Marijuana is not a magical cure, warns Prachuap doctor

webfact

image.jpeg

By Online Reporter

Just days after Thailand took the groundbreaking move to decriminalize marijuana, a doctor in Prachuap Khiri Khan has urged caution against the use of the drug.

Ms. Wansa Boonjorn, Thai traditional medicine doctor at the cannabis clinic Prachuap Khiri Khan Hospital, said that removing marijuana from the category 5 narcotics list would be beneficial to the health and medical industry in Thailand.

However, she cautioned that marijuana is not some magical plant that can cure all ailments. She said that using marijuaua has advantages and disadvantages and if it is used incorrectly can harm a person’s health.

Ms. Wansa also cautioned against children and teenagers using marijuana, saying they could be at risk of developing adverse long term conditions which affect both their physical and mental health.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/marijuana-is-not-a-magical-cure-warns-prachuap-doctor/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-06-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's just not a good idea for under 20s whose brains are still developing. Perhaps the government could use celebrities to promote the idea that it's "cool" not to smoke too much. But I can almost guarantee there will be cases of kids going over a cliff with the availability I see coming. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wombat said:

and i guess you'd be trying to tell me that you didn't have these problems before you smoked weed?

Yes that's true, as I never had flash backs again and it's been over 50 years. Some people actually learn threw their mistakes and I was one who did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Like all mind altering substances, some people shouldn't partake in them, as they cause different things to different people. I smoked from age 17 to around age 52 or so, and very little the last twenty years, and did other drugs, and never experienced a flashback of any sort. Most of those come from hallucinogenics like LSD. Like all of the herbs that the Asians say are good for you. Some are, for some people, and some aren't. The galling practice of killing sharks for fins, bears for paws and gall bladders, and rhino horns, which don't do a thing for health, shows this also. No one lives any longer than anyone else besides individuals who are genetically lucky. You can exercise daily, eat healthy, not smoke or drink, and die at age 40, meanwhile someone can eat fatty red meat, smoke cigars and drink moonshine and live to 110.  Marijuana has shown to have a calming effect, which is good for people who are historically angry. It helps with nausea for cancer patients. Hemp itself has many uses. Drinking alcohol makes some get violent, and kills thousands yearly while driving, but never have I seen marijuana do this to anyone around me, nor heard of it happening. Thailand is not a good place to get involved with anything illegal, so waiting until it does, as millions have in the US, is the best choice.

Some of what you said I agree with, but when I was in Katmandu smoking my ass off I was never angry but I would get very paranoia about my surrounding's. One time I seen and heard many dogs chasing me back to the very cheap hotel where I was staying. The next day many people said there were no dogs. Grass really affected me so how would it affect you and your kids????

s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Thats not what the Bible says but then this is a Buddhist country.
The Bible says Genesis 1:29.

weed6.jpg

Yes the bible said in  Genesis 1.29 that God said we can eat all the plants and seeds, but he gave us all the brains not to eat or smoke the weeds

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Some of what you said I agree with, but when I was in Katmandu smoking my ass off I was never angry but I would get very paranoia about my surrounding's. One time I seen and heard many dogs chasing me back to the very cheap hotel where I was staying. The next day many people said there were no dogs. Grass really affected me so how would it affect you and your kids????

s

All my kids besides the little one here smoke or smoked it, and all are doing well. As far as me, it made me laugh , get into music more and made food appear to taste better. Like another mentioned, some weed is "enhanced" with other things, like the thai sticks here.

• Sad 1

On 6/13/2022 at 7:58 AM, vandeventer said:

The doctor is right on! Being a ex smoker of grass many years ago and the flash backs I was getting in the middle of the night as it plays hell on the brain after you smoke for awhile. It made me stop and that was 50 years ago.

You're one in a million, but I'm glad you were wise enough to stop.

Me, on the other hand, have always enjoyed it and had no detrimental effects, effects, effects, effects,.. ¦<} {] ¥©®|÷;] ¶¶¶¶§§

• Like 1
  • Haha 1