Do you sleep with Air Con or fan?

jack71

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Don't use A/C ,because I don't like it, just use fans, but last couple

of weeks don't even use them , just sleep with the windows open.

the air up in Chiang Mai this year has been good,due to the rain,

when it should not have been raining, now it's the rainy season ,

it's not raining so much ......

regards worgeordie

I don't ever use air-cond either. 

It's unhealthy and expensive. 

I mostly use fan at night's, but sometimes turn off if cooler. 

However,  I live in high level corner condo, close to beach at Pattaya area.. 

Get good breeze 80% of the time. 

Close doors a little at night's if too windy.. 

• Like 1

Avoid having the aircon or fan blowing over your face… both of which are very drying when one is catching flies during deep REM sleep, typically at those sorts of times. Keeping feet cool is a good strategy. 

Medical issues mentioned above also worth looking at. 

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

I sleep with the air con on.  Vents a little opened.  I also wake up with dry mouth. 
Actually the dry mouth started about ten years ago while sleeping. 
I was told I sleep with my mouth open and sometimes snore.  If you have started sleeping with your mouth opened that might be the issue also.  Just a thought 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

What really bugs me is my wife pulling on the duvet and saying she's too hot.

Had a similar issue with my wife years ago, after some reeducation,  she now pulls the correct thing when hot. :thumbsup:

Ps, Aircon 3 hours a night

set at 28, stand on floor fan all night.

Edited by Orinoco

for first three months of living in my condo in Bangkok I used Aircon all night long but now I'm slowly acclimatising so fan is good enough for me. well until it gets a bit too uncomfortable then I blast the AC at 26° or 27° for ten minutes or so.

main motivation for avoiding AC is the environmental aspect not the cost. would ditch it altogether but that's not practical in my condo because the silly bar stewards didn't put fly screens on the windows and even on the 14th floor I still get those pesky skeeters ????

I am truly way too lazy. All these scheduled zircon / fan / off / on is too much for me. At night, aircon on all night at 27 while during the day, depending on wind conditions, aircon either on or off during the day, as needed. This costs me about 3,000 B per month. Within my outer tolerance level so I take the lazy way.

• Like 2

Centralized aircon. Temp, flow and timer are adjustable on a touchscreen panel on every room.

I also have a humidifier. Without one, I often get sinus blockage issues in the morning.

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I use A/C set to 26c all night. Nice 4.5 tog Siberian goose down duvet with 400 thread count Egyptian cotton linens on a Slumberland matress.

Siberian goose down with a 26 degree temperature? Dang, I would think you would be sweating like a pig. At 26 a nice high thread count sheet would be enough for me.

This time of year have the AC on all night. Have an newer Panasonic inverter, and keep it on low fan speed, so it is barely audible. But, keeps the room delightfully cool. Use the living room AC all day from 10am to 8pm. Got the ceiling insulated, so the AC does not have to work nearly as hard, as before, and the house does not get as hot as it used to. It is a great way to deal with the heat this time of year. And since they are both inverters, the electric bill is reasonable for the house. I am not a martyr, and am not into suffering! 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

2 Fans only + 4 of the 7 bedroom windows open 24/7

downstairs all windows and doors open + 2 fans, all the dogs can wonder in and out as they please when downstairs

was rather a waist of money buying Air con 18 years ago as never use.

If it's the type of heat that stays all night = a/c & ceiling fan....Windows shut....

If it's cooling down at night, then a fan that pulls in the cooler outside air into the room by a window....If sufficiently cooled we shut off the fan by the window & just use the ceiling fan.....

We much prefer the air flow/circulation by the ceiling fan, which is centered over the bed....

For some reason I don't like floor fans much - especially if oscillating....

The nicely rippled air from the ceiling fan is soothing + quieter than the tunneled air projection from a floor fan....

13 minutes ago, ignis said:

2 Fans only + 4 of the 7 bedroom windows open 24/7

downstairs all windows and doors open + 2 fans, all the dogs can wonder in and out as they please when downstairs

was rather a waist of money buying Air con 18 years ago as never use.

Sounds that in a place where dogs can wonder in and out as they please you live in more of a dog kennel than a house or am I barking up the wrong tree ? 

3 hours ago, murraynz said:

It's unhealthy and expensive. 

its neither of those things in my view.  Being hot and sweaty is unhealthy.  Studies suggest that the ideal temperature for sleeping is 20 degrees,  Try that in LOS without aircon.  Aircon is cheap in comparison to say heating in a temperate climate.   

• Confused 1