What do you do with your time in Thailand?

I'm going to go to grad school in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. It will sort out a long-term visa, be dead-easy compared to the west, and bring me in to contact with positive people -including perhaps the rarely encountered by white men hi-so.

I'll def report back. I know from reading here that it's easier to meet Elvis then this sniffy and elusive group.

I can see myself racking up useless degree after useless degree (Asian Studies, Print-making etc.). It's a few thousand dollars a year for me and my wife to be perennial students.

And those big name uni's look pretty plush. I already have a name brand school Master's degree, so getting admitted will be a doddle.

Edited by LaosLover

2 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm going to go to grad school in Bangkok or Chiang Mai. It will sort out a long-term visa, be dead-easy compared to the west, and bring me in to contact with positive people -including perhaps the rarely encountered by white men hi-so.

I'll def report back. I know from reading here that it's easier to meet Elvis then this sniffy and elusive group.

I can see myself racking up useless degree after useless degree (Asian Studies, Print-making etc.). It's a few thousand dollars a year for me and my wife to be perennial students.

And those big name uni's look pretty plush. I already have a name brand school Master's degree, so getting admitted will be a doddle.

You could do a degree in blowing your own trumpet ?

• Haha 2

I went to school. I did well. Life's been great.

I'm going back to school -in a dead easy, super-friendly place. And I'm going to do well. Again.

Don't hate me, be me.

At the Master's level, that's where you really get to just coast and pretty much study just whatever you want. 

I specifically put in "name brand master's degree" to elicit a response from that specific contributor.

Fish, barrel, shoot.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I went to school. I did well. Life's been great.

I'm going back to school -in a dead easy, super-friendly place. And I'm going to do well. Again.

Don't hate me, be me.

At the Master's level, that's where you really get to just coast and pretty much study just whatever you want. 

I specifically put in "name brand master's degree" to elicit a response from that specific contributor.

Fish, barrel, shoot.

Do you have a fan club that I can join ?

• Haha 2

I read the terms of service.

You can gas on forever offering up only sullen and incomprehensible resentment, but I'm not really allowed to make fun of you back. I can live with that.

I'm always a surprised at how little the average poster here is interested in the rich culture here. It's like moving to France for the French fries. To be able to gain insight via academics -and great voices such as yourself- is a literal life time dream come true for me.

9 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I read the terms of service.

You can gas on forever offering up only sullen and incomprehensible resentment, but I'm not really allowed to make fun of you back. I can live with that.

I'm always a surprised at how little the average poster here is interested in the rich culture here. It's like moving to France for the French fries. To be able to gain insight via academics -and great voices such as yourself- is a literal life time dream come true for me.

Ive met ceos. Mostly bores up themselves.

Prefer ordinary folk.

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive met ceos. Mostly bores up themselves.

Prefer ordinary folk.

I was mostly an analyst for NYC Subway. I'm more likely to have met Elvis -or a hi-so- than a CEO, tho I did once work closely with a production assistant on the film, Money Train.

Unless you really, really want to see a specific kind of subway car -designed for the film, Money Train- I can't really recco the film, Money Train. Tho Rosie Perez was lovely at a meet and greet.

My critical Money Train support was the highlight of a plush life mostly writing interesting subway reports that no one ever read.

And now I'm going on to milk the student visa process writing some thesis's that no one will ever read. It's what I do. It's who I am -an intellectual grifter looking for a soft perch.

You've met the CEO's, not me.

Again, terms of service prohibits me from commenting on brit-osphere class neurosis and its deeply comic side.

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I was mostly an analyst for NYC Subway. I'm more likely to have met Elvis -or a hi-so- than a CEO, tho I did once work closely with a production assistant on the film, Money Train.

Unless you really, really want to see a specific kind of subway car -designed for the film, Money Train- I can't really recco the film, Money Train. Tho Rosie Perez was lovely at a meet and greet.

My critical Money Train support was the highlight of a plush life mostly writing interesting subway reports that no one ever read.

And now I'm going on to milk the student visa process writing some thesis's that no one will ever read. It's what I do. It's who I am -an intellectual grifter looking for a soft perch.

You've met the CEO's, not me.

Again, terms of service prohibits me from commenting on brit-osphere class neurosis and its deeply comic side.

Thai bungalow

Massage

Coconut

Beer

Dream

2 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Thai bungalow

Massage

Coconut

Beer

Dream

For me it's more like

High rise apartment with a good balcony with some herbs in big pots

Intellectual time-wasting with fellow Thai-oholics

Coconut, sure, hard to beat

Meditation in the Thai Forest Tradition, maybe a pop back in to that famous forest wat in Ubon.

Mega-Dream.