10-kilogram monitor lizard caught after clawing into water storage room of Pattaya hotel

webfact

image.jpeg

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Pattaya — A 10-kilogram monitor lizard was caught after clawing into the water storage room of a Pattaya hotel.

Pattaya social workers were notified by a concerned citizen at 6.30 p.m. yesterday, June 10, that a massive monitor lizard had clawed into the water storage room of a Pratumnak Hill Hotel in the Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung, Chonburi.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/06/11/10-kilogram-monitor-lizard-caught-after-clawing-into-water-storage-room-of-pattaya-hotel/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-06-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Easiest way to own or rent a car in Thailand - click here to find out more!

• Haha 2

Pretty hefty fella but not massive compared to those that frequented Lumphini Park in the past.

I know that lizards have been relocated from Lumphini so I don't know about the current lizard population there.

Still some whoppers wandering around there?

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What amazes me is that these things seems to be appearing everywhere with nobody apparently seeing the massive stealthy things

Fewer people encourage more wild life.  I visit the deserted Ambassador Hotel four times a week and spot them most days.

I live in rural area and a few weeks ago the dogs cornered one at least 10Kg. The tail hit one of the dogs and she was done but the other one kept at it but the lizard didn't back down. I finally lassoed the dog and pulled it back and it took off, damn they can move fast. Found out later a neighbor caught it and made a meal of it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, walt1 said:

I live in rural area and a few weeks ago the dogs cornered one at least 10Kg. The tail hit one of the dogs and she was done but the other one kept at it but the lizard didn't back down. I finally lassoed the dog and pulled it back and it took off, damn they can move fast. Found out later a neighbor caught it and made a meal of it. 

Is your neighbor Korean?

2 hours ago, walt1 said:

Strange that , as they are never harmed intentionally in our back water.

They believe it will bring years of bad luck.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

What amazes me is that these things seems to be appearing everywhere with nobody apparently seeing the massive stealthy things

Yep, I've seen 3 Of the things at different times in & Around Nong Khai......Quite Recently Too....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added

18 hours ago, walt1 said:

Had a bloody racket behind my house and a small pack of dogs had chased one up a tree....they were going nuts. 

About once a year, I'll get one in my garden walls and my dogs will corner it, the water monitor will end up with some bite marks I'm able pull my dogs off and put the lizard in a wheelbarrow and let it free in the open field next to my home.

The very 1st time I saw one in my garden, I thought it was a freaking alligator.