Paypal no longer available to foreigners starting October 2022

10 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i think we were always able to log in to it... using it for purchasing things from thailand might not work, though. i want to know fro anyone who successfully uses it to buy things from here. thx doctorman

I have been living here for 15 years and have been using my PayPal account regularly to buy items off of ebay and have sent to my Thai address.

In my case I opened my PayPal account in the US. I have a US bank account the PayPal is linked to. My PayPal primary address is a mail forwarding service in the US (Las Vegas). My computers location is set to "United States".

My Thai address is one of my alternate delivery addresses.

I just got into a new hobby and in the last 4-5 months have done at least 20 purchases on ebay from Chinese sellers for delivery to my Thai address and paid with PayPal.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

i think we were always able to log in to it... using it for purchasing things from thailand might not work, though. i want to know fro anyone who successfully uses it to buy things from here. thx doctorman

AFAIU, that was the original plan for 'Thailand' Paypal, a restricted account only useful for purchases. Paypal (whom I talked with many times) fought the restrictions and Thailand eventuality said screw it and required all Paypal users to have the Thai national ID, killing the whole thing.

I'm guessing the Thai national ID restriction has now been lifted because it was also necessary for my Thai business Paypal account, which they just turned on.

I checked and my personal account is still restricted from making money transfers to/from banks and credit cards.  So great for shopping but not useful for selling things. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

I have been living here for 15 years and have been using my PayPal account regularly to buy items off of ebay and have sent to my Thai address.

In my case I opened my PayPal account in the US. I have a US bank account the PayPal is linked to. My PayPal primary address is a mail forwarding service in the US (Las Vegas). My computers location is set to "United States".

My Thai address is one of my alternate delivery addresses.

I just got into a new hobby and in the last 4-5 months have done at least 20 purchases on ebay from Chinese sellers for delivery to my Thai address and paid with PayPal.

I'm in the same position except my account used a Thailand address so I was caught up in the Thailand Paypal mess.

Good for you, wish I had done the same.

• Agree 1