What will YOU do now that marijuana is sort of "legal" in Thailand?

45 minutes ago, bobbin said:

For all the posters talking about gummie bears,cakes and cookies etc.. bad news.

That's the stuff that's still illegal.. for now. Because they are made with extracts.

You are gonna have to go hard core. Joints, pipes, bongs and vaporizers.

To be more clear, I suppose you could render bud with butter or the like.. you could then make your own edibles.

But gummi bears..nope. Requires THC distillate. Illegal. Stick with bud..

Unless growing your own good stuff (10-20%), then it really isn't cheap  to buy, and support that 'hobby'.  Guess in line with alcohol & cigs, if having no will power.  0.2% isn't worth the cough, if that's what you're stuck with.

May put a strain on families' budget, same a alcohol, along with slight increase in crime, though guessing that element already has their illegal supply, and not much will really change.

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

OK, I'll start.

I was a hippie. 

Was basically stoned every day from age 13 to 19. 

I was psychologically addicted.

No doubt given the early age, it did damage.

At 19, I realized the stuff made me paranoid and I didn't really enjoy it that much. 

Also it would trigger flashbacks of psychedelics (I guess that was a feature).

So I just stopped it and sometimes drank booze instead but happily never became an alcoholic.

But this was OLD SCHOOL pot. So weak!

So years ago in Amsterdam I had some puffs at a coffee shop.  The NEW STUFF.

I was not prepared. I went out and practically collapsed on the streets. I could feel the side effects for a month. 

So assuming the NEW STUFF is going to be available here, while I like the idea of freedom of choice, I am not so sure I want to touch it at all. 

Once you have used up your feel good relationship with weed and the bad effects far outweigh the good , I think your done, and there is no going back to weed Ever.......

Some people only can only last a short time till they are done, others can last years or even decades.... A smaller number of people seem to be able to go on for a lifetime....

In your case I would say your well done, and there is no going back......Same with me.....

After smoking every day I quit for 10 years....Then tried it again...I hated every second of it, and have never smoked again, and never will...

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Once you have used up your feel good relationship with weed and the bad effects far outweigh the good , I think your done, and there is no going back to weed Ever.......

Some people only can only last a short time till they are done, others can last years or even decades.... A smaller number of people seem to be able to go on for a lifetime....

In your case I would say your well done, and there is no going back......Same with me.....

Could be.

I really think a big reason I stayed stoned so long is that I was in the  hippie counter culture and that was the culture. Being stoned every day and I do mean every day often even while in school gave me status in my hippie peer group. It was also fun to stick it to the Just Say No right wingers and still get straight A grades while stoned. In other words I kept doing it long after I was really enjoying it.

Edited by Jingthing

I'll probably buy some from the shop in Ladprao just for the novelty factor, seeing as I'm often on the MRT Blue line anyway. Haven't smoked it for years but one of my housemates at Uni in London sold it so there was always copious amounts of it laying around the house which we could smoke if we wanted in exchange for not complaining about his 'operation' and the constant coming and going of customers.

A friend of mine gave me a hash brownie a while back and I enjoyed the high but I did end up eating the contents of the fridge before going to bed so it will have to be an occasional thing for me. I've also asked my gf to get a licence so we can grow some on our farm in Korat for personal consumption, again just for the novelty factor really, I've also got 3 Kratom trees but never eat the leaves.

10 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I have been smoking nearly every day for about 50 years, and have yet to encounter your bad effects vs. the good dilemma. 

The paranoia problem has been solved by legalization.

This is one of the problems with weed.......Some people it affects them very badly very fast, other people like you can smoke for a loooooong time and they are still ok........So weed can be almost harmless and it can also be a very very nasty drug....It all depends on the person...

2 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

People seem to think that the legal MJ is the same as the stuff that gets you high. It isn't. THC must be lower than 1%.

Therefore, this changes nothing for the recreational user. It's still against the law.

Sorry you are wrong. This is part of a cafés menu in Pattaya on Saturday I went to

283522821_2923283631295498_1187130820684776795_n.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I gave up 10 years ago, I found the stuff here sub-standard and always an issue to get hold of.

I dont smoke anything these days, smoking a dirty joint doesnt appeal, but would love to eat something, sit down at the computer and make some music again, so I cant fathom this 0.2% on extracts law. I know I could make something myself but had disasters when trying to make weed butter and cakes in the past, would rather just buy something.

I have about 30 chills plants in production at the moment, I was just doing my morning rounds thinking, I should adapt and grow some of my own.

58 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I'd imagine insurance for a hefty vehicle crash would be invalid for medical treatment and all the rest if THC came up over the limit at the hospital...for a start.

At present there is no legal "limit", so your imagining is pointless..

Just wondering how you came up with that user name, because you seem quite detached from the concept of freedom..

Try to empathize with all the former "criminals" who have been welcomed back to normal society..

Not to mention the 3000 plus Thai citizens who were just released from captivity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Sorry you are wrong. This is part of a cafés menu in Pattaya on Saturday I went to

283522821_2923283631295498_1187130820684776795_n.jpg

Sorry, but a menu doesn't prove anything.

I do know that the government has said that recreational use is not allowed.

700Bt per gram? Robbery!!

28 minutes ago, bobbin said:

At present there is no legal "limit", so your imagining is pointless..

Just wondering how you came up with that user name, because you seem quite detached from the concept of freedom..

Try to empathize with all the former "criminals" who have been welcomed back to normal society..

Not to mention the 3000 plus Thai citizens who were just released from captivity.

Haha, I have no idea how extrapolate that...I never said anything about those released at all...

For those not interested in indulging, you still have to be careful in Thailand.

My wife ate some noodles yesterday bought by her brother - he did not say where he got them but turns out they were laced with cannabis - the heart palpitations really scared her.

There will be a tendency to put it into a lot of products now that it is legalised but they should be clearly labelled and you have to check what is in there - just going into a local cafe could be an issue

Edited by SatEng

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

The paranoia problem has been solved by legalization.

My one experience of paranoia wasn't at all connected with doing something illegal or fear of getting caught. It was a deeply uncomfortable unease while accompanied by my (then) wife and friends while simply going to a restaurant after the spliff. Even my short-term concentration was totally shot and I was driving the car.

28 minutes ago, SatEng said:

For those not interested in indulging, you still have to be careful in Thailand.

My wife ate some noodles yesterday bought by her brother - he did not say where he got them but turns out they were laced with cannabis - the heart palpitations really scared her.

There will be a tendency to put it into a lot of products now that it is legalised but they should be clearly labelled and you have to check what is in there - just going into a local cafe could be an issue

Dangerous and irresponsible. Brother needs a slap.

I recall a wedding party way back in Pattaya where there were two trays of brownies, one marked 'with' and the other 'without' on the buffet. We all knew what was what but some wag thought it was a great idea to swap the labels. The groom's mum and dad, a nice middle-aged couple from Leeds, being unfamiliar with the Thai stuff on the buffet were already tucking into the brownies before the swap. Some thought it was funny to see some old people getting f*cked up and not knowing why but the groom wasn't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Sorry, but a menu doesn't prove anything.

I do know that the government has said that recreational use is not allowed.

700Bt per gram? Robbery!!

Given that marijuana will no longer be illegal in Thailand starting June 9th, 2022, health authorities have urged the public to smoke on private property. Otherwise, they could get arrested for causing an “odor-based nuisance.”

The Department of Health sent orders to related agencies about the “inappropriate use” of cannabis and a warning that it could lead to arrests and will be charged for causing public nuisance under health laws. People who indulge in smoking cannabis can also face arrest if a nuisance case is filed against them. After the first warning, repeat violations will be fined THB ฿2,000 and a month in jail.

There is no limit on the potency of cannabis. However, creating secondary products such as hashish or oils with a potency of over 0.2% will be condemned. The parliament is yet to pass a bill that would forbid creating any such secondary substances.

https://www.pacificprime.co.th/blog/marijuana-in-thailand-the-latest-on-the-countrys-cannabis-laws/

Amazingly, the law is still hazy when it comes to the recreational use of cannabis after June 9. Police say they will arrest people for smoking pot in public places as the smoke will be a nuisance to others. Offenders will face a fine of up to 25,000 baht and/or up to three months in jail.

As to whether smoking pot at home is legal, Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has only said cryptically: “Some acts are legal but against conscience.”

Prices have already started to fall in that cafe

57 minutes ago, Seppius said:

Prices have already started to fall in that cafe

Price of weed per gram

Thailand

700 Baht = 21.08 Dollars a gram....

Oregon $6.65   A gram
Colorado

$7.14   

California

$8.93  

Nevada $8.37  
Utah $11.50

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The people who don't know anything about the new laws shouldn't be trying to advise others as though they are God's gift to pot heads... it's 0.2%, not 0.02%!  

Yeah thatll make a huge difference <deleted>

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Price of weed per gram

Thailand

700 Baht = 21.08 Dollars a gram....

Oregon $6.65   A gram
Colorado

$7.14   

California

$8.93  

Nevada $8.37  
Utah $11.50

Dealers in the US dont round up/down to the nearest dollar ?

Bt.700 in Thailand is Bt.700 BTW.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Seppius said:

Given that marijuana will no longer be illegal in Thailand starting June 9th, 2022, health authorities have urged the public to smoke on private property. Otherwise, they could get arrested for causing an “odor-based nuisance.”

The Department of Health sent orders to related agencies about the “inappropriate use” of cannabis and a warning that it could lead to arrests and will be charged for causing public nuisance under health laws. People who indulge in smoking cannabis can also face arrest if a nuisance case is filed against them. After the first warning, repeat violations will be fined THB ฿2,000 and a month in jail.

There is no limit on the potency of cannabis. However, creating secondary products such as hashish or oils with a potency of over 0.2% will be condemned. The parliament is yet to pass a bill that would forbid creating any such secondary substances.

https://www.pacificprime.co.th/blog/marijuana-in-thailand-the-latest-on-the-countrys-cannabis-laws/

Amazingly, the law is still hazy when it comes to the recreational use of cannabis after June 9. Police say they will arrest people for smoking pot in public places as the smoke will be a nuisance to others. Offenders will face a fine of up to 25,000 baht and/or up to three months in jail.

May also fail a road side test if driving a car/riding a bike.

• Haha 1