What will YOU do now that marijuana is sort of "legal" in Thailand?

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Random drug testing at my work... so will continue to avoid.

Maybe just buy a vial of Urine Luck and keep it in your pocket?

Not so sure how well it works these days but back in the 90s I used it several times (3) and it worked every time. Matter of fact I smoked a joint with a friend 2 hrs before I took a test and I passed it using the product.

6 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Maybe just buy a vial of Urine Luck and keep it in your pocket?

Not so sure how well it works these days but back in the 90s I used it several times (3) and it worked every time. Matter of fact I smoked a joint with a friend 2 hrs before I took a test and I passed it using the product.

or maybe just don't do drugs.... yeah thats the way I think I'll go.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/12/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jingthing said:

OK, I'll start.

I was a hippie. 

Was basically stoned every day from age 13 to 19. 

I was psychologically addicted.

No doubt given the early age, it did damage.

At 19, I realized the stuff made me paranoid and I didn't really enjoy it that much. 

Also it would trigger flashbacks of psychedelics (I guess that was a feature).

So I just stopped it and sometimes drank booze instead but happily never became an alcoholic.

But this was OLD SCHOOL pot. So weak!

So years ago in Amsterdam I had some puffs at a coffee shop.  The NEW STUFF.

I was not prepared. I went out and practically collapsed on the streets. I could feel the side effects for a month. 

So assuming the NEW STUFF is going to be available here, while I like the idea of freedom of choice, I am not so sure I want to touch it at all. 

I smoked occasionally when I was maybe 17-19 or so.  Did other stuff as well.  Decided I didn't really like it, LSD was better at the time (early 70's).  I've had a puff or two since then, still don't care for it.  Weirdest time was going to Thailand in 1977 and someone had weed.  Smoked a wee bit on the roof of a hotel in Maha Sarakham.  Newbie halfway around the world on a two year job stint. 

8 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Dealers in the US dont round up/down to the nearest dollar ?

Bt.700 in Thailand is Bt.700 BTW.

Na im always buying grams for 8.93 ???????????? makes getting on such a hassle carrying all that change around.

Edited by starky

On 6/13/2022 at 2:57 AM, Jingthing said:

So now that this historic change is happening here in Thailand, based on your marijuana history, how will YOU respond?

I will do nothing, I don't care on way or the other.

I am sure I smoked more pot than Bob Marley. Sure, had he lived, he would have left me in the dust, but on a total poundage basis of lifetime smoke, I may want to toss in Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer too. 

But not recently. Where we live, they have CBD vapes that are the light beer equiv of a spliff, so weed is effectively legalized even down here in the Bible Belt.

If it cost's 2,000 baht an ounce for non-skunk weed, I'm a 4 oz a year buyer. Mainly as a prelude to going out to eat in a good restaurant. 99% of my smoking would be on my balcony.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, starky said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Im not sure your very coherent on the new laws JT..."

Oh, the irony!

And a grammar Nazi as well how boring is your life peanut

Absolutely nothing to do with grammar. I was emphasising that he was the one who was "not very coherent on the new laws" (0.02%!), as opposed to the other poster to whom he was responding and chastising, hence my reference to the entire content of his post being ironic.

Shame about your "peanut" personal attack.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, starky said:
On 6/13/2022 at 10:24 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

The people who don't know anything about the new laws shouldn't be trying to advise others as though they are God's gift to pot heads... it's 0.2%, not 0.02%!  

Yeah thatll make a huge difference <deleted>

The huge difference between 0.02% and 0.2% is a factor of ten, that's a substantial multiple.   It was particularly relevant because the ill-informed poster who quoted 0.02% was berating another poster for not knowing the new law. 

I was not comparing the effect that the different percentages and strengths may have on pot heads who use the stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

How will you cope with arthritis, prostate problems, heart problems, cancer, diabetes when you get older without drugs?

There is always one pedantic <deleted> isn't there.

you know exactly what I meant so go <deleted> yourself.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

When Marijuana is classified as medicinal treatment and is prescribed by doctors and is used treat many issues as BritManToo wrote...  Thus, his response is ‘far from pedantic’...  Yet your response ‘don’t do drugs’ was oversimplified, dumbed down and flippant... 

What you mean its ‘marijuana’ is similar to heavy and more harmful narcotics... and uniformly called ‘drugs’ by the layman... yet ‘marijuana’ will soon be know more as medication than drugs. 

Opium has been known for relieving pain for centuries and has other medicinal purposes so why not make that legal also ?

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17152761/#:~:text=Opium has been known for,recorded list of medical prescriptions.

Seems to me that there seems load of people attempting to justify the use of marijuana as they are suffering from "this" and have to take these medicines or "that" so have to take these also whereas smoking pot fixes it.

Well I I guess smoking anything hallucinogenic can make you forget those other complaints, if they were real, yet on the other hand once science finds a natural remedy for hypochondria many of their arguments for smoking pot will go by the wayside.

• Confused 3

4 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

As an ex-heavy pot smoker (who might yet again become an occasional pot smoker), the big benefit of quitting was having more energy later in the day. Between 4 and 6 PM, I can now do a whole other thing instead of calling it a day at 4.  Other than that, I experienced life pretty much the same.

Promised increased mental clarity never showed up. I thank god every day that I dodged that bullet.

For someone like me I find it difficult to understand the situation you got yourself into was it out of boredom.?

7 hours ago, Excel said:

Seems to me that there seems load of people attempting to justify the use of marijuana as they are suffering from "this" and have to take these medicines or "that" so have to take these also whereas smoking pot fixes it.

Well I I guess smoking anything hallucinogenic can make you forget those other complaints, if they were real, yet on the other hand once science finds a natural remedy for hypochondria many of their arguments for smoking pot will go by the wayside.

That's pretty ridiculous if you have glaucoma.

For me pot is a hallucinogenic but not for. everyone. LSD alters your brain.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

As an ex-heavy pot smoker (who might yet again become an occasional pot smoker), the big benefit of quitting was having more energy later in the day. Between 4 and 6 PM, I can now do a whole other thing instead of calling it a day at 4.  Other than that, I experienced life pretty much the same.

Promised increased mental clarity never showed up. I thank god every day that I dodged that bullet.

Lack of energy is certainly a thing for people who use it every day. You don't want to do much if your in that state.

But i doubt its much different for people who drink all day. (alchohol)

Every day is just too much. Occasional (depending what one calls occasional)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Every day is just too much. Occasional (depending what one calls occasional)

Agree with this assessment, but only for myself.

I can see myself enjoying half a small cigarette on Sat night and doing the other half as a wake and bake on Sunday morning. So prob more like 2 oz a year would cover me, 4 oz would go begging.

Being intoxicated is fun, pot is a somewhat benign method. Net/net I prefer zero or very little intoxication as a life plan going forward. If I had never smoked pot at all, that would have been a better life choice. But the good times, people, and situations it led me are entirely happy memories.

In the very unlikely event that a heavy pot user wanted advice from me, I'd recco the pot quitting reddit page for support and not doing the wake and bake to start getting mentally healthier.

A lot of people (including me) use intoxicants to avoid the over-critical voice inside their heads. Therefore, being judgmental towards potheads is the opposite of helpful.  

My stopping was about being a reliable partner for my very sick wife. Loving her, serving her, made me love myself more. And that's what largely killed intoxicants for me personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

i've been high for 30 years and fit virtually none of the stereotypes.  

Yeah ok but being old school and anti drug I don't understand what you mean by stereotypes are you not happy without taking drugs.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Haha 1

Something I smoked occasionally when I was younger in Florida with great pleasure, and later tried a few times and even at a beach bar in Krabi, and never felt the same. Different time, different strain, not same anymore. 

The good old Mexican strain was a take off pill, never experienced the same feeling with any other strains later. However I drink less, eat less and not really interested to mess anymore with my head than I have to trying to keep positive about life and future. 

I enjoy quality food and wine more than almost anything else at this moment in life.

Edited by Hummin
  • Haha 1