The last of a generation.

sipi

3 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Just in case your wondering what an overweight, flightless super hero looks like.

hUE8g.jpg

That reminds me. I gotta buy a new mirror.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sipi said:

Are you the last of a generation?

I guess I could be called last of the mechanics that repaired car and motorcycles they seem to be all fitters now. 

Construction was my main last.  occupation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess I could be called last of the mechanics that repaired car and motorcycles they seem to be all fitters now. 

Construction was my main last.  occupation.

Yeah I was a fitter/ machinist before that. That trade is well done with. Just get a replacement.

• Like 1

I spent many years repairing thermionic valve powered radar systems. We weren't even taught what these new fangled transistors were all about. "You'll not be seeing those for long time to come'' we were told.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I live near the puffing billy steam train in Melbourne so they are still a reality there. Many tourists and enthusiasts still keep it going. . They put one on the city line recently and nice to see it go by. 

I just loved the steam trains when I was a lad and travelled all around the UK, well the southern part anyway, getting the numbers of these wonderful beasts and also trying to get inside the cabs, which I did on many occasions.

When I moved to New Zealand I vowed to go on the Trans Alpine Express steam train which connects the east coast of the South Island of New Zealand to the West Coast, but never got round to it, however it's still something I want to do.

Went on the Bluebell line many years ago and not sure if it's still running? So perhaps I'm the last of a generation that loved steam trains, not sure about that?

44 minutes ago, sipi said:

Ahh. The sulphur smell of coal burning on the stoker. I guess not many people will miss that.

Are you describing my wife's breath after eating a large plate of Pak Min and whole raw clove of garlic?

Edited by DrPhibes
spelling

1 hour ago, sipi said:

You're talking to a 96 year old steam train driver.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this on my phone.

If you really are 96, my congratulations on still possessing most of your marbles.

Further kudos if you can still get it up.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sipi said:

You're talking to a 96 year old steam train driver.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this on my phone.

If you can post on here with a pulse disconnect dialling telephone you’re a better man than me, Gunga Din.