How to grow cannabis in Coco Coir (hydroponic)

On 6/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, BritManToo said:

I have 1/2 dozen 12cm computer case fans dotted around the tent (run from a 12v phone charger). This grow was 32-35c most days, sometimes up to 40c.

The LED driver sits on top of the tent (not inside), and on most days I just leave the tent open, I only close it at night when flowering.

IMG_20200414_095046.jpg

A bit later, the 2 autos in the middle (front Amnesia, rear White Widow) got moved outside the tent, and the 2 plants either side (Critical Orange Punch) became a 'Screen of Green'. It all got a bit too big ...........

IMG_20200512_091205.jpg

Hand watered once every day with nutrient solution adjusted to PH6 (ish).

About 20-30 minutes off work, once a day.

fans look too small to me

How do you deal with the odor though when they're in flowering? You're not venting to the outdoors, and you're not handling the odor in any way. At the very least it's going to be extremely strong in your house, even if it doesn't get out to annoy your neighbors. I'm not criticizing, what you're doing is working for you but it seems a little odd to just grow in the house with a tent but leave the tent open. The whole point of a tent is to enclose the grow and thus be able to control your environmental factors. People reading this thread and considering growing indoors with a tent might not realize that leaving it open is not the usual way. The conventional way is to have an exhaust fan and carbon filtration, and be able to vent directly out of the structure (which is going to be very difficult in a condo), and to leave the tent closed at all times except when doing something.

Hi there 

ok my opinion I have found using coco you need to make sure in the you have good drainage as if you root say wet to long your plants will get root disease. So I have found in the hotter months about 60 %coco 40% clay balls then in the colder months 50% coco 50%clay balls  also coco holds a lot of salts make sure your flush your system with clean water ???? if your using a good clean natural nutrients your plants will be better off than using a salt based nutrient

feel free to ask any questions KOG ????????

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, King of grass said:

Hi there 

Sorry made a mistake in the other one this is the revised copy 

ok my opinion I have found using coco you need to make sure in the you have good drainage as if you root say wet to long your plants will get root disease. So I have found in the hotter months about 60% coco 40% clay balls then in the colder months 40% coco 60% clay balls  also coco holds a lot of salts make sure your flush your system with clean water ???? if your using a good clean natural nutrients your plants will be better off than using a salt based nutrient

feel free to ask any questions KOG ????????

Edited by King of grass

if you are watering and fertilizing manually, do you reuse the excess water that drips out? 

compared to other hydroponic system that aerates or recirculate water, would you be wasting more fertilizer in this manual grow method? 

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

if you are watering and fertilizing manually, do you reuse the excess water that drips out? 

compared to other hydroponic system that aerates or recirculate water, would you be wasting more fertilizer in this manual grow method? 

Never reuse the liquid that drips through. OK for your garden plants though. 

Wesco fertiliser is cheap, 120bht lasts 8 plants a year. 

Edited by BritManToo

On 6/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, bangkokairportlink said:

Anybody tried with 24h aircon ?

If i could afford 24 hr aircon, I wouldn't be worrying about the price of weed

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If i could afford 24 hr aircon, I wouldn't be worrying about the price of weed

Just have the lights on when you have the AC on, a fan when it's off. A close tent may also need a dehumidifier from wet dirt or coir.

rice555

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2022 at 3:04 PM, BritManToo said:

Hlg 240 + quantum board.

Perfect for a 4x2 tent, under the stairs, or just free standing in a room, 5,500bht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/led-grow-light-hlg-samsung-lm301h-v3-120240320480600-watt-meanwell-driver-indoor-grow-light-full-spectrum-full-spectrum-led-plant-grow-light-i1540904841-s4105096069.html

Cheaper on Shopee at 5,000bht

https://shopee.co.th/HLG-240W-SAMSUNG-LM301B-3000K-4000K-MIX660NM-UV-IR-i.258674463.8952653530

(careful to buy one with the meanwell driver, some shops just sell the LED without a driver)

Can u tell me how much to add this fertilizers safely to not burn plants.

How much veg fert. Per L water

How much bloom fert. per L water please.

How you measure it? In grams? Need scale? Or there is little spoon in the pack? 

U go full dosage in early stage or cut it down?

1 minute ago, Siam Buds said:

Can u tell me how much to add this fertilizers safely to not burn plants.

How much veg fert. Per L water

How much bloom fert. per L water please.

How you measure it? In grams? Need scale? Or there is little spoon in the pack? 

U go full dosage in early stage or cut it down?

Wesco 30-20-10+T

I'm using 2ml in 2ltr to start the plants, and I'll up that to 4-5ml when they're larger. 

Level teaspoon to start. 

Heaped teaspoon when larger. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Wesco 30-20-10+T

I'm using 2ml in 2ltr to start the plants, and I'll up that to 4-5ml when they're larger. 

Level teaspoon to start. 

How u do 2ml? It's a powder not liquid nutes isn't it? 2g may b ?

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:44 PM, jaideedave said:

BMT: Thanks so much for the reply. I now realize that top feeding won't work.I can make a tea from the organic nutes on hand.I'm quite familiar with PH pen use. Next Q ..about what PPM should I shoot for? under 2000 PPM?

Yes there is a lot of controversy around coco use but I'm at my wits end as to why my plants never finish well.I always suspected root issues but don't know how to remedy.I'm now using 3 gal fabric pots, should I go to 5 g in my small tent? I'm giving your method a go and see what happens, its cheap enough to try... PS:I'll probably go with Wesco nutes to start for simplicity sake...

What seeds u plant? Genetics are important 

On 7/22/2022 at 7:16 PM, BritManToo said:

Wesco 30-20-10+T

Level teaspoon to start. 

Isn't it too strong on Nitrogen N?

Mine came as powders and it says like 50-100 grams per 20L

Confused

Will have to cut that by 4 I guess especially at the beginning?

Nitrogen toxicity is a problem isn't it?

20220723_185441.thumb.jpg.5b08eb17ca5cda5497b609323f3caf83.jpg20220723_185449.thumb.jpg.fadb5ef9982f00ccde5d4e3257e88230.jpg

If you are worried about the amount of nutrients get an EC meter. Cheap as chips on Lazada. 

Feed them 200-250ppm for the first week then up it to 500 for the second week then 700+ for the rest of the veg state. When in flower over 1,000ppm is the norm. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...