Is Thailand creating a Cannabis tourism empire?

webfact

32 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Why would anybody come to Thailand for cannabis with less than 0.2% THC?

The buds I see being advertised at the 'smoke cafes' certainly aren't the .2% version.

BUT ... outrageously priced also. 

Again, Thailand 'tourism Empire' seems to be just a continuation of their imaginary self.

Thailand being one of the last places, I would visit as a regular tourist, for any reason.

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or deter them !! 

It will be the same as every other 'vice' people prefer to indulge in or avoid.   Sextourist will go where it's offered, others, won't even notice it exists, with few exceptions.  If not looking for it, you probably won't find or be exposed to it.   Nobody drags people off the street and forces them to P4P, drink alcohol, and now, smoke ganga.

Same as the party, alcohol crowd, if wanting you'll find, if not, you won't notice.

Ganga will be no different.  Just another silly thing for the TAT to advertise to entice as many as possible to visit TH.   It's their job, and apparently, they are pretty good at it.  Shy of 40 mill in 2019.

Nobody avoids the museums in Amsterdam (excellent BTW), because of the ladies behind the glass or the 'tea shops'.  

Many, most will walk by, out of curiosity maybe and think, "that's it, that's a tourist attraction, wow, some people are just plain stupid, who would bother".

Sort of fits with my opinion of 90% of the 'tourist attractions' in Thailand; overprice Nat. Park, or another Wat.  Only reason to go near either, is there may be some good food vendors about.

OK, saw that, did that, don't need the t-shirt, lets go get some coffee & cheesecake. I'll pick next time...dumbass

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

There are already those whose titties are getting twisted, that guy from the Department of Thai Traditional Medicine is already preparing to have the flowers classed as a "controlled herb".

The clamping is coming...

image.png.24c5eee586df0e841cd86d89a725824c.png

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 2

Thailand's bid to attract quality "high quality, high spender tourists" or is it simply "high tourists"?

But joking aside it's all good.

Even my Niece said she might visit and she hasn't visited in 20 years because she said she hates flying. 

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

Golly gosh gee wiz..

Don't you think the govt giving away 1 million plants is a tell?

With the clincher being able to buy a headed plant for 1500 baht?

FB_IMG_1655257544600.jpg

this is why they cannot just ban flowers.. cut them off that monster and what's left? the pot?

(no pun intended ????)

• Haha 1

If they allow us to sell it, I may become a farmer.  Hell of a profit margin.  Beats trying to make money selling green & red peppers, broccoli or asparagus here ????

Then I'll crying ...

.... "Pain and blisters on my mind and hands
I work all day making up nickel bags"

Besides fruit bearing plants, what we plan on planting now, as damn expensive at the market.  Actually just to eat ourselves.  Not expecting much of a surplus.

Good Bye ... 'Hotel California' ... ????

Edited by KhunLA

49 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

For gods sake, could the mods post a sticky or whatever it is to clarify that the 0.2% applies only to extract.

Buds are not extract. Ergo, the 0.2% does not apply to bud.

https://lagunatreatment.com/drug-abuse/marijuana/buds-versus-extract/

image.png.15cd637b74a1b6f673aca26918bb1c37.png

I understand the difference, but where does it say that buds with more than 0.2% THC are legal?

For example in this article: https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40015370

It is currently legal in Thailand for registered companies to sell cannabis products with less than 0.2 per cent tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, the psychoactive compound in marijuana that gets people “high”.

A bud would also be a product, so selling buds with more than 0.2% THC would be illegal.

Edited by FriendlyFarang
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

the vast majority of the weed grown here is garbage. only a few sources of quality. other than that its imported. 

Back in 20 years ago, a tourist told me about a small village in the Northeast where they sold "Thai stick".  I was leaving the next day, so never got to go there.

Now, I'm too scared to even think about it.  Watched that movie about a guy who gets caught with drugs.  No parole for drug offenses, they said in the movie.

You get less time for murdering your wife in Thailand. ????

Besides, we get Purple Thai in a strain called "Flo" in America.  My #1 favorite.  Maui Wowie is #2.  #3 is Chocolate Thai, which used to be the original Thai stick.  

Why the hell would I need to come to Thailand to smoke Ditch weed? ????

109118_TreeHawk-Farms_Chocolate-Thai.jpg

Flo-White-7-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, charmonman said:

I'm sure you're right but there was a time when Thai weed was considered to be among the best. I remember Thai Stick from high school in the 1970s.

is was the same garbage back then as it is now. the whole thai stick thing is just silly now. 

difference being is back then all weed sucked. 

• Confused 1

After all the glad handing, PR pumping, happy TAT press releases, they know it is real bad.  The only solution; legalize marijuana and let those hopheads, uh er, Quality Tourists, in. Until the Chinese return that is.

Behold an Anutin Quality Tourist.  Woohoo!

depositphotos_29750869-stock-photo-hippie-smoke.jpg

Edited by LomSak27
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7098613/

pain is the main reason for medicinal cannabis use, information from dispensary websites has the potential to shape the attitude of pain patients towards cannabis. This is relevant because cannabis has demonstrated efficacy in neuropathic pain with low tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentrations (< 5–10%), in contrast to potent cannabis (>15% THC), which is highly rewarded in the recreational realm

So it seems in the US, across the states that allow medicinal and recreational marijuana, use "low THC" levels are between 5-10%.   This is a far cry from Thailand's 0.2% THC maximum allowed level.

13 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7098613/

pain is the main reason for medicinal cannabis use, information from dispensary websites has the potential to shape the attitude of pain patients towards cannabis. This is relevant because cannabis has demonstrated efficacy in neuropathic pain with low tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentrations (< 5–10%), in contrast to potent cannabis (>15% THC), which is highly rewarded in the recreational realm

So it seems in the US, across the states that allow medicinal and recreational marijuana, use "low THC" levels are between 5-10%.   This is a far cry from Thailand's 0.2% THC maximum allowed level.

jesus! are we still banging on about .2% .... EXTRACTS only are below .2% thc

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

This is a true story , A Thai friend who owes me big chunk of money want to pay me in kind with 3 kg marijuana leaves he cultivated in his house, any ideas what to do with such offer?...

Smoke it? 

11 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

For reference, Cambodia is no exception. 

Cambodia, weed available everywhere for $10 a bag.

Instructions, don't smoke in a public place and you'll be OK.

My hotel even had a smoking pavilion by the pool for pot heads to smoke all day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

My hotel even had a smoking pavilion by the pool for pot heads to smoke all day.

Well that seems rather civilised. If you want to partake you can do so in an area with adequate signage warning those that do not wish to smoke or smell it.  But tell me did you notice friends in Cambodia smoking it from a Shisha ?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

With respect, yes indeed once inside Cambodia, but try and cross legally through Immigration and Customs - a different story!! To be honest, I have no interest whatsoever in any drug, being a retired Forensic Expert who used to test for Cannabis leading to offenders being prosecuted. With colleagues, we took turns on the "Cannabis Rota"!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Confused 1