Weed shops in Chiang Mai?

onebaht

On 7/5/2022 at 12:09 PM, elektrified said:

They are literally everywhere. There is one near Kad Luang that carries 40 strains. I can't remember the name but it is on Thannon Wichayanon. Can't miss it.

High Queen---thai brit named SOAP!   outdoor area also to chill....spoke with him in shop

high queen cnx on facebook

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Mahseer said:

Prices at High Queen are from 150-900/gm. They also occasionally have hash 5gms for 2,500baht. 

have you had the 150g/bt?...i just want a decent kind that will do what its supposed to....

I am not ready to throw down 600-700 for a gram.......

I guess its like pizza..no matter how bad it is..its still pretty good..... ????

6 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

have you had the 150g/bt?...i just want a decent kind that will do what its supposed to....

I am not ready to throw down 600-700 for a gram.......

I guess its like pizza..no matter how bad it is..its still pretty good..... ????

No I opted for hash. For the 2500baht you can get 1/2hundredweight in India but not complaining.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, BritManToo said:

Obviously the current sellers were growing illegally, so they deserve a little more at the moment for the risk they took. Surprised there is so much available at the moment

My thoughts as well...there must have been a warehouse/s ceiling to floor long before it was taken off the narcotics list

On 6/29/2022 at 2:40 PM, ChaiyaTH said:

If you want something in between quality, a price of 500 baht would be very reasonable. I personally just smoke pure now from Thai stick, nowadays that can be gotten from as little as 50 baht per gram too, there is good and bad.

If you were able to get it before legalization 500 baht is high. I was getting it for 250-350 per g before and its the same and even less if you want the popcorn buds.  There is no Thai stick, again if you are lucky you can get some nice Lao weed, but it has been compressed. That is generally 3000 to as you say 5000 for 100 gram blocks. 

There are a lot different places in Chiang Mai that is selling cannabis flower I noticed. I myself get my stuff from Prikpot.com. You can order online and they will deliver. Or you can go to their store and you can save somewhere around 100 - 200 baht per gram. They are located in the Star Avenue 5, left hand side. I like them because they grow their stuff and it is 100% organic. If you belong to the local Expat Club they will give you a 10% discount.  

On 6/29/2022 at 3:12 PM, BritManToo said:

Quality seed,

5 pounds, most pro growers clone hundreds of plants from just one seed.

Choose the most expensive seed you can find, it doesn't add to a pro growers cost.

MaeJo University sold 4,000 female clone seedlings for 30bht each last week, and they made a profit.

Electricity,

I've got solar power, my tent has been on 16hrs/day since the weekend, hasn't cost me a dime so far.

Even without solar power, 4 units of electricity/day for 6 months (3,000bht) will grow you 20oz (560gm). 

Total grow costs

So the electricity costs of a premium indoor hydro grow is approx 5bht/gm.

Add the seed cost at 210bht/560gm = 0.5bht/gm

Add nutrient cost 0.5bht/gm

Total grow costs 6bht/gm plus profit and labour.

I'm still of the opinion 150bht/gm is a reasonable price, anything more will be profiteering after September.

Obviously the current sellers were growing illegally, so they deserve a little more at the moment for the risk they took. Surprised there is so much available at the moment, but another 3 months and the crops will all be totally legit with no excuse for the silly prices.

Nice breakdown of costs. However you didn't factor in the initial investment in equipment and maintenance. There's also bad crops and damages sometime.

Another point is that any seller can try and get as much as possible for his\her goods. If there are customers willing to pay why not? I also think that once the market saturates prices might go down a bit. All about demand and supply.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, flare said:

Inputting 'cannabis store' into Google Maps brings up about a dozen hits for CM.

This is such a GOOD TIP! Works well for my locale in ISSAN territory too!

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 3:21 PM, BritManToo said:

As far as I know there is no current limit on the number of plants you can legally grow. They are talking about a limit of 10 plants per household, but that's only talk, no laws yet.

But there's an easy way around that!

cannabis.jpg

Is that you? You look just like my friend crazy Hank who is a glass blower in Vermont... 

12 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'm using the same equipment again this season, nothing broke.

Still enough nutrients left for this year.

All I've bought for this year is some peat 520bht, light timer 150bht, 24 seeds from the UK 4,000bht.

So this years grow (assuming 500gm) will cost me 10bht/gm.

Are you getting the seeds online and via DHL?

Edited by HaoleBoy

On 7/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, flare said:

Inputting 'cannabis store' into Google Maps brings up about a dozen hits for CM.

Good tip! Today I just inputted "cannabis", and came up with a local farm / bar in the results for my ISSAN locale.  ????

• Like 1

Checkout "Yellow Pug" in CM.  You can  buy some weed and Craft Beer at same place.  Although, they didn't know the % THC of the weed they sold.  Maybe you can smoke outside ... I'm not sure.

Had a place like this in California ... Craft Beer in the back .25 of the warehouse and Craft Weed in the front .25 ... in between they were growing the weed.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, kokotorrio said:

Dr. Green Cannabis Dispensary

On Thapae Road near the Gate 061 619 2394 https://maps.app.goo.gl/6UgRhc5oNq7VzvuXA

IMG_20220707_183319.jpg

That's convenient.  It's right next to the pharmacy I use.  I'm pretty happy with the cheap stuff.  Reminds me of the 1960s.  Now THC, but that works for me now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've tried many of the dispensaries in the city (20+ at this point). Most of them sell overpriced and underwhelming weed. There's only a couple physical shops I can recommend.

Hybrid is pretty good if you don't mind making a drive about 5-10 mins north of Nimman.

Space Trees is solid if you're in Nimman, they have great prices compared to all of the neighboring shops in Nimman.

If you're like me though and you don't want to leave the house every time you want to pick up new stuff, ThaiTopShelf.com is a good option. They are a delivery service which deliver for free within the city of Chiang Mai. Everything I've gotten from them has been fire and they offer deals on bigger amounts.

Another great option is Wake n Bake in the old city near Tha Pae Gate.

Edited by OGchiangmaiguy
  • Like 1

If I pay the stratospheric prices, will the effect be actually enjoyable?   

I'm mostly getting negative effects from smoking weed.   (Severe disorientation, anxiety, mood swings and physical effects like discomfort of inhaling smoke directly into my lungs and then weirdness in my heartbeat.)

We're sure this is just a harmless and healthy plant right?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

9 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

If I pay the stratospheric prices, will the effect be actually enjoyable?   

I'm mostly getting negative effects from smoking weed.   (Severe disorientation, anxiety, mood swings and physical effects like discomfort of inhaling smoke directly into my lungs and then weirdness in my heartbeat.)

We're sure this is just a harmless and healthy plant right?

Always more fun to smoke with a friend.

Marijuana.jpg.9a144e8b1f431d64b19b1b6d505734a1.jpg

• Haha 2

On 9/20/2022 at 10:49 AM, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Don't forget the weight gain due to continuously having the 'munchies'. And let's not forget the tired red eye look.