Coming back to Thailand from Vientiane to Nong Kai with covid extensions.

I'm thinking of doing a border run to Laos soon and would like to know of peoples' experience of coming back into Thailand on a visa-exempt entry through the Nong Kai entry point. My elite-visa expired September 2021 and I've been here on COVID extensions (6 in total) ever since. I need to cross the border and reset my visa status so I can convert to a Non-imm O based on retirement upon my return here. I cannot convert to a Non-imm O visa in-country based on my current visa/extensions..... Does anyone have any experience of coming back into Thailand through a land border with several COVID extensions on a visa-exempt entry stamp? Any advice would be highly appreciated! Thanks......

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't have personal experience however cannot see why you cannot enter VE at land border.

If via air I would certainly suggest a TV. 

Sorry..... I'm asking about returning to Thailand with 6 COVID extensions in my passport after I've already been to Laos and possible entry problems coming back to Thailand. Thanks....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markus1971 said:

Sorry..... I'm asking about returning to Thailand with 6 COVID extensions in my passport after I've already been to Laos and possible entry problems coming back to Thailand. Thanks....

Realize that.

To reenter via land border I don't see an issue. 

I qualified it by stating if you had chosen to enter via air you could be refused without a visa

• Like 1

As a general rule, whatever your prior immigration history, entering visa exempt through the Vientiane/Nong Khai Friendship Bridge is never a problem. As at most land crossings, the only restriction you need to worry about is the limit of two visa exempt entries by land in a single calendar year. You will be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bookstore said:

Their is a lawyer across the street from the American Embassy I think his name is David Lam. he got me a NON-O visa without having to leave the country. cost a little bit but saved alot of problems

Thanks for the info but my original visa was a Thai Elite visa (before the COVID extensions) and I've been told by just about everyone, including the most popular agents, that this visa type cannot be converted into a Non-imm O visa in-country and that I have to leave and 'reset' my status.... crazy as it seems!

You may  well be one of the first..... 

But I expect as it is the first Exempt entry for a long time, you should have no problems providing you meet the Thailand Pass requirements... then get it converted to an O Entry.