O.C.D. What's YOURS?

2long

I think my OCD may have contributed to me getting through the worst of the COVID period unscathed.

When I dine out I hate seeing a fingerprint on my knife, or sitting at the table with upright wine-glasses there (gathering airborne dust and germs).

I never dry the dishes with a kitchen tea-towel, rather I'll use a paper towel.

I always have the banknote$ in my wallet with the denomination in the top RH cnr.

When I lock doors, I have to go back and check I've locked them a minute later.

I always wash my hands (discreetly) after shaking hands with someone.

I always leave the toilet roll with a square or two hanging down (from the roll) to make it easier for the next person to grab. I always leave the toilet seat DOWN (when I've finished) in case the next person is female or ??????

Framed pictures hanging on the wall MUST be straight, I get irritated if they're not and must straighten them, either at home or elsewhere...

Plus I have many many more peculiarities.

Call me a "germophobe", "neat", "considerate", "fastidious" person.. others close to me say OCD! 

"I always leave the toilet roll with a square or two hanging down (from the roll) to make it easier for the next person to grab. I always leave the toilet seat DOWN (when I've finished) in case the next person is female or ??????"

Women......You just can't please them!....They complain if you leave the toilet seat up and even more if you leave it down and P*ss all over it! :whistling:

I definitely have OCD, I regard it as a benefit.

Examples:

All the coat hangers in my wardrobe face the same way, and my clothes are hung in groups of trousers, shirts, jackets and sweaters.

When I get a bill for anything - electricity, internet, condo fees etc. I pay it the day I get it. That way, I can forget about it.

Any time I use the toilet, or I am about to eat food, I wash my hands.

The first thing I do when I get in any car is put my seat belt on.

I have daily exercise routines, if I miss a session I feel guilty.

Whenever I have anything new - car, TV, refrigerator etc. I read the manual first before starting to use it.

I count my change whenever I buy something in a shop.

I have a defined sequence for coffee - sugar first, stir until dissolved. Milk afterwards.

I record how much I spend every month. Every year on July 1, I record what my assets are. I have no debts.

I am meticulous about getting my car and scooter serviced when it is due.

I don't regard having OCD as being a liability. IMO everything I do in that respect is logical.

Edited by Lacessit
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I definitely have OCD, I regard it as a benefit.

Examples:

All the coat hangers in my wardrobe face the same way, and my clothes are hung in groups of trousers, shirts, jackets and sweaters.

When I get a bill for anything - electricity, internet, condo fees etc. I pay it the day I get it. That way, I can forget about it.

Any time I use the toilet, or I am about to eat food, I wash my hands.

The first thing I do when I get in any car is put my seat belt on.

I have daily exercise routines, if I miss a session I feel guilty.

Whenever I have anything new - car, TV, refrigerator etc. I read the manual first before starting to use it.

I count my change whenever I buy something in a shop.

I have a defined sequence for coffee - sugar first, stir until dissolved. Milk afterwards.

I record how much I spend every month. Every year on July 1, I record what my assets are. I have no debts.

I am meticulous about getting my car and scooter serviced when it is due.

I don't regard having OCD as being a liability. IMO everything I do in that respect is logical.

You don’t have OCD, you are just organized. 

If you have to kick the wall 3x and tap your toes 6x before leaving your house… you have OCD., 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And even if you DO have OCD, that is a different ball game from OCPD.

Quite right, I have absolutely no compulsion to impose my standards on anyone else, although I do have occasional waking bruxism.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

As a toy collector from sites on FB, I tend to refresh facebook about every 10 minutes looking for a bargain. That count as obsessive ? Can't help myself ????

I'd regard just being on Facebook as obsessive. Squared if on Twitter as well.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'd regard just being on Facebook as obsessive. Squared if on Twitter as well.

You forgot to add in AseanNow, as well as using Line, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram....

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You forgot to add in AseanNow, as well as using Line, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram....

I admit to using Line, although I prefer DUO and ZOOM for better quality.

Don't use Messenger ( Windows, you must be joking ) WhatsApp or Instagram. Too ugly for OnlyFans.

As for ASEAN, I'm a masochist. It's a bit like watching train wrecks in facts and logic.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

I always leave the toilet seat DOWN (when I've finished) in case the next person is female or ??????

I always leave the toilet seat up, as at my age I am the most likely to need it next. I have explained this to my GF, as well as pointing out it is not good for my back to be bending down frequently to raise toilet seats.

I like to find things where I left them, so it does irritate me when she moves them somewhere else.

Come to think of it, she may be OCD. She cleans for dirt I can't even see.