Such a positive vibe in Bangkok as tourists, Thai sellers, locals and even a Thong Lo cop celebrate the end of ganja prohibition!

webfact

7 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Last time I tried local weed it was heavily "boosted" with some strange chemicals and instead of fun or at least some good "stoner" mood it gave headache and massive hangover effect. Lets make it clear - it is just another herb and as you can see at Yowarat's shops there are no regulations on purity, chemical treatments and basic storage rules. Obviously they [weed growers] will and probably do apply all nasty chemicals already. On my opinion this is not worth spending even 50 satangs for a joint.

That's true.  Until weed can be certified at least pesticide free, like shops do in the US, then it's not worth it. 

Smart shops will 3rd party certify themselves though.  It's a race to the top, not the bottom. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Wrong!

Female cannabis plants 30bht each outside MaeJo University every morning 8aam-10am.

Limited to 5 plants per customer, grown by MaeJo University.

Selling 400 plants a day since the 9th.

Please, any information on where I can obtain cannabis oil? I'd like to try it for lower back pain, PM if you prefer.

In the USA specifically Washington state you can get all green bud for $ 30.00 an ounce out the door it seems crazy. I just don’t consume it but have lots of friends that do. I am not really sure how this will draw people.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Have not touched the weed for 50 years as it never really agreed with me. But on one occasion I hallucinated on it with the flowers on the wall paper turning into lions heads. I am sure it had nothing to do with the beer and 2 bottles of red wine consumed before as it was a friends buck's night.

hahahaha been there lol ???????????? No, no of course it had nothing to do with the slingshot effect lol ????????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Those prices quoted are insane. Hopefully competition will sort that out. In the US, you can get very high end stuff for around $300 an ounce. That equates to around 350 baht per gram. 

In Canada it is around $3/gram. USA it is around $20/gram. I asked many people why it is so cheap in Canada and so expensive in USA. Nobody could gave me convincing answer. In Thailand are they selling flowers or leaves? Does it show THC content? Or is it a big scam?

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

I love it when people make sweeping statements like 'nobody does that'. Your mind is, of course, the global database on drug-induced psychosis and crime.  

well lets see here fella.

check how your original comment went vs my reply. can you see the public opinion on that one ? so either they are all wrong.....or you are.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

In Canada it is around $3/gram. USA it is around $20/gram. I asked many people why it is so cheap in Canada and so expensive in USA. Nobody could gave me convincing answer. In Thailand are they selling flowers or leaves? Does it show THC content? Or is it a scam

Scam please go Canada

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

In Canada it is around $3/gram. USA it is around $20/gram. I asked many people why it is so cheap in Canada and so expensive in USA. Nobody could gave me convincing answer. In Thailand are they selling flowers or leaves? Does it show THC content? Or is it a big scam?

The only stuff I see approaching $3/gr on the gov't store website (which is the cheapest place to get it) is if you buy in bulk (30gr or approx. 1oz, which is the max allowed).   If you are just buying a few grams at a time the average price seems to be closer to $10CDN/$8US per gram for small quantities.  Anything below around $10CDN requires you to buy at least 10gr minimum.

I won't post the link because I am not sure if that is allowed or if it accessible outside the country but just google "bc cannabis store".

Edited by shdmn

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. I am not a smoker. But I used to be, and I had my choice of incredible quality hydroponic weed from British Colombia. I never experienced any ill effects, until near the time I stopped smoking. And that was simply feeling like I wished I was sober, once I got stoned! 

When I was alot younger, I used alot of drugs. My favorite of all time was LSD. A close second was mescaline, peyote, and psilocybin. Did alot of it. I speak from a place of having alot of experience. Never had anything bordering on a bad experience. Had a couple of friends who had some loose marbles, and they had bad trips. I think if you are on the verge, nearly anything can put you over the edge. This likely relates to a very small numbers of pot smokers, with very weak minds, or serious mental problems, to begin with. 

cannabis-sativa-marijuana-buds-hands-cool-abstract-green-flares-stock-photo-158460242.jpg

marijuana-promo_wide-3960c528d4a1a56cddb3d8602e7cd85da5a19bae.jpg

But keep it away from young teenagers whose brains are still developing. I used to support tenants in the UK with mental health problems, 2 of whom were lads in their early Twenties. They both had parents of the Sixties Hippy generation who, believing it harmless, had allowed them and their mates to regularly smoke (bong parties etc.) in their  homes from a very young age. These two lads had consequently developed psychosis and schizophrenic symptoms. Consequently they will require antipsychotic medication, medical, welfare and social support and will probably never be able to work for the rest of their lives. A tragic waste of their lives. I was informed that, with the ever increasing THC levels in the Cannabis hybrids being grown,  they were not isolated cases and it was an increasing problem acknowledged by psychiatry.

I dont think it is a question of 'weak minds' but I think those who are 'highly strung' should avoid any drugs that make them higher. The clue is in the word 'highly'.

I personally stopped smoking it many years ago after concluding that, similar to an alcohol hangover, for the next day or two after smoking, it interfered too much in my common sense practical thinking and functioning. I believe that every drug has it's pay back. I acknowledge though, that weed is great for enhancing  philosophical, creative, imaginative and artistic thinking and abilities, and, more importantly, it can help break through one's country's social and cultural conditioning/programming and help you, if you so wish, to observe and understand the World more objectively.

Thais will be OK though, as they dont have any common sense practical thinking to f*** up...555.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Then how can millions of Americans who have been purchasing legal weed in many states NEVER EVER have had ANYTHING compared to a bad acid trip!!  This of course includes weed that is 30% and higher in THC levels. You are scare mongering beyond belief!  Acid and weed are completely incomparable. Your post should be flushed down the toilet! 

So you have researched this with a nationwide scientific study have you?

P.S: The whole country is f***** up...555.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

I love it when people make sweeping statements like 'nobody does that'. Your mind is, of course, the global database on drug-induced psychosis and crime.  

Partly agree - but I don't love it - it frustrates me! Statements like "nobody smokes cigarettes any more" are of course total nonsense so why do people say it? 

14 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Those prices quoted are insane. Hopefully competition will sort that out. In the US, you can get very high end stuff for around $300 an ounce. That equates to around 350 baht per gram. 

The prices are still not high enough to stop druggies from that nonsense......????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

the difference is in taxation. I'm sure the greedy little government is already thinking about some kind of tax.

1 hour ago, ericthai said:

the difference is in taxation. I'm sure the greedy little government is already thinking about some kind of tax.

So all the prices I stated were before tax, so add 12%.

Edited by shdmn

On 6/17/2022 at 5:48 AM, webfact said:

I didn’t know Keith McVeighty but clearly many on the forum did. He once competed in the TT race on the Isle of Man, where he hailed from.

It was a tragedy for a fellow biker but at least he died doing something he loved. 

We can’t ask for much more.

Thanks for that Rooster. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that felt that way about a fellow biker.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

At the same time, another, thirsty foreigner, all grown-up and also in Bangkok, couldn't buy a bottle of a golden-coloured liquid, let's simply call it "beer", because it was only 4:30 in the afternoon... Amazing Thailand! ????

Cool, one less potential drunk on the roads (until 4:30)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1