Car tax renewal

Go to the local dealership you would go to for your service and talk to them about taking care of the road tax with DLT.  I do that here in Bangkok, pay a small service fee, but they get it done and when I pick up my documents they even put the road tax sheet in the sheath on my front windscreen, of course I do also provide them with the current insurance and 3rd party policies for the next year.  Do the same with my Motorbike.

our local dlt has a drive through, real easy and quick, don't forget after 5 year for m/c and 7 years for cars they will need an 'mot',

can be done just with a photocopy of the green book ( black for cars)

most 'mot' stations will get the disc for you, for a fee

Edited by steve187

2 minutes ago, steve187 said:

our local dlt has a drive through, real easy and quick, don't forget after 5 year for m/c and 7 years for cars they will need an 'mot',

My car has a blue book not a black one, why is yours black....

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
8 minutes ago, steve187 said:

He’ gonna struggle next driving licence renewal !!!  ????

My Wife ’somehow’ does the tax online...  we receive it in the post. 

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 06.44.03.png

Edited by richard_smith237

Thanks everyone. 
Why is it that the simplest of questions and answers can provoke so much discussion although sometimes it’s quite entertaining/frustrating reading it all. 

The reason I ask is that losing my number plate in flooding in Issan late last year I was informed that I need to report the loss at a police station in province of registration and then get replaced at the DLT in same province. 

5 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Thanks everyone. 
Why is it that the simplest of questions and answers can provoke so much discussion although sometimes it’s quite entertaining/frustrating reading it all. 

The reason I ask is that losing my number plate in flooding in Issan late last year I was informed that I need to report the loss at a police station in province of registration and then get replaced at the DLT in same province. 

Looks like you will unfortunately need to make the trip to where it was registered in.  I find it hard to believe that you can not report the loss of the plate in the location it occurred   My car was involved in an accident where it was hit and run inside of a parking lot.  I was required to make a police report in that province and not in the province I reside in or the vehicle registered.  

30 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Thanks everyone. 

Because people reply with minor mistakes which could lead to confusion...i.e. ‘black book’... 

And additionally, there is usually more than one answer (i.e. numerous ways to renew the tax).

Additionally, renewal methods may vary depending on the age of car etc.. so the question was a little incomplete.

30 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

Anyway... you have your answers... Tax renewal is simple. 

I’m now taking a mental note of exactly whats required if I loose a number plate....  Just incase it happens and I don’t have to dig around for info.

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, FriendlyFarang said:

That's wrong.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

DLT asks for nothing but the "blue book" (and test certificate for car older than 7 years).

Who you are, where you live is absolutely irrelevant.

OK, sorry folks. I've never done it but I culled that info off Madam Moon. I'll let her know she's wrong! (er perhaps not) ????

29 minutes ago, poppysdad said:

ThailandRyan, all done and dusted a long time ago and quite painless. Was up in Issan visiting girlfriend’s family so going back to home province anyway. 

Mine occurred on a Visit to Udon, Insurance company wanted a local report before I returned back to BKK where the car was repaired at the shop.  I do understand it is done and dusted, it just does not make any sense.  The local police would have the information and if the plate was found on another car then they would have the knowledge the vehicle it was on was not correct.  It does happen.

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Blue, Yes? or black? your response confused me and I did not want to place a confused emoji on your post.  I think you meant Blue, just not sure.

Sorry, yes all mine have ever been blue, motorcycles are green and I have never seen a black book

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

ok i admit it i made a mistype, and didn't proof read the post yes they are blue, i will take my punishment like a man, please be gentle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, steve187 said:

ok i admit it i made a mistype, and didn't proof read the post yes they are blue, i will take my punishment like a man, please be gentle

I was just being inquisitive as maybe some other provincial DLT had some different colored books they were using as Somchai the printer misprints the covers for front and back that's all...

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I was just being inquisitive as maybe some other provincial DLT had some different colored books they were using as Somchai the printer misprints the covers for front and back that's all...

i think a long time ago they were a darker shade, sometimes cars are advertised for sale after being stored for years, and are showing a photo of the original book, cat having been untaxed for years.

• Thanks 1