Cannabis in food and for use in Thailand sees brisk sales following decriminalisation

webfact

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

Still early days.  I am sure the market will adjust over time.  Retail will have to compete with grannies selling it out of their back yard pretty soon so they won't have much choice.

My granny missus has been growing impressive trees for the last few years, she never sells, we self medicate, and her friends are welcome to indulge in a bong or a bite, or even a butt-kickin "green dragon" cocktail (made with 5cl of 90% proof bud infused edible alcohol and topped with soda) when they visit. Surprisingly few do. Maybe that'll change now.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Do not mix cannabis and other substances such as tobacco or alcohol.

Why? unless you drink alcohol in excess.

13 hours ago, simple1 said:

That's expensive, seriously doubt many will be buying from official outlets at that price

Agree one can still buy the tried and tested pressed ganja at 3,000b for 100gram. ie 30baht a gram. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, milys said:

I wouldn't count on that. What shall RTP do to get shamefully high bribes from tourist caught in the tourist areas.

This is a stunt from Anutin to get elected. The hemp they legalized is good for making ropes and clothes.

I live in Sweden that has some of the toughest drug laws in Europe and this kind of hemp has been legal all the time because nobody is so stupid that they would smoke it.

I feel sorry for all the misinformed tourists that will get caught

in this "Thai legal weed nonsense campaign".

Passing strange that the laws are so strict there.

You would think that in a cold and joyless place like that a natural mood-elevating herb would be a welcome anodyne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Because I finished high school I can understand the difference between a plant, a flower and an extract. Extract limited to 0.2%, plant and flower unlimited.

Menu is showing flower, so unlimited in THC content.

That sums it up pretty well as of yesterday.

But hey, stay tuned for further developments... TIT.

37 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Why? unless you drink alcohol in excess.

Agree one can still buy the tried and tested pressed ganja at 3,000b for 100gram. ie 30baht a gram.

I wouldnt even smoke brick if was  free nowadays. Pesticide infused rubbish. Decent bud has been easy to find online for a couple of years now. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I wouldnt even smoke brick if was  free nowadays. Pesticide infused rubbish. Decent bud has been easy to find online for a couple of years now. 

And you know what you buy online is Pesticide free bcoz ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Because anyone taking the time to do a proper indoor grow is not spraying their plants with poison. 

I spray..... Too many critters, moulds and fungus inside and out in Thailand. I don't believe it's possible to grow here without a bit of spraying. And the organic solutions are just not available at a cost worth paying. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Because I finished high school I can understand the difference between a plant, a flower and an extract. Extract limited to 0.2%, plant and flower unlimited.

Menu is showing flower, so unlimited in THC content.

"The use of cannabis flowers and floral clusters must be controlled by law because they contained narcotic substances."

- PM Prayut Chan-o-cha on June 8th 2022.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I spray..... Too many critters, moulds and fungus inside and out in Thailand. I don't believe it's possible to grow here without a bit of spraying. And the organic solutions are just not available at a cost worth paying. 

Well we will just have to disagree about needing pesticides indoors...at the end of the day I have loved pot for 35 years and just want everyone to experience smoking great weed that's been grown, dried and cured properly. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, CraigInBangkok said:

Well we will just have to disagree about needing pesticides indoors...at the end of the day I have loved pot for 35 years and just want everyone to experience smoking great weed that's been grown, dried and cured properly. 

Try growing some 'properly' in Thailand, using available resources then report back about how successful you were?I haven't even managed to find potting soil that will grow weed at any price. I've had to grow in coco using chemical fertilizer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Try growing some 'properly' in Thailand, using available resources then report back about how successful you were?I haven't even managed to find potting soil that will grow weed at any price. I've had to grow in coco using chemical fertilizer.

Don't worry will be reporting back soon enough. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CraigInBangkok said:

same here, I have been killing myself so many years with the $hit thai brick ! i should sue all those retarded governments because of who I had to smoke that "weed" !

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, terryofcrete said:

I was in Thailand for a month up to this week and apart from a coffee stall selling cannabis coffee I didn't notice any great interest ..

It's been talk of the town all over the Thai media / social media.

18 hours ago, shdmn said:

Still early days.  I am sure the market will adjust over time.  Retail will have to compete with grannies selling it out of their back yard pretty soon so they won't have much choice.

The prices you see there are for top grade indoor cultivated hydroponic grown with IR lamp weed. Nothing like the locally garden grown version which is much cheaper and a fraction of the strength. It's like comparing a bottle of imported single malt whiskey with a bottle of Leo.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, isanviking said:

with these prices, they can go fck them self ????

That's the price for primo, one hit hydroponically cultured strain weed. Standard day to day pressed weed is available for as low as 1,000 for 100g online right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1