Non O visa run to Savannakhet June 2022

I used to do yearly Non O visa runs to Savannakhet as I live only couple of hours from the boarder but stopped as it works out costing more than using an agent to extend your marriage visa as you have to leave the country every 90 days, 5K for the Non O visa, 2K Lao visa, hotel, transportation can all add to more than 20,000 bht +. 

I extended my yearly marriage visa, hassle free for 15,000 bht using immigration them self cutting out the agent as why use an agent as I went to the source as many immigration offices in Issan will offer a special service to extend your visa if you don't have the 400K in the bank or in my case I had it in the bank but not for the 2 month requirement needed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Excellent report and great news, saves dealing with the immigration gestapo for extennsion.

They needed your wife's passport, this is new, previously only ID card.

Just a copy was needed as stated on the website. But her passport was even expired. Nothing was made out of it. I can even imagine that in cases where your spouse has no passport due to never having left the country that would be ok as well.

2 hours ago, MaiDong said:

Was there a request by the consulate to view a flight ticket belonging to you too?(applying for a non O)

Or just the other fella? (Presumably applying for a tourist visa) 

Just the other fella.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

I used to do yearly Non O visa runs to Savannakhet as I live only couple of hours from the boarder but stopped as it works out costing more than using an agent to extend your marriage visa as you have to leave the country every 90 days, 5K for the Non O visa, 2K Lao visa, hotel, transportation can all add to more than 20,000 bht +. 

I extended my yearly marriage visa, hassle free for 15,000 bht using immigration them self cutting out the agent as why use an agent as I went to the source as many immigration offices in Issan will offer a special service to extend your visa if you don't have the 400K in the bank or in my case I had it in the bank but not for the 2 month requirement needed. 

I had an extension before as well. but alas, my wife was out of the country at the time I had to go for the next extension. Immigration told me she needs to be present.

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

MTSR, did you get insurance for Thai? I guess you need that to get Thailand Pass, right?

I have local insurance. I asked the immigration office before leaving the country if I would need the pass and she confirmed that is still the case.

• Like 1

So what now.

Border runs, leaving and reentering Thailand every 90 days? 

6 hours ago, mtsr said:

That's it. I had 400K in the bank and brought a bank statement

400k in the bank and choosing to do a 20-30k visa run than a 1.9k extension?

9 hours ago, nightfox said:

very nice   thanks for adding to thread .. dm me about agents if possible  wait do we have dm ?

7 hours ago, mtsr said:

I have local insurance. I asked the immigration office before leaving the country if I would need the pass and she confirmed that is still the case.

so yes on the thailand pass  but no on the health ins  correct ?

7 hours ago, mtsr said:

Just a copy was needed as stated on the website. But her passport was even expired. Nothing was made out of it. I can even imagine that in cases where your spouse has no passport due to never having left the country that would be ok as well.

I have never been asked for a copy of my wife's passport, only ID card and her house book.

Good report, nice to know it's all back up and running again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

So what now.

Border runs, leaving and reentering Thailand every 90 days? 

400k in the bank and choosing to do a 20-30k visa run than a 1.9k extension?

29 - 30k !!!! were on earth do you go ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, ifmu said:

very nice   thanks for adding to thread .. dm me about agents if possible  wait do we have dm ?

You don't need an agent. Just ask your local immigration officer that you don't have the 400K in your bank and see what they say as more likely they will tell you that they can act as an agent/money fixer for you.

2 hours ago, nightfox said:

Just ask your local immigration officer that you don't have the 400K in your bank and see what they say

Good luck even getting to sit with one without all the correct docs in most main immigration offices. All documents thoroughly checked before even getting in the door. 

Awesome thanks for sharing. Great to hear the land border at Mukdahan and my favourite non o multiple entry is back online again... legend! And after July 1 no more TP even easier. 

Edited by starky

20 hours ago, tubber said:

Did they not ask for the Kor Ror 2 stating you are still married? They were asking for that the last time I went before Covid.

Ive been getting them in savvanakhet for over a decade only ever had to show my marriage cert.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:31 PM, nightfox said:

Not sure about that. Have asked many agents up my way, Udon, and no agent will touch an extension by marriage due to the heavy scruitiny in the main office in Khon Kaen. They will cop a sling for a retirement visa anywhere in the range of 15-20 k even with no funds but they wont go near a marriage with a 10 foot pole. Which is why i go to Savvanakhet

Edited by starky

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Not sure about that. Have asked many agents up my way, Udon, and no agent will touch an extension by marriage due to the heavy scruitiny in the main office in Khon Kaen. They will cop a sling for a retirement visa anywhere in the range of 15-20 k even with no funds but they wont go near a marriage with a 10 foot pole. Which is why i go to Savvanakhet

Agents in Issan all know not to use khoen Kean immigration for marriage extensions. They use Mahsarakam, Kalasin, Shakon Nakon and others because they are easier to work with. The agent I used to do previous marriage extension for me is based in khoen Kean and doesn't use their office and she does a lot of marriage extensions per month.