Cannabis in food and for use in Thailand sees brisk sales following decriminalisation

webfact

Cannabis has always been widely available in Thailand anyway. In my first trip to the Kingdom back in the 90s, the waiter of a resort I was staying at on Koh Phangan would sell ready made joints to the guests and we could smoke in the rooms. But I would never buy from unknown people as there has always been many cases of the sellers turning the customer to the police. I hope that Thailand remains a Cannabis friendly country! 

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

That's expensive, seriously doubt many will be buying from official outlets at that price

Bought at candy land and it was packed with buyers and not just small quantaties. People hanging out smoking at the bar and hashish available as well.  The skunk i bought can smell it through my shoulder bag 

8 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Why? unless you drink alcohol in excess.

Agree one can still buy the tried and tested pressed ganja at 3,000b for 100gram. ie 30baht a gram. 

This is not what these shops are selling. 

What is on the market now legally is high quality product which can be used to medicate.

What you are speaking about is usually full of seeds, possibly full of chemicals, rot, and has been in storage for years. ( read more about it )

The two cannot be compared ????

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2022 at 1:32 PM, webfact said:

iMPORTANT INFO:

Read this so you don’t get into trouble!

Thailand has delisted the cannabis plant and flowers from the narcotics list. Currently consumption, possession, cultivation, and sales of cannabis (roots, stems, leaves, flowers) that is not extraction is LEGAL!

But please use it responsibly and safely:

- Do not use in public as you can get in trouble for being a public nuisance carrying up to THB 25,000 fine and up to 3 month prison time.

- Do not use and then drive or operate heavy machinery, your license and be cancelled.

- Do not allow those under the age of 20 acess to cannabis.

- Do not mix cannabis and other substances such as tobacco or alcohol.

- Beware of high THC cannabis flowers as currently there is no regulations on the amount.

- Edible is still not allowed for sale without going through the FDA

How long it will stay this way is up to all of you, if we can show that cannabis can bring money and tourist into Thailand, it may stay like this forever. Please help us keep it this way by come and check out what pretty flowers Thailand have to offer.

Happy Thai Cannabis Legalization Day.

---
วันนี้ประเทศไทยได้ยกกัญชาทึ่ไม่ใช่สารสกัดออกจากบัญชีรายชื่อยาเสพติด การใช้ การครอบครอง การปลูก การซื้อขาย กัญชา (ราก ลำต้น ใบ ช่อดอก) นั้นได้ถูกกฎหมายแล้ว

แต่กรุณาใช้อย่างมีความรับผิดชอบและปลอดภัย:
- ไม่ควรใช้กัญาในพื้นที่สาธารณะ หรือไปพ่นควันใส่ใคร ควรมีมารยาทในการใช้ ยังมีกฎหมายในเรื่องของการเป็นที่รำคาญ ที่มีโทษปรับถึง 25,000 บาท และจำคุก 3 เดือน
- ไม่ควรใช้กัญาแล้วขับรถ หรือใช้เครื่องจับ อาจจะถูกยึดใบขับขี่ได้
- ไม่ควรให้เยวชนที่อายุไม่ถึง 20 เข้าถึง
- ไม่ควรผสมการใช้กัญชากับสารอื่นๆเช่นยาสูบ และแอลกอฮอล์
- ระวังดอกกัญชาที่มี THC สูง เพราะยังไม่มีการกำกับปริมาณตอนนี้
- อาหาร หรือขนมที่มีส่วนผสมของกัญชายังต้องผ่าน อย. ก่อนถึงจะถูกกฎหมาย

กัญชาจะถูกหมายอย่างนี้นานเท่าไหร่อยู่ที่ทุกคน ถ้าเราสามารถโชว์ว่ากัญชาสามารถเอาเงิน และนักท่องเที่ยวเข้าประเทศได้มันอาจจะเป็นอย่างนี้ตลอดไป ช่วยกัญแชร์ข่าวออกไปให้พวกๆเพื่อนๆสายเขียวที่อยู่ต่างประเทศให้รูกัญ 

สุขสันต์วันกัญชาไทยถูกกฎหมาย

#ThailandLegalizedCannabis #กัญชาไทยถูกกฎหมาย #kittychopaka

Source:: Kitty Chopaka, Thai Cannabis Expert

https://www.facebook.com/kittychopaka

It's a pity that source didn't mention that growers have to register with the FDA!

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Because I finished high school I can understand the difference between a plant, a flower and an extract. Extract limited to 0.2%, plant and flower unlimited.

Menu is showing flower, so unlimited in THC content.

I'm sure you can make that distinction unfortunately most of the media and/or the govt spokesmen don't seem to be able to, don't pin it on me.  That said, we are very proud of you that you finished high school, what do you want to be when you grow up,  a journalist?

On 6/10/2022 at 7:32 AM, n00dle said:

Yeah right. Ganja has been a staple of thai life longer than i can remember. 90 percent of the people that will drive stoned already are. The 10 percent that haven't are still looking for their keys.

OH no!  I already have a problem finding my keys.   I better stay away from that stuff.   ????

17 hours ago, whereyougo said:

Bought at candy land and it was packed with buyers and not just small quantaties. People hanging out smoking at the bar and hashish available as well.  The skunk i bought can smell it through my shoulder bag 

Interesting, though not an activity I would engage. One assumes police will intervene at some point 'cause as far as I understand getting stoned in public is illegal and subject to three months in prison. Didn't know Thais produce hashish.

37 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Interesting, though not an activity I would engage. One assumes police will intervene at some point 'cause as far as I understand getting stoned in public is illegal and subject to three months in prison. Didn't know Thais produce hashish.

Yeah its 600 baht for hash not sure of the quantity. 

I think you will find licensed cafés Will be exempt as people may want to sample. Plus its kind ridiculous to raid a seller. 

I have pain that is well controlled by weed 

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, BritManToo said:

Because I finished high school I can understand the difference between a plant, a flower and an extract. Extract limited to 0.2%, plant and flower unlimited.

Menu is showing flower, so unlimited in THC content.

You are not technically allowed to sell "any product containing more than 0.2% THC".  Doesn't matter if it's dried flower or an extract.  However, it looks to me like they understand it's very difficult to enforce that for the flower because that would require lab testing, so looks to me like they will just let the boys in brown get their palms greased to allow these places to stay opened instead.

Edited by shdmn

On 6/10/2022 at 5:55 PM, thaichina said:

I love reading you when lighting up a very good sativa from Sukumweed!

You should go country side looking for that good THC stuff. They're growing it and they're saving the best buds for themselves (and for some occasional farang)

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2022 at 2:38 AM, bkk_bwana said:

The prices you see there are for top grade indoor cultivated hydroponic grown with IR lamp weed. Nothing like the locally garden grown version which is much cheaper and a fraction of the strength. It's like comparing a bottle of imported single malt whiskey with a bottle of Leo.

The entire country is an IR lamp.  Hydroponics and lights are only for consistency and when the climate is not conducive for growing it outside.  Also speeds up production with more lamp hours possible.  Thailand doesn't have that climate problem so I am pretty sure they can grow stuff outdoors in Thailand that is every bit as strong as hydroponic indoor stuff.  You just need good seed strains well suited to the climate.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, simple1 said:

I expect the police are thinking about this as the weed threads drone on. What is allowed, what is not, how can we make money from this. It is all very convoluted and confusing. I am just waiting to get hit by some stoned up guy on a motorbike as I use a bright red painted crossing, 'Jeez man, what are you doing crossing the road there?'.....

On 6/10/2022 at 7:28 PM, Gilligan In Drag said:

No doubt. As have I been living my life not touching ganja or even hanging out with people who do. You may have been living your life but i say you didn't understand what your life was worth if you were willing to go to prison and put your friends and family through hassles just to cop a buzz.

this is just further proof that you have absolutely no understanding of the status quo. I no of NO ONE who has ever paid more than a fine for possession, and the vast majority of those people paid a few thousand baht. There have been highly-publicised outliers, but something else was at play there. 

I find a good policy is to reserve comment when you dont know what you are talking about.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, milys said:

I wouldn't count on that. What shall RTP do to get shamefully high bribes from tourist caught in the tourist areas.

This is a stunt from Anutin to get elected. The hemp they legalized is good for making ropes and clothes.

I live in Sweden that has some of the toughest drug laws in Europe and this kind of hemp has been legal all the time because nobody is so stupid that they would smoke it.

I feel sorry for all the misinformed tourists that will get caught

in this "Thai legal weed nonsense campaign".

you truly are clueless, aren't you?

On 6/11/2022 at 9:48 AM, brianthainess said:

And you know this bcoz ? you have no idea if it's a 'proper indoor grow' with no insecticide and certainly fed with chemical fertilizers. still you know best init.

cowdung is a chemicals too!

rice555

On 6/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, BritManToo said:

I spray..... Too many critters, moulds and fungus inside and out in Thailand. I don't believe it's possible to grow here without a bit of spraying. And the organic solutions are just not available at a cost worth paying. 

My indoor grows have never required spraying

On 6/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, BritManToo said:

I spray..... Too many critters, moulds and fungus inside and out in Thailand. I don't believe it's possible to grow here without a bit of spraying. And the organic solutions are just not available at a cost worth paying. 

Neem Oil for bugs, baking soda for mold.

Try RUI's DYI threads.

rice555

On 6/11/2022 at 11:22 AM, BritManToo said:

Try growing some 'properly' in Thailand, using available resources then report back about how successful you were?I haven't even managed to find potting soil that will grow weed at any price. I've had to grow in coco using chemical fertilizer.

never occurred to you to try lazada?

On 6/11/2022 at 4:38 PM, bkk_bwana said:

The prices you see there are for top grade indoor cultivated hydroponic grown with IR lamp weed. Nothing like the locally garden grown version which is much cheaper and a fraction of the strength. It's like comparing a bottle of imported single malt whiskey with a bottle of Leo.

Your only going to keep your chocked chicken warm with IR lamp.

Do you HID's or LED's?

rice555

10 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I expect the police are thinking about this as the weed threads drone on. What is allowed, what is not, how can we make money from this. It is all very convoluted and confusing. I am just waiting to get hit by some stoned up guy on a motorbike as I use a bright red painted crossing, 'Jeez man, what are you doing crossing the road there?'.....

If he was really stoned,  he probably fell off his bike before he found

his keys and you drove over him.

rice555