Is Thailand creating a Cannabis tourism empire?

webfact

7 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Quite surprised I've seen that on a few 'menus'.   I was in a 'hash only' smoking mode for about decade ????, until good buds were available.

I'm waiting for the 'restricted selling hours' to be announced soon, in line with alcohol sales hours.  If not a total ban on flower / buds sales forth coming.

Think the gov't got caught off guard, and their ignorance shows on how little they knew, and how many 'farmers' were already out there.   Maybe they were basing the 'farmers per capita' on convictions & incarcerations for ganga, and not living in the real world.

oops  ... ????

Now how to overly tax it, like everything else.  If they can figure that out, they may not ban the 'buds' sales completely.

I'm waiting for the 'restricted selling hours

This seems to be regulating itself.

It would seem that shop owners are sampling their own product, as none of them appear to be open before 11am.

Some are opening at 2pm or 4 pm.

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Quite surprised I've seen that on a few 'menus'.   I was in a 'hash only' smoking mode for about decade ????, until good buds were available.

I'm waiting for the 'restricted selling hours' to be announced soon, in line with alcohol sales hours.  If not a total ban on flower / buds sales forth coming.

Think the gov't got caught off guard, and their ignorance shows on how little they knew, and how many 'farmers' were already out there.   Maybe they were basing the 'farmers per capita' on convictions & incarcerations for ganga, and not living in the real world.

oops  ... ????

Now how to overly tax it, like everything else.  If they can figure that out, they may not ban the 'buds' sales completely.

Now how to overly tax it, like everything else. 

I would happily pay tax, providing these prices start becoming more reasonable.

Edited by Bert got kinky

13 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

I'm waiting for the 'restricted selling hours

This seems to be regulating itself.

It would seem that shop owners are sampling their own product, as none of them appear to be open before 11am.

Some are opening at 2pm or 4 pm.

Considering their customer base, most probably don't wake up till noon ... :rasta:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Ideal climate is dry and sunny.

Bad climate is wet and humid.

Which climate does Thailand have?

There are different strains for different climates.  They can grow good weed in Florida.  Which climate do you thing that is more similar to?

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:56 PM, stoner said:

is was the same garbage back then as it is now. the whole thai stick thing is just silly now. 

difference being is back then all weed sucked. 

Wrong.

Panama Red.  Tastes like hash.  Sticky.  Very relaxing.  Actually from Santa Marta, Columbia.

Columbian Gold.  30 years ago got some in Bogota.  Couldn't even finish a joint, I was so stoned.  And I'm a heavy smoker.

Dude.  I don't think you know what you're talking about. ????

51 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Wrong.

Panama Red.  Tastes like hash.  Sticky.  Very relaxing.  Actually from Santa Marta, Columbia.

Columbian Gold.  30 years ago got some in Bogota.  Couldn't even finish a joint, I was so stoned.  And I'm a heavy smoker.

Dude.  I don't think you know what you're talking about. ????

none of those topped 20 percent thc. you're obviously not as heavy a smoker as you think. you should try dabs if you think any nugget is strong. 

there are multiple strains now well over 30 percent thc and unreal terpene levels.... but don't let modern science and growing tech get in the way of your stories of the good old days.

i'd say the thai weed of old days rarely if ever topped 16 percent. it's all you knew so yes you felt so so high.....get loy. 

On 6/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, Bert got kinky said:

Now how to overly tax it, like everything else. 

I would happily pay tax, providing these prices start becoming more reasonable.

They will.  It started out expensive in Canada too.  Took a couple years but prices are fairly cheap now.  Everyone is allowed to grow their own too soooo.

Edited by shdmn

On 6/14/2022 at 9:29 PM, webfact said:

Not sure if it will catch on with the Golden Triangle.

This is the area where the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Myanmar meet at the confluence of the Ruak and Mekong rivers.

Could be they are thinking of exporting back the other way. There is always a method in Thai Madness. Still it will increase Thailand's Cancer rates no end from smoking. The 2 big "Cs" Cancer and Covid; are they sure they know what they are doing.

Edited by William C F Pierce
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, William C F Pierce said:

Still it will increase Thailand's Cancer rates no end from smoking. The 2 big "Cs" Cancer and Covid; are they sure they know what they are doing.

Please post a link to any research that suggests smoking cannabis causes cancer.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/health/does-smoking-marijuana-cause-cancer

If cannabis had exactly the same cancer risk as tobacco,

'But there’s something else we’ve learned from decades of tobacco research: The dose makes the poison. And people don’t typically smoke cannabis at the same levels as they do tobacco.'

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2