Do you sleep with Air Con or fan?

jack71

I set the aircons at 26 degrees, use them late afternoon when it is hottest in Chiang Rai. Switch them off about 7 pm, sleep with a fan. And my GF.

Quite cool this year, hardly need them. The aircons, that is.

20 hours ago, jack71 said:

I sleep with Air con 'Cool' option 26 degree's with 2 small windows open. Im constantly waking up dehydrated with a dry mouth around 2am/ 3am. This never used to happen and thus either an issue with the machine or I have health problem. Anyone else?

The dry mouth is probably from mouth breathing if you have a blocked nose, and the air con lowers the humidity to make it drier still. It is easiliy solved by having some drinking water next to the bed - a few sips and I'm good to go back to sleep.

21 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

image.jpeg

Maybe if you sleep in a Hanger/Barn

Some years ago bought a 25" fan, far to powerful + Noisy in large bedroom or even larger living room even on setting 1....   used only in Kitchen

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Both. You have a problem with that?

out of interest, what precautions do you take when banging LBs or being banged by LBs?

Make sure theirs is smaller.

I thought everyone knew that.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, Hellfire said:

I owe 15 k at the place I stay at. Gonna make a run. The situation is absolutely unacceptable. You cannot owe money just for making yourself able to survive. Really unacceptable stuff!

Saving money is number one with me and relying mostly on fans works well to lower my electricity costs. Even my Thai GF thinks my power bills are reasonable.

Personally, I prefer to sleep in a cold room, so AC on and set low temp. Since the AC is essentially a dehumidifier, the air is dry, hence the noted reactions. Fortunately, the dry air doesn't bother me. I'd bet for those affected by the dry air, sleeping with a vaporizer next to you could solve the problem. Just a thought.

On 6/17/2022 at 4:53 PM, jack71 said:

Do you sleep with A/C or windows open/ fan? 

I sleep excellent with fan, and often a balcony-door open - or no fan, but door open - depending on the season...????

On 6/17/2022 at 9:53 PM, jack71 said:

What about you.

It's not that simple. 

It all depends on the house or condo that you sleep at night. 

My house is well insulated, we have cement rendered internal and external walls (painted white) and ceiling insulation, this allows me to cool down the room and it maintains this temperature. 

If your house is poorly insulated, your brick walls will hold the heat. 

A mate of mine asked if he could feel my internal walls, to check for heat, my walls were cool. His house is painted dark red with exposed brick, his internal walls kept their heat day and night, this will heat your room. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

AC every night, unless it's the very cold time of year, fan set to low, AC at 26, I like a cold dark bedroom, and sleep with quilts. I just get a better sleep curled up under a quilt. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 10:48 PM, soi3eddie said:

I use A/C set to 26c all night. Nice 4.5 tog Siberian goose down duvet with 400 thread count Egyptian cotton linens on a Slumberland matress. Wooden venetian blinds closed (north facing room in a quiet Bangkok Soi). Most important is a hot Thai lady sleeping next to me after a good work out. Absolute bliss. 

That’s my exact sleep profile! In warmest Phuket. People claiming fan -only sleep here are very rare, very hard core super fit types ….or lying. ????

Have tried fan only under thin duvet with tshirt/ pants but uncomfortable and wake up 2-3am????electric so cheap here why be uncomfortable ?

Modern ac’s don’t cause any drying out or health issues.. I believe. ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

That’s my exact sleep profile! In warmest Phuket. People claiming fan -only sleep here are very rare, very hard core super fit types ….or lying. ????

Have tried fan only under thin duvet with tshirt/ pants but uncomfortable and wake up 2-3am????electric so cheap here why be uncomfortable ?

Modern ac’s don’t cause any drying out or health issues.. I believe. ????

How do the locals do it?

• Like 1

Wow, lot's of comments. Are you really reading them?  Either 25 or 26, usually 25 and a fan. I sleep old style with a cover sheet and light blanket (quilt type, very light). Fan goes off, I wake up...  A/C is always on...  If I breath through my nose (ie not stuff or partially stuffed up) I have no drying in my mouth. If I can't breath through my nose, then yes, usually my mouth gets dry.  

Neither, I sleep with my Sharp, Air Purifier on with a window open. But I do worry about the big lizards pushing their way threw my window as they have done in the past. It take a lot of time to get them back out the window as they want to move in.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:20 PM, Gaccha said:

No AC. No fan. Window is adjusted depending on the time of year.

I'm in an urban heatzone, so around 8 years ago, when there was a heatwave, I turned on a fan... to low. 

I usually turn on AC to 27 degrees just before switching the light out. Not to cool down but because the human body naturally sleeps when it gets darker... and when it gets cooler. 

During those rare cold snaps, I wear a cheap Lazada Chinese Heatvest, and.... I pray it doesn't burn me alive before morning. 

Cheap Charlie.... ????

• Confused 1