Cannabis ban imposed on schools, pot smoking in public banned from Friday

snoop1130

On 6/18/2022 at 6:27 AM, KhaoYai said:

Then you're lucky - I don't undertstand any of it.  The only thing I do understand is that the proposal to 'legalise' cannabis has been brought about by a government that has no knowledge of the product at all.

First its medicinal use only. Then the inuendo, if not the actual wording, was cleadly going towards 'recreational'. During both those phases Anutin sought to appease opponents and concerned members of the public by stating that the strength would be limited to 0.2% - no mention of that being applicable to certain parts of the plant or extracts. More recently it appears that recreational use is accepted but even more recently, whatever the actual law says appears to have been changed to only extracts being limited to 0.2%. 

People seem to be taking that as meaning the bud can be whatever strength you want as long as you don't extract any part of plant and understandably so.

What the hell are they talking about? - apart from those who extract resin through various methods for real medicinal use, I know of very few people who do any 'extracting'.  Why would they want to?  The vast majority of cannabis use is via smoked, ground, bud. The last stuff I grew had a claimed THC content of between 27 and 30% THC - you don't need to extract anything from that - just one joint will put you on another planet. Does Anutin think weed is still the same as it was in  his college days - Superskunk and K2 at around 15% THC.?  Just about all of the popular Cali strains are capable of 30% THC if they're grown correctly.

Now kids under 20 and pregnant women are banned from using cannabis and everyone is banned from smoking it in public.  How long before Thailand's sizeable anti smoking lobby start chipping in and demanding smoking weed is banned completely?  Remember the proposal a couple of years back to ban people from smoking cigarettes in their own homes?

How long before its completely banned again?  The man in charge seems to have very little actual knowledge of cannabis at all.

Legalise it fully or ban it - this ever changing situation is just a joke. Its like announcing the removal of all speed limits from all roads and then slowly saying 'but only if you're driving this sort of car' and 'except for this road and that road' oh 'and only if you're over this age'.

You need to consider that, inevitably in Thailand, this "legalisation/liberalisation" process is being driven by those who see an opportunity to profit, probably through the inevitable regulation of the market being used to establish a monopoly.

This will of course be in Bangkok and other big cities/ affluent areas. Nobody gives two hoots what will go on out in the sticks, it is too difficult to control and no real money in it.

To the best of my knowledge the local lads up here in the rural north have been mixing it with their local hand rolling tobacco for ever!

Edited by herfiehandbag

23 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You need to consider that, inevitably in Thailand, this "legalisation/liberalisation" process is being driven by those who see an opportunity to profit, probably through the inevitable regulation of the market being used to establish a monopoly.

This will of course be in Bangkok and other big cities/ affluent areas. Nobody gives two hoots what will go on out in the sticks, it is too difficult to control and no real money in it.

To the best of my knowledge the local lads up here in the rural north have been mixing it with their local hand rolling tobacco for ever!

I am pretty sure the lads of the north have been supplying a lot of the stores in bkk...and are well aware of the value of their product

Edited by CraigInBangkok

The regulations from the health ministry, effective today, specify that the smoking of cannabis and hemp in public is banned.

As I presumed from the beginning, they would be doing everything in their power to protect the RTP franchisees. They will still be able to cover the cost of their villas and luxury cars, with the threat of arrests for outdoor smokers.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:27 AM, KhaoYai said:

Then you're lucky - I don't undertstand any of it.  The only thing I do understand is that the proposal to 'legalise' cannabis has been brought about by a government that has no knowledge of the product at all.

First its medicinal use only. Then the inuendo, if not the actual wording, was cleadly going towards 'recreational'. During both those phases Anutin sought to appease opponents and concerned members of the public by stating that the strength would be limited to 0.2% - no mention of that being applicable to certain parts of the plant or extracts. More recently it appears that recreational use is accepted but even more recently, whatever the actual law says appears to have been changed to only extracts being limited to 0.2%. 

People seem to be taking that as meaning the bud can be whatever strength you want as long as you don't extract any part of plant and understandably so.

What the hell are they talking about? - apart from those who extract resin through various methods for real medicinal use, I know of very few people who do any 'extracting'.  Why would they want to?  The vast majority of cannabis use is via smoked, ground, bud. The last stuff I grew had a claimed THC content of between 27 and 30% THC - you don't need to extract anything from that - just one joint will put you on another planet. Does Anutin think weed is still the same as it was in  his college days - Superskunk and K2 at around 15% THC.?  Just about all of the popular Cali strains are capable of 30% THC if they're grown correctly.

Now kids under 20 and pregnant women are banned from using cannabis and everyone is banned from smoking it in public.  How long before Thailand's sizeable anti smoking lobby start chipping in and demanding smoking weed is banned completely?  Remember the proposal a couple of years back to ban people from smoking cigarettes in their own homes?

How long before its completely banned again?  The man in charge seems to have very little actual knowledge of cannabis at all.

Legalise it fully or ban it - this ever changing situation is just a joke. Its like announcing the removal of all speed limits from all roads and then slowly saying 'but only if you're driving this sort of car' and 'except for this road and that road' oh 'and only if you're over this age'.

Well, the way it is now is better than nothing. I'm wondering, too, how long it's gonna last. There's more than enough people who do hashoil extracts and then smoke the oil. It's fairly easy to do, too. Obviously smoking an extract from a plant that has already a high THC content is no joke.  I agree, though, it should be legalized unconditional. 

On 6/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, thaitom said:

If I may post this link ?  How is this possible ? I really do not understand.    https://prikpot.com/?tap_a=114340-911ad0&tap_s=2932157-79232a     They even deliver COD.

Because it's legal now and people have been laying in wait for this for decades...

Edited by pacovl46
Typo

On 6/19/2022 at 12:36 PM, spidermike007 said:

As I presumed from the beginning, they would be doing everything in their power to protect the RTP franchisees. They will still be able to cover the cost of their villas and luxury cars, with the threat of arrests for outdoor smokers.

Not only that - once the dust settles, and presuming it settles in the right direction, I suspect these new laws will change drastically.The 'big boys' will get involved, pressure the government into regulating supply and they will then control the situation. There's no way they're going to miss this opportunity.

Its much the same as the laws around brewing beer in Thailand - a monopoly is guaranteed to just 2 main suppliers by law.  I can't remember the amount but to be able to start brewing in Thailand you have to have facilities to be able to produce a crazy amount of beer - x millions of litres.  Small start-ups don't stand a chance so control of brewing rests with just 2 companies.

Amazing! A situation that would go against the laws of most civilised countries is guaranteed by law!  Prayuth and his cronies don't run this country, they are allowed to run it by the elite - as long as they protect the elite's income.

But then again,  I would not be totally surprised to see a ban re-imposed before long.

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:21 AM, pacovl46 said:

There's more than enough people who do hashoil extracts and then smoke the oil.

I have no idea why - it could be because a lot of the stuff that's been on sale here for many years is pretty low grade. When you 'cream off' the extract, you're basically dealing with un-diluted THC which is probably around the same strength as normal western grown bud.

When I harvested my bud (note the past tense), I'd have to scrape the resin off my scissors with a razor blade 3 to 4 times per plant as I was trimming the leaves off.  I would roll that into little balls of pure resin and that stuff would 'knock the socks off' most regular smokers - just as skunk did when it was first introduced to the UK.  After years of smoking hash etc. - skunk, as it was called then was in a different league - from a different planet.  Now its the norm - I rarely see hash in the UK these days, everyone grinds bud.

To be fair, I prefered the older stuff - I liked having a good night out.  I didn't then and don't now - understand the attraction of not being able to remember if I had a good time or not.  However, I don't tolerate THC well - it doesn't take a lot to get me comatose.  I'm also alergic to any part of the plant touching my skin - growing the stuff was more than a little difficult ????.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Not only that - once the dust settles, and presuming it settles in the right direction, I suspect these new laws will change drastically.The 'big boys' will get involved, pressure the government into regulating supply and they will then control the situation. There's no way they're going to miss this opportunity.

Its much the same as the laws around brewing beer in Thailand - a monopoly is guaranteed to just 2 main suppliers by law.  I can't remember the amount but to be able to start brewing in Thailand you have to have facilities to be able to produce a crazy amount of beer - x millions of litres.  Small start-ups don't stand a chance so control of brewing rests with just 2 companies.

Amazing! A situation that would go against the laws of most civilised countries is guaranteed by law!  Prayuth and his cronies don't run this country, they are allowed to run it by the elite - as long as they protect the elite's income.

But then again,  I would not be totally surprised to see a ban re-imposed before long.

The big boys are the ones who hastened the legalisation of weed already had the farms up and running for at least a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Thailand said:

The big boys are the ones who hastened the legalisation of weed already had the farms up and running for at least a couple of years.

Maybe so but they don't have the monopoly yet - they will though.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I have no idea why - it could be because a lot of the stuff that's been on sale here for many years is pretty low grade. When you 'cream off' the extract, you're basically dealing with un-diluted THC which is probably around the same strength as normal western grown bud.

When I harvested my bud (note the past tense), I'd have to scrape the resin off my scissors with a razor blade 3 to 4 times per plant as I was trimming the leaves off.  I would roll that into little balls of pure resin and that stuff would 'knock the socks off' most regular smokers - just as skunk did when it was first introduced to the UK.  After years of smoking hash etc. - skunk, as it was called then was in a different league - from a different planet.  Now its the norm - I rarely see hash in the UK these days, everyone grinds bud.

To be fair, I prefered the older stuff - I liked having a good night out.  I didn't then and don't now - understand the attraction of not being able to remember if I had a good time or not.  However, I don't tolerate THC well - it doesn't take a lot to get me comatose.  I'm also alergic to any part of the plant touching my skin - growing the stuff was more than a little difficult ????.

Well, why do people graduate from coke to crack or from speed to crystal meth?

Better kick, I suppose. Having said that, you'd have to build up  quite the tolerance to be able to smoke oil because it will kick like a mule. Never got to that level despite having smoked for 23 three years on a daily basis. We started out with hash as well because it's what was around. Then weed became the dominant available commodity and I have to say, I preferred it over hash because hash is too much of a stoner/downer. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:52 PM, 2long said:

In the civilised world, the government would have thought about, discussed, and implemented these laws BEFORE making the stuff legal.

It really does beggar belief how inept these Muppets are!

I was going to say they must have been smoking something but to be honest a lack of planning seems commonplace anyway. 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 6:25 AM, vandeventer said:

Once you let the Jeannie out of the bottle school kids will always be at risk.

Of course, because such kids were never able to access the plants their family, friends, and neighbors were growing and selling illegally.

The entire social landscape has changed now.... Not.

The genie was never in the bottle, (unless you truly are talking about an American TV sitcom) here are anywhere else in the world. Pot from Thailand was available in America in the 1960's.