Such a positive vibe in Bangkok as tourists, Thai sellers, locals and even a Thong Lo cop celebrate the end of ganja prohibition!

webfact

23 hours ago, RafPinto said:

The german guy forgot his mask and proud, queueing to buy some weed.

Good for him. It's time more people began to let it be known that masks are yesterday's fashion item. Thailand, in case you'd forgotten is the 'Land of Smiles'. It's time we started seeing more of those smiles. A lot more!

• Like 1

Yet another reason to avoid Thong Lor. Riding the BTS the few stops I needed daily without cringey farang tourists wearing ratty t-shirts, short shorts, singlets, dark glasses (soooo cool) and rubber flip flops. Now, add flashpackers looking to score illegal weed at 500b gram which is over 14000 an ounce.

Perfect for Thong Lor cops. Another money making opportunity.

Far, far better to reduce taxes on wine and spirits. Weed addicts are worthless.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Snig27 said:

When marijuana use triggers psychosis, there may be several different symptoms, all characterized by a break with reality. Common marijuana psychosis symptoms are paranoid delusions, suspiciousness, and a sense of grandiosity. Other potential symptoms include hallucinations, dissociation or a feeling of detachment and unreality, disorganized and disturbed thoughts, inappropriate emotional responses, and unusual changes in behavior. In most cases symptoms resolve once drug use is stopped.

and 

Psychotic symptoms are all characterized by a loss of touch with reality. While most people who use marijuana will never experience this, 
use of cannabis can trigger an episode of psychosis. It can cause symptoms like hallucinations, delusions, disordered thoughts, unusual behaviors and emotional responses, paranoia, suspicion, and others.

https://www.brightquest.com/cannabis-induced-psychosis/psychotic-symptoms-in-marijuana-smokers/#:~:text=Common marijuana psychosis symptoms are,and unusual changes in behavior.

That's a giant step away from "some lunatic with psychosis induced from marijuana goes on a rampage."

Move your brain out of the 1930s.

And, no, I don't smoke the stuff and haven't for 40 years.

Chronic pot addicts make light of the trauma which spinning, nausea, inebriation, paranoia and disassociation with reality all very real if the person has no tolerance for the stuff and has done a few bong rips of high thc ganja. Especially if they have never smoked before.

Mixing alcohol and weed...

There will be hospitalizations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

1. Calling a pot smoker an addict is a bit of a stretch. Though there are some psychological aspect to trying to kick the habit, it is a fairly easy habit to break. I did after smoking for 20 plus years, without much difficulty. Unlike alcohol or tobacco, there is very little in the way of a physiological dependency when it comes to ganga. It is mostly mental.

2. Yes, I agree if someone has no experience smoking the new high THC ganga, they can get pretty high, and it could lead to paranoia, dizziness, spinning, etc, especially if combined with alcohol. For 99% in that situation, all they need is several hours of sleep. Hospitalizations will be very rare. I speak from experience. 

I read your post too late. ???? Had only a couple of drags on a joint made of the new stuff on Friday night. First in many, many years. While my mates who are regular users, were fine, although perhaps a bit more chilled than usual, I was sat holding the table and smiling as I felt I had lost my balance (probably dizziness but it did not feel like it and I have had a lot of experience with that from benign paroxysmal positional vertigo). Mates told me it would pass in 20 minutes or so and it did.  Don't think it is for me though.    

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

The prices are still not high enough to stop druggies from that nonsense......????

'Druggies' ... ????

Unlike cig smokers, they are not physically addicted.  How many cig smokers told themselves "when it gets to $1 € or £ a pack, I'll quit"... and yet ... ????

15 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

In Canada it is around $3/gram. USA it is around $20/gram. I asked many people why it is so cheap in Canada and so expensive in USA. Nobody could gave me convincing answer. In Thailand are they selling flowers or leaves? Does it show THC content? Or is it a big scam?

It would appear prices are dropping, due to competition. Many now say in the US you can get higher end stuff for $6-10 a gram. Likely depends on where, and what you consider to be higher end stuff. 

Then there's this...

Chronic pot smokers never amount to anything in life. How can you function at the best of your capacity while high af?

The old psa about living in the parents basement very true.

The only productive people I've ever met who were habitual smokers were growers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

At the same time, another, thirsty foreigner, all grown-up and also in Bangkok, couldn't buy a bottle of a golden-coloured liquid, let's simply call it "beer", because it was only 4:30 in the afternoon... Amazing Thailand! ????

It might be nice if I could get my supplies to fill up my fridge while I do my early Sunday shop....

The only improvement I can see is that weed possession may not draw such draconian sentences. That remains to be seen, though. It serves the purpose of reducing the number of those in prison for merely using, rather than dealing.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:55 AM, stoner said:

this is a gag comment right ? 

no one goes on marijuana fueled rampages

I am sorry but it happens. For a few years before I came to Thailand I worked as a Taxi Driver in a west country city (UK). Not through choice, I was caring for my mother who had dementia and it was a job which gave me the total flexibility I needed.

One night I was dragged from the car and badly beaten ( for refusing to reduce the metered fare). I received a kick to the head which resulted in damage to my left eye which means I now have limited peripheral vision and need to have a spectacle lens for that eye which resembles the bottom of a jam jar. My assailants were also convicted of robbing two other taxi drivers, including a Pole who they threatened at knife point, taking his wedding ring. They were eventually convicted of all three offences, robbery and causing grevious bodily harm.

The common thread to all three offences, according to the police, they were heavy cannabis users and had been using it prior to the attacks.

Heavy use of cannabis screws your brain, and other people's lives up.

It is not just a warm fuzzy harmless feeling.

4 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I'm not from Oz, where binge-drinking is the norm... ????

I would like to suggest binge drinking occurs in many country's. No need to point the bone at Oz mate.

And seeing as you state you are not from Oz, what makes you qualified to say it is the norm there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wagga said:

I would like to suggest binge drinking occurs in many country's. No need to point the bone at Oz mate.

And seeing as you state you are not from Oz, what makes you qualified to say it is the norm there.

Right the first link on Google about 'drinking culture in Oz': "There are a few countries around the world that have a reputation of loving to drink. Ireland is one of them. Russia is another. And with their Foster’s beer, Australia is another. (...) But overall, the drinking culture in Australia does tend to be stronger than it is in other countries." - Besides, you started it, making fun of my comment, that I couldn't buy a bottle of beer, while cannabis was easily available. Wonder, if it is the same in Oz, but I doubt it. Mind you, I don't care, whether you consume 3g or 3kg of marijuana, but I still find it odd that, at the same time, I cannot buy some beer, because it's afternoon...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BonMot said:

Then there's this...

Chronic pot smokers never amount to anything in life. How can you function at the best of your capacity while high af?

The old psa about living in the parents basement very true.

The only productive people I've ever met who were habitual smokers were growers.

I recon you need to get out of your cave and meet more people then.

What an completely stupid and closed minded thing to say.

And the 'old psa' about living in parents basement is just as stupid. That is purely an American thing, and I think has a lot of (American) urban myth attached to it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Right the first link on Google about 'drinking culture in Oz': "There are a few countries around the world that have a reputation of loving to drink. Ireland is one of them. Russia is another. And with their Foster’s beer, Australia is another. (...) But overall, the drinking culture in Australia does tend to be stronger than it is in other countries." - Besides, you started it, making fun of my comment, that I couldn't buy a bottle of beer, while cannabis was easily available. Wonder, if it is the same in Oz, but I doubt it. Mind you, I don't care, whether you consume 3g or 3kg of marijuana, but I still find it odd that, at the same time, I cannot buy some beer, because it's afternoon...

And it says  "But overall, the 'drinking culture' in Australia does tend to be stronger than it is in other countries."

The words 'drinking culture' in no way imply's binge drinking. It just means they drink a tad more beer, nothing about binge drinking.

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The reason you couldn't get a drink in the afternoon is, that like it or not, its actually the law, however seeing as only the larger supermarkets and 7/11 actually adhere to that policy you weren't really trying very hard were you.

The reason that cannabis is available is because the law now permits it. You need to accept it

11 hours ago, BonMot said:

Chronic pot addicts make light of the trauma which spinning, nausea, inebriation, paranoia and disassociation with reality all very real if the person has no tolerance for the stuff and has done a few bong rips of high thc ganja. Especially if they have never smoked before.

Mixing alcohol and weed...

There will be hospitalizations.

heavy drinkers make light of the trauma which spinning ,nausea, inebriation, paranoia and disassociation with reality all very real if you are not used to drinking 40% by volume alchohol ore even just 5% by volume beer in sufficient quantities.

nothing to do with weed     just alcohol  there have been many and will be more hospitalizations but not many on here complaining about cannabis are so vocal about alcohol,  why is that?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BonMot said:

Yet another reason to avoid Thong Lor. Riding the BTS the few stops I needed daily without cringey farang tourists wearing ratty t-shirts, short shorts, singlets, dark glasses (soooo cool) and rubber flip flops. Now, add flashpackers looking to score illegal weed at 500b gram which is over 14000 an ounce.

Perfect for Thong Lor cops. Another money making opportunity.

Far, far better to reduce taxes on wine and spirits. Weed addicts are worthless.

The weed is NOT illegal although I can't fault your maths.  On the other hand presumably alcoholics are people of the highest quality and can only benefit society

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Haha 1