Moving to Pattaya 1

Hello, I am staying in Thailand on annual extension to Retirement Visa.
I live in a Bangkok condo now but moving permanently to a hotel in Pattaya at the end of July.
I know a TM.30 form is submitted to Immigration (by the hotel to Immigration website) but that I need to submit a TM.28 form to Immigration within 24 hours.
The TM.28 form is easy to download here. What additional info do I need to take to Immigration with the TM.28? A letter from the hotel verifying the above? Anything else? ID of hotel manager? 
Many thanks for any and all help.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A TM28 form is no longer used for a change of address now. It was replaced by a TM27 form.

Most offices will accept a TM30 report done as proof you changed your address.

When you apply for your next extension they may want proof of a long stay agreement with the hotel..

• Like 1

Thanks Joe. So I don't need to go to Immigration to prove my new address in a new province. The TM.30 from the hotel is enough? The 90 days starts from my moving date or my last 90 days in Bangkok? I take the TM.27 when doing first 90 day stamp in Jomtien? Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Thanks Joe. So I don't need to go to Immigration to prove my new address in a new province. The TM.30 from the hotel is enough?

Yes

6 minutes ago, orientfan said:

The 90 days starts from my moving date or my last 90 days in Bangkok?

When your current 90 day report is due.

7 minutes ago, orientfan said:

I take the TM.27 when doing first 90 day stamp in Jomtien?

That should not be needed. Show them a screenshot of the TM30 report the hotel will do.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Thanks Joe. So I don't need to go to Immigration to prove my new address in a new province. The TM.30 from the hotel is enough? The 90 days starts from my moving date or my last 90 days in Bangkok? I take the TM.27 when doing first 90 day stamp in Jomtien? Thanks again.

Only need the TM30 so no need to go to immigration until your 90 day report is due (TM30 & Extensions typically don't reset the reporting date so it's 90 days from entry or your last 90 day report). 

When your 90 day report is due, do try the new immigration site (https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login) it's much more reliable than the old one but if for any reason it doesn't work for you Maneerat (Soi 13/2 / Post Office) will do your report for 200 THB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

A TM28 form is no longer used for a change of address now. It was replaced by a TM27 form.

Most offices will accept a TM30 report done as proof you changed your address.

When you apply for your next extension they may want proof of a long stay agreement with the hotel..

"Longstop"

Is that legally required  now, Joe?      I know a decade or so ago it was not required based on the Thai government's site even thought the Captain lady in the back  on Soi 5 immigration personally required it. 

11 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

"Longstop"

Fixed now (spell check got  me).

12 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Is that legally required  now, Joe? 

Which one?

Proof of your residence can certainly be asked for and a TM30 report would not always be proof of that.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Fixed now (spell check got  me).

Which one?

Proof of your residence can certainly be asked for and a TM30 report would not always be proof of that.

Sorry,  I wasn't clear enough but that's why I quoted your "longstop" in my post.      I know when I first applied for an annual ext. of stay, the Thai website did not require a "longstop" residence contract.    it was merely th peronal preference of the immigration officer.

Has that now changed and officially  now a long term  residency contract is required when applying for an annual ext of stay?

54 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Has that now changed and officially  now a long term  residency contract is required when applying for an annual ext of stay?

No sure what Jomtien wants at this time but most offices will ask for a rental agreement. 

I have been providing a rental agreement for several years now for my extensions. Before that we were staying in our house full time and the only thing needed was  copies of my wife's house book and ID card.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No sure what Jomtien wants at this time but most offices will ask for a rental agreement. 

Thanks for your reply.

I consider you to be the falang expert on visa matters which is why I was asking about the law in Thailand     (official requirements) and not personal preferences of any random imm. officer.    Even if the imm officer doesn't follow  the  law I wonder what the actual law is regarding a long term lease requirement when applying for an ext. of stay.

When I applied I recall reading one poster on this board claiming he just gave his hotel's address to immigration and got his extension.    That was around 2010.

36 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Even if the imm officer doesn't follow  the  law I wonder what the actual law is regarding a long term lease requirement when applying for an ext. of stay.

The only law is the immigration act of 1979. Everything is set by immigration orders, regulations and procedures.

I am sure there is regulation or procedure that states proof of residence is required.

I would say the majority of immigration offices require proof of residence for long stay extensions.

8 hours ago, orientfan said:

Many thanks Mike. Are you in Jomtien area? Thanks for the help.

I'm in the Wongamat area & also quite new to Jomtien Immigration office but had more or less the same questions when I moved down from Bangkok last August & @ubonjoe/ @DrJack54we're kind enough to put me on the right path.

• Thanks 1