What will YOU do now that marijuana is sort of "legal" in Thailand?

6 minutes ago, scotsman said:

Is a Vaporizer legal in Thailand ? and what is the difference from a Water Bong?   

Vaporizer are legal and sold in Thailand.

Please check on google, or a youtube video, there are hundreds, you will quickly understand. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 4:41 AM, redwood1 said:

Once you have used up your feel good relationship with weed and the bad effects far outweigh the good , I think your done, and there is no going back to weed Ever.......

Some people only can only last a short time till they are done, others can last years or even decades.... A smaller number of people seem to be able to go on for a lifetime....

In your case I would say your well done, and there is no going back......Same with me.....

After smoking every day I quit for 10 years....Then tried it again...I hated every second of it, and have never smoked again, and never will...

Pretty much me, smoked it from 12 daily until about 26-27 then gave up.

Feels ok for a little while then just makes me anxious and paranoid.

Alcohol creates far more problems mind you, in moderation it’s ok but not all the time.

I will certainly buy 3.5g for my holiday and have one or two on a quiet night just because.

It does have medical benefits for some serious illnesses and should be legal on that basis alone. 

But not for me, give me a beer any day.

Edited by MacLec
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, scotsman said:

I have now bought a Flowermate Aura Dry Herb Vaporizer just waiting for delivery. I also bought Strawberry Kush and Charlotte's Mix to try and get some good Sleep and pain relief.  So thank you for your post.

regards 

Scotsman  

Very good. I myself own a mighty vaporizer, I love it. It costs some money when you buy it but saves a ton on the long run. Effect are stronger when you vape dry herb with less herb, take it slow, and wait for 10 mns before take another puff, the high arrives slower than when smoked but is stronger and more clean.

Let us know what you think of your purchase. If you want to sleep, go to the higher temperatures 200-220 degres C, and when buying weed go for the heavy indicas. Always have a bottle of water when you vape, iced water feels good after a puff. No need to take big hits, inspire slowly and enjoy.

• Like 1

What will YOU do now that marijuana is sort of "legal" in Thailand?

Smoke it.  Like I have.

And yet.  Interestingly.  The experience is different than those I had a decade and a half ago.  And completely different than when I was in my teens and early 20s. 

Honestly -  It's not a big deal.  I'd rather have a good Home Brewed beer.  But if someone is passing a spiff?  I'll take a hit.
"You'll get Covid!"

So be it.  I stopped living in fear a long while ago. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 8:54 AM, Lemsta69 said:

I can't smoke the stuff because it hurts my throat and makes me cough or worse. if I push past that it just makes my head spin and then I puke and pass out. 

Well - don't smoke.  It's not for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaichina said:

Very good. I myself own a mighty vaporizer, I love it. It costs some money when you buy it but saves a ton on the long run. Effect are stronger when you vape dry herb with less herb, take it slow, and wait for 10 mns before take another puff, the high arrives slower than when smoked but is stronger and more clean.

I've found exactly the opposite ...... no effect when I vape it.

So I just smoke it American style (no tobacco), I used to smoke it Euro style (50/50 tobacco/MJ).

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've found exactly the opposite ...... no effect when I vape it.

So I just smoke it American style (no tobacco), I used to smoke it Euro style (50/50 tobacco/MJ).

You may not have tried recently with a good quality vape, or a volcano. I suggest you give it another try, vaping extracts much more THC than smoking, there s science behind it, I can t see why you would have no effect. Effects are stronger but a bit different and with less weed.

Same thing I’ve always done. If I get the urge to use ganja, I will go to Cambodia. I can’t really trust Thailand because of its history of ignoring laws until they are “seasoned”.  Easy to order a “Happy Pizza”.  I seriously doubt that this delicacy will ever be offered in Thailand. It should take the RTP about two or three years before they stop arresting people for mere posession.

11 hours ago, thaichina said:

You may not have tried recently with a good quality vape, or a volcano. I suggest you give it another try, vaping extracts much more THC than smoking, there s science behind it, I can t see why you would have no effect. Effects are stronger but a bit different and with less weed.

I have unlimited amounts of quality weed, so that isn't a consideration.

If I want a stronger effect, I can just smoke more.

I don't have money to waste on another vape.

Edited by BritManToo

11 hours ago, Nickelbeer said:

Same thing I’ve always done. If I get the urge to use ganja, I will go to Cambodia. I can’t really trust Thailand because of its history of ignoring laws until they are “seasoned”.  Easy to order a “Happy Pizza”.  I seriously doubt that this delicacy will ever be offered in Thailand. It should take the RTP about two or three years before they stop arresting people for mere posession.

Have you not been reading the news?

No one is getting arrested for possession anymore,it is being sold openly

in shops and online.You can grow it yourself.

But if it gives you an excuse to go to Cambodia all i can say is ,have a good time there!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jvs said:

Have you not been reading the news?

No one is getting arrested for possession anymore,it is being sold openly

in shops and online.You can grow it yourself.

But if it gives you an excuse to go to Cambodia all i can say is ,have a good time there!

Indeed. I HAVE been reading the news. I simply do not trust the RTP to give up such a lucrative "revenue enhancement source” without a fight or considerable beating around the bush. Glad that they’re releasing potsmokers from prison and creating room for REAL criminals. I’ve seen too much in my six years here and I trust them about as far as I can THROW them. I will err on the side of caution.

I'll say the excitement will be over soon as it is in places like Holland. Those who wish to smoke will and others will be oblivious to it. It will be as common as passing a liquor store where not everyone immediately has the urge to buy a drink.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2022 at 3:13 AM, Jingthing said:

OK, I'll start.

I was a hippie. 

Was basically stoned every day from age 13 to 19. 

I was psychologically addicted.

No doubt given the early age, it did damage.

At 19, I realized the stuff made me paranoid and I didn't really enjoy it that much. 

Also it would trigger flashbacks of psychedelics (I guess that was a feature).

So I just stopped it and sometimes drank booze instead but happily never became an alcoholic.

But this was OLD SCHOOL pot. So weak!

So years ago in Amsterdam I had some puffs at a coffee shop.  The NEW STUFF.

I was not prepared. I went out and practically collapsed on the streets. I could feel the side effects for a month. 

So assuming the NEW STUFF is going to be available here, while I like the idea of freedom of choice, I am not so sure I want to touch it at all. 

I know a lot of stories of teenagers who were affected like this where I grew up.  Got psychologically addicted and lost motivation for studies, sports and other activities. Some snapped out of it and others didn't and had to accept they had underperformed their potential in terms of getting into good college etc.  Legalise it but keep it away from kids as much as possible, although that is difficult.

I think the the new stuff you encountered in Amsterdam is exactly what is available in the dispensaries here.  The growers have imported seeds from those strains. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 4:39 AM, Nickelbeer said:

Indeed. I HAVE been reading the news. I simply do not trust the RTP to give up such a lucrative "revenue enhancement source” without a fight or considerable beating around the bush. Glad that they’re releasing potsmokers from prison and creating room for REAL criminals. I’ve seen too much in my six years here and I trust them about as far as I can THROW them. I will err on the side of caution.

They will be even more upset if legal weed cuts into their sales and bribes from yaa baa.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:09 AM, starky said:

Im not sure your very coherent on the new laws JT the NEW STUFF as you put it is certianly not going to be available here this aint amsterdam and all thats on the table is less than 0.02 % thc which is 10 times worse than the <deleted>ty bush weed you would have been smoking at 13. ????

What are you on about Starky, you can get 15% and over on Shopee

Nothing. I have random drug tests as required of safety sensitive jobs just had one last month actually cant remember the last one at least 4 years back,.

So I'm not "ripping a bong load" in Thailand where maybe I can get fired because it can remain detectable in the body even months later.

You can get totally snockered on booze Saturday night then come on Monday morning and all is fine  Makes no sense does it ? And of course legal for 21 + in my US state of residence also.

13 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

I think the the new stuff you encountered in Amsterdam is exactly what is available in the dispensaries here. 

The A'dam new stuff is probably over 20% THC. The dispensaries here can only sell 0.02%....or is it 0.2%, nobody seems to know.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

The A'dam new stuff is probably over 20% THC. The dispensaries here can only sell 0.02%....or is it 0.2%, nobody seems to know.

Well i can tell you they are selling much stronger stuff here then what you mentioned.

You can also find weaker stuff for sure.

I was told by an older guy who has been using it for most of his life that he does not like the stronger strains at all.

He says it does not five him a nice buzz but it knocks him out.

Imo it is just like with alcohol,you need to try different kinds and see what you like

and what agrees with you.

Some people like strong Whiskey and others like more mellow drinks.

It will take time for people to adjust to this new found freedom but it is not going to be the end of the world as some of the Reefer Madness  people like to think.

I would wish they would accept being educated but you keep seeing post

by people who are very negative about the use of Cannabis but claim to have

never used it.

Open your mind and let people do what they do,it is not harming you is it?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jvs said:

Well i can tell you they are selling much stronger stuff here then what you mentioned.

You can also find weaker stuff for sure.

I was told by an older guy who has been using it for most of his life that he does not like the stronger strains at all.

He says it does not five him a nice buzz but it knocks him out.

Imo it is just like with alcohol,you need to try different kinds and see what you like

and what agrees with you.

Some people like strong Whiskey and others like more mellow drinks.

It will take time for people to adjust to this new found freedom but it is not going to be the end of the world as some of the Reefer Madness  people like to think.

I would wish they would accept being educated but you keep seeing post

by people who are very negative about the use of Cannabis but claim to have

never used it.

Open your mind and let people do what they do,it is not harming you is it?

Sorry, I should have said that the dispensaries here SHOULD only sell the 0.2% stuff. I know there are many places selling 'the real stuff' at whatever strength you want.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bobbin said:

What?  Everybody knows.

I'm starting to agree with other posters who say every post that mentions .02 or .2 should be reported and deleted for trolling...

So is it 0.02 or 0.2 % which can be sold legally?

(Please don't delete, I am not trolling)  555

Edited by KannikaP

23 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So is it 0.02 or 0.2 % which can be sold legally?

(Please don't delete, I am not trolling)  555

Only an "extract", something which is the result of a chemical process aimed at extracting THC, is currently prohibited. This is likely to change in the relatively near future. Canada also did the same..

Probably based on the real possibility that cowboy producers would employ unsafe or unhealthy extraction methods. Modern industry is fully capable of safe extraction methods and should be left to them..

And finally, most modern strains, without need of chemical intervention, are far in excess of those decimal numbers. These strains are currently being sold. Without push-back from the authorities. The current Justice Minister is on record, reported here, with saying he is pleased.

Edited by bobbin

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

What are you on about Starky, you can get 15% and over on Shopee

Your replying to a post I wrote nearly 4 weeks ago mate lol. A lot has changed since then. T.I.T

Edited by starky

On 7/2/2022 at 4:38 PM, EVENKEEL said:

The only thing which changes much is now it's cheaper. Before I didn't care if they made crazy profit off brick weed, but now it's available for cheap.

I've noticed the prices have about halved in the last month.  The market will dictate the price in the long-run.
I mean, I bought some bud at 700/gram, and I still have most of it.  That shows you how much I consume.  I bought a pipe and my max is two 'tokes.'  Not a lot. 
And actually.  It's just different then when I was younger.  I can't explain that.  What I want is enough to help with chronic insomnia.  Enough to let me sleep well all night!  :thumbsup:
I'm not fond of high THC stuff and I'm starting to think that Sativa ragweed in the best choice for me.
Low price - works as well as I want it too. Indica?  I want to feel 'sleepy' not boxed. 

In the meanwhile I'm starting to grow "Medicinal" cannabis. I'm thinking that a nice tea before bed with fit my needs.  Which would be dandy!  That's really where I'm heading, and regardless of the price.  I smoke so little it's not a burden on finances at all.