im an old git now !(well 62 and retired!).

Good old fashioned "service" has long gone out the window ........(in the U.K. at least!).

As for working from home?!!.... Don't get me started!!!! Perfect excuse for them to say...sorry cant help you, as I'm working from home?  I say you cant call it work , if you cant even answer my queries!!!

1 hour ago, Robin said:

TBH I don't think that anybody on the forum would predict conditions for entry to Thailand more than perhaps 3 or 4 days ahead.

IMHO the Thai government doesn't seem to know what they are doing longer than that and even then they make so many flip flops whatever somebody in power decides on a given day may well be changed a day or 2 later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robin said:

Ive seen that, and I know everything can change daily.....I will  leave it for a while longer I guess....they may well change it July or august etc.....then they may well change it again before I go!!

Its been over 2 years, since I was  last there, so of course missed the place  and friends over there too.

The only "good news"!? When I came back in February 2020, I immediately booked for  September 2020, with Thai Air.....of course!   Thai air went up the creek!  so I assumed my money was lost. as I asked (well e-mailed as no phones were answered !) many times for a refund..

Fast forward a few months ago. after yet another e-mail to them...they FINALLY!! sent me an e-mail. saying reply to this e-mail for a flight this year....which is what I did...and hence me going back in October....I had "written off" the money I paid for the ticket...so that was a welcome boost!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, welshguy said:

Ah!! It was so much easier pre covid days! Phone my local consulate, make an appointment, sign the form and pay the dosh !! Lol!  

I find it much easier now from USA. Every thing online and can be done from the comfort of my home while I am still in possession of my Passport that I can use to make a trip to Bahamas. Also, I don't have to run around to get a MO, go to PO, buy stamps and mail it. Now I can use my credit card to charge visa fees from the comfort of my home. Passport pages are not wasted with a large visa sticker so I passport can be used for longer time before getting a new one.  Much easier than before. And also in line with modern time and technology. 

Edited by Onerak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Onerak said:

I find it much easier now from USA. Every thing online and can be done from the comfort of my home while I am still in possession of my Passport that I can use to make a trip to Bahamas. Also, I don't have to run around to get a MO, go to PO and mail it. Can use my credit card to charge visa fees. Much easier than before. And also in line with modern time and technology. 

Nothing wrong with modern technology............until you need to actually need to "speak" to a "real" person....(preferably in the country from whence I'm phoning!!). lol!

Online is fine...if however you need something, which cant be done/answered/amended etc etc online.....that's where I miss good old fashioned face to face service!

Computer says no!  (I realise it wont mean anything to you as you aren't British....its a phrase from a sketch show which used to be on British T.V.).

Edited by welshguy
spelling
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

In answer to your original question I set up an account at https://www.thaievisa.go.th last year but so far only used it for research purposes.  It appears however to be in full working order so if you feel like setting yours up I'd say go for it.

Many thanks for that!

Just what I was looking for!

I was a bit worried, had I set one up now, then not used it for a few months, it would be in valid or un useable etc!

Cheers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welshguy said:

Sadly..

I cant argue with a single word of that!  Im an old git now !(well 62 and retired!).

Good old fashioned "service" has long gone out the window ........(in the U.K. at least!).

As for working from home?!!.... Don't get me started!!!! Perfect excuse for them to say...sorry cant help you, as I'm working from home?  I say you cant call it work , if you cant even answer my queries!!!

My young  relatives think it's 'great' that they can pay their bills on line- no wonder WFH seems normal- their living room is already an office.

Other times a business sends me an attachment and asks me to 'print  it out and sign it' I refuse.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, welshguy said:

No. I'm looking for info. for a visa for 60 days (from UK ) for the October trip.  (Then I will return to the U.K for Christmas and new year for a month...returning to Thailand Jan. 2023).

Then I assume another 60 day visa for The January trip (though I will need to apply for another 30days in Thailand for the January trip..either apply at imm. office do a visa run, or maybe go Malaysia or somewhere for a day!?).

A single entry tourist visa allows a 60 day stay that can be extended for 30 days.

For a 60 day stay you could enter visa exempt that allows a stay of 30 days that can be expended for 30 days.

You could register on the e visa site early if you wanted to. 

• Like 1

FWIW, my mate is three years past-due on his long, annual Thailand vacation and after I visited him last Autumn, he's been champing at the bit and pestering me with questions on TP, visas, insurance, flights, you name it. It's taken about six months for him to get out of 'panic mode' as he's not planning visiting until maybe this autumn.  Hopefully, all the post-Covid rules and regulations will be in place and his visit, probably on a visa-exempt entry + extensions and a side trip to Laos, will be as easy as it was before.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A single entry tourist visa allows a 60 day stay that can be extended for 30 days.

For a 60 day stay you could enter visa exempt that allows a stay of 30 days that can be expended for 30 days.

You could register on the e visa site early if you wanted to. 

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

FWIW, my mate is three years past-due on his long, annual Thailand vacation and after I visited him last Autumn, he's been champing at the bit and pestering me with questions on TP, visas, insurance, flights, you name it. It's taken about six months for him to get out of 'panic mode' as he's not planning visiting until maybe this autumn.  Hopefully, all the post-Covid rules and regulations will be in place and his visit, probably on a visa-exempt entry + extensions and a side trip to Laos, will be as easy as it was before.

Many thanks both!