Celcius crypto ponzi falling apart (crypto network)

On 6/15/2022 at 12:45 AM, lkn said:

Wrong, he said that he personally had invested in cryptocurrencies.

No, he said his company were looking into it. It's unbelievable how you twist the facts for your own personal campaign against BTC, for some warped motive.

“Just one example, our Cloud team is looking at how they can support our customers' needs in building, transacting, storing value and deploying new products on blockchain-based platforms. So we'll definitely be watching the space closely and supporting it where we can”.

22 hours ago, dj230 said:

"Royal Malaysian Customs Department adopts TradeLensThe RMCD has joined the blockchain-enabled TradeLens platform to modernize shipping processes, boost efficiency, and create greater transparency and collaboration across supply chains."

"Canadian Pacific improving information sharing with blockchainCP’s intermodal shippers can now use TradeLens — a blockchain-based platform — to rapidly and easily transfer container-shipping documents with added security and transparency."

What does that mean? You really don’t see this as vague hand-wavy salesmanstalk?

If I am going to sell you a product and I just tell you it will improve productivity, transparency, and efficiency, you will be satisfied? Or will you ask how does your product do that?

Honestly @dj230 I am disappointed that you think the above is a meaningful response to my question.

Try google some of the things mentioned, e.g. the only thing blockchain about TradeLens is that is uses IBM’s Blockchain stuff, which I already said is in name only, and CoinDesk agrees: “IBM develops private and permissioned blockchains, which stand in contrast to public blockchains such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. IBM notably utilizes Hyperledger Fabric, an open-source blockchain protocol developed by the Linux Foundation-hosted Hyperledger consortium” — a private and permissioned blockchain is nonsensical, it is just a database, as there is no consensus algorithm and no network that untrusted nodes can join, and presumably no random person can download the full database/blockchain.

It really is all just marketing speak to make people with little understanding of these things think that this is new and innovative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lkn said:

What does that mean? You really don’t see this as vague hand-wavy salesmanstalk?

If I am going to sell you a product and I just tell you it will improve productivity, transparency, and efficiency, you will be satisfied? Or will you ask how does your product do that?

Honestly @dj230 I am disappointed that you think the above is a meaningful response to my question.

Try google some of the things mentioned, e.g. the only thing blockchain about TradeLens is that is uses IBM’s Blockchain stuff, which I already said is in name only, and CoinDesk agrees: “IBM develops private and permissioned blockchains, which stand in contrast to public blockchains such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. IBM notably utilizes Hyperledger Fabric, an open-source blockchain protocol developed by the Linux Foundation-hosted Hyperledger consortium” — a private and permissioned blockchain is nonsensical, it is just a database, as there is no consensus algorithm and no network that untrusted nodes can join, and presumably no random person can download the full database/blockchain.

It really is all just marketing speak to make people with little understanding of these things think that this is new and innovative.

I think you have to do more research on blockchains, there are both private and public blockchains.

6 hours ago, dj230 said:

I think you have to do more research on blockchains, there are both private and public blockchains.

You better stop arguing as you are outwitted here, What IT knowledge / qualifications DO you have?

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, dj230 said:

IOW you can’t give an actual example of how blockchain solves problems, but you think I need to do more research?

Let me ask you something simple: Does a private blockchain require a consensus algorithm?

18 hours ago, dj230 said:

but a fan of blockchain technology

He just says there are some good technologies used, those are Merkle trees, cryptographic hash functions, public/private key infrastructure, the hashcash idea to guard against DoS attacks, etc., all this stuff predates the bitcoin white paper, and note how Bill himself says “talked about as blockchain”.

Also, from an economic/game theory perspective the bitcoin idea is very interesting, but also flawed because of some unfortunate couplings, like how it must be more expensive to attack the network than the potential reward you get from attacking it, which is what leads to this huge cost of performing the transactions.

For the smart blockchains (like Ethereum) you also have some unfortunate couplings, like how miners can front-run people. In bitcoin this doesn’t matter, but when you start to build decentralized exchanges on the blockchain, you start to see that miners (or bots) will scan pending transactions for potential arbitrage possibilities and simply “steal” this opportunity by (for miners) front-running the user, and for bots, post a transaction and offer the miner a higher fee.

So nice try appealing to authority, but Bill does not say what you think he said.

Also, still waiting for you to reply to my question about whether a “private blockchain” needs a consensus algorithm.