Weed shops in Chiang Mai?

onebaht

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm still of the opinion 150bht/gm is a reasonable price, anything more will be profiteering after September.

Obviously the current sellers were growing illegally, so they deserve a little more at the moment for the risk they took. Surprised there is so much available at the moment, but another 3 months and the crops will all be totally legit with no excuse for the silly prices.

You don't see the bigger picture, if you commercially sell you have to go above the legal amount of plants. You would typically have like 6 plants per square meter, which is nothing much at all, you need at least 10-20-50x that amount. Aside of risks of lost harvest and more. As well more electric usage and renting a place to do it, running it etc.

All of this needs to be financed upfront as well obviously, for up to 2 harvest and dry+cure = 6-8 months.

Then you have those who do do it as a hobby and within the legal limits (or a bit above, or placed at several houses), and they want to get good value for their weed = the current market prices.

It is very similar in Netherlands, and yes there too, if you would have your own little tent with the 5-6 plants + run the summers outdoors, the cost price is drastically lower and selling to friends price typically half of market prices.

I do get the point you would say 150, if you would assume the Thai to be a productive worker and be happy with still getting an average of 500-1000 per day in returns if succeeding, while having a very lazy work (they should love that). But actually many friend to friend sellers also do so, it's just a small quantity per harvest so small circles.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

As far as I know there is no current limit on the number of plants you can legally grow.

They are talking about a limit of 10 plants per household, but that's only talk, no laws yet.

But there's an easy way around that!

cannabis.jpg

That is an outdoor plant and those can get much bigger, that also would be a mother plant meaning from the original seed and not a clone. That is completely different than growing indoors, as well for how much grams you would harvest.

However you are not going to get that creme de la creme weed the topic starter was talking about, that is indoor work really. Also as far I know you need to register with the app / website and the limit is 6 plants (hence my example with indoors usually being 6 plants per square meter, due to having lights, air filters etc, they do not get that big. 

You could maybe have 600 watt of traditional light in a square meter tent, you would get 0.5 grams per watt if you are a medium experienced grower. So 300 grams per harvest would be very decent.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

However you are not going to get that creme de la creme weed the topic starter was talking about, that is indoor work really. Also as far I know you need to register with the app / website and the limit is 6 plants.

There are no current laws on registration or number of plants.

The 'voluntary' app suggests permission to grow 2 plants ..... but it's not the law.

PS.

The photo is of a large flowering MJ plant grown in a single season, it ain't 'mother', mother is only for plants in Veg.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There are no current laws on registration or number of plants.

The 'voluntary' app suggests permission to grow 2 plants ..... but it's not the law.

If one wanna do and risk that with indoor plants on a large scale, as it seems to be legal so far, that is one issue less. Does not change all the other points and upfront financing costs regardless. So then people would borrow and pay insane interest rates to do such business.

I do not see it happening soon, it just remains small to medium growers, limited high quality as 98% are newbie growers = current market prices. You will just get this just average indoor weed for 300 more standard perhaps.

150 will be mom and pop stores lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thanks 1

But yeah, if it is legal, you can make quite a decent honest living here growing it, if you have a market to sell to. I believe selling it would still be illegal too as a foreigner right, they don't like competition too much.

Searching 'kush' on Line Shopping yields dozens of boutique strains available via mail-order from several different shops- prices range from ~500bt (cheaper for home-grown) to ~900bt per gram.  I'd imagine quality varies, but the selection is pretty big.

14 minutes ago, AnnaBanana said:

Chances are that it will be a furtive trade in the future due to the confusion of laws that are sure to be enacted and their selective enforcement afterwards.

Now is the honeymoon period.

It will end when the overwhelming weight of gov't bureaucracy comes down on the players.

Taxation will be imposed on every phase of the operation.

Prices will be inflated to world class levels and your local guy will still be in business offering a better deal.

That's a plausible scenario.

Some things never change... TIT

• Like 1

Going back to the OP:

One nearly opposite Lucky Bar
One near Warorot Market
One near the UN Irish Pub
One near the Exhibition Centre
One up from Chiangmai Gate

I'm sure more will pop up or others can add to the list,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moncul said:

Going back to the OP:

One nearly opposite Lucky Bar
One near Warorot Market
One near the UN Irish Pub
One near the Exhibition Centre
One up from Chiangmai Gate

I'm sure more will pop up or others can add to the list,

high queen opposite night bazaar    has FB page

hannah shop next to Giant GH soi 6  east side--tho $$$$  same owners

both have smoking areas.....HQ better selection as well..and guy is thai british

To confirm, it's fully legal to buy a few grams at these shops, transport them home on your motorcycle, then smoke it at home?

If the police happen to stop your motorcycle and they find a few grams, it's fully legal to be transporting it on public roads? 

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

To confirm, it's fully legal to buy a few grams at these shops, transport them home on your motorcycle, then smoke it at home?

If the police happen to stop your motorcycle and they find a few grams, it's fully legal to be transporting it on public roads? 

the 2 shops ive gone into in cm old city have chill out smoking rooms if someone wants to...

also noticed one shop said 3g max for sale per visit......granny and grandpop running that shop

• Like 1